It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Untold Story About Eric Clapton, the song 'Layla' and its Real Message!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
She's a full blown crank and her story is complete nonsense.

The whole Layla, Clapton, Boyd story is well known and established.

A mate of mine drummed for the re-reformed Thin Lizzy 2004 - 2006.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I experienced a moderate amount of fame in the 90s and subsequently toured with genuine full-blown stars afterwards. One thing that was alarmingly apparent is that once you become a celebrity of sorts, really unstable people come out of the woodwork with bizarre stories and questions. When I say unstable, I mean genuinely weird and psychotic individuals who make you uncomfortable in their presence; the kind you want to go away as soon as possible. This Debra interviewee sounds like typical stock from these kinds of "fans".

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Have yea met Brian Downey!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Hi,

May not be to everyones' taste but Peter Hammill wrote a song a while back called 'Energy Vampires'

Link below to a rare live performance - listen around 1.30 mark....

www.youtube.com...

Peace!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

No, unfortunately not.

My friend Mike Lee en.wikipedia.org...(musician) drummed for Thin Lizzy for a couple of years.

He had some great & fascinating stories to tell about his years with Page & Plant, The Cult, Thin Lizzy etc.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Bloody ell Dave you do come out with some mad threads mate, I get you just posted it for the interesting factor, and your stance on this story, personally I think it’s the ravings a of a semi mad woman but hey what do I know?

I know this though, I’ve met George Harrison and Olivia a few times in Henley where they lived for many years, I was a manager of an organic delicatessen in the town at the time and they were regular customers, George was the most nicest humblest famous guy I’ve ever met
he was very down to Earth and just a nice guy really, his wife Olivia was also nice but had that sort of air about her that said ‘don’t mess with me I’m Beatles wife’, Ian Paice from Deep Purple was also a customer and he was ok too, DJ Steve Right (currently on radio 2) was the biggest tosser I’ve ever had the misfortune to meet in my life on the other hand! (Just a bit of name dropping by me for a laugh
it’s true though) I myself have been in the music industry for over ten years signed to a record label and have come across a few nutters in my time that like to latch onto anyone who’s famous, that’s what I personally think this woman is about…

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Majestic RNA]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

This thread is a complete waste of time and bandwidth.

Threads such as this have no place on ATS.

"Untold story?"

"Real Message?"

Where? According to which reliable sources?

I've so frequently been disappointed by the gullibility of some members, the specious "research," and flimsy "credentials" of sources, that I can understand why ATS has lately lost so much credibility.

You have titled the OP as if it related fact when the source is completely incredible, there is no support for the story anywhere and it is clearly based on falsehoods.

It only took a couple of minutes to ascertain that this is crap, and unfortunately a lot like some of the more recent recent posts that belong in the HOAX forum.

What "conspiracy" makes this even slightly appropriate for this forum?

You have lost whatever credibility you may once have earned by resorting to a junk "story" from a junk source.

What a waste.
How sad.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic RNA

Bloody ell Dave you do come out with some mad threads mate, I get you just posted it for the interesting factor, and your stance on this story, personally I think it’s the ravings a of a semi mad woman but hey what do I know

Well its given us all something to think about, but i cant belive iv never heard of this chick before, an yea got to admit it is interesting an bizarre as is the whole Rock n Roll story! PS the nicest cat iv ever met was Neil Young!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Anyway here's something to lighten up this thread a bit an hes playing a Gibson 355 special, i think this is probley 1 of his best solo's imo,

[edit on 17-7-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This broad is out of her mind.
Lunatic.

"Sole" is the bottom of your shoe.
"Soul" is what you might sell to Beelzebub.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by turk182
This broad is out of her mind.
Lunatic.

"Sole" is the bottom of your shoe.
"Soul" is what you might sell to Beelzebub.

Im dyslexic! are yea happy now?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave
Link below to a rare live performance - listen around 1.30 mark....

HA! Yep! And thanks for the link...

... looks like that guy has experienced the loonies too....

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is content from the authorized biography of Clapton "Survivor" by Ray Coleman...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7af11fd45edf.jpg[/atsimg]

That woman is not mentioned once in this book. And my impression is that nothing has been swept under the carpet, so if such connection did exist, why leave that part out ?

She may want to get revenge for Clapton breaking the promises, he never gave

[edit on 17-7-2010 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What about the Movie She talks about? Nazis beating the crap out of each other an Clapton been the Boss and Carlos the Mexican! if the Movie was cut its got to be somewhere ,any Whistleblowers from Hollywood out there in ATS land i wonder

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
reply to post by drock905

Nah, has to do with George Harrison's ex.

Incidentally, Ms. Boyd divorced Mr. Harrison and married Mr. Clapton (Around 79 if I remember right)

Ms. Boyd and Mr Clapton had a fight too, and he wrote another song for her:

"Wonderful Tonight."

I would believe that site, if they had proof. But all I can find are the ladies words, and well, I say she is a liar.

Let's ask Mr Clapton. Maybe he has some of those old notes from her...

EDIT (To add)

Inspired by Clapton's then unrequited love for Pattie Boyd, the wife of his friend and fellow musician George Harrison, "Layla" was unsuccessful on its initial release.[3] The song has since experienced great critical and popular acclaim. It is often hailed as being among the greatest rock songs of all time. Two versions have achieved chart success, first in 1972 and again twenty years later as an acoustic "Unplugged" performance. In 2004, it was ranked #27 on Rolling Stone's list of "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time", and the acoustic version won the 1993 Grammy Award for Best Rock Song.

Wiki

EDIT (To add)
(The other edit)

[edit on 7/17/2010 by adigregorio]

[edit on 7/17/2010 by adigregorio]

Its nice to see that some people know what they are talking about and not run off repeating silly urban legends.

He wrote it before and performed it for her at a party while she was still married to George and later that same day he told George his feelings for Pattie. The title comes from an old Persian poem.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I've always had huge respect for "Slowhand", and nothing she claims will ever change that

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Maybe her story would have been better if she watched this movie before unloading her crap:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
We could turn this thread into a nice music thread with the people mentioned,,
For example.....

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I agree, but the devil could be a physical person or a group of people pulling the strings of our reality.

Everyone knows "Layla" is only good because of the mindblowly original, electric gutiar riffs, definitely not the lyrics. Or, is that what they want me to think?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by Zamini

I agree, but the devil could be a physical person or a group of people pulling the strings of our reality.

Everyone knows "Layla" is only good because of the mindblowly original, electric gutiar riffs, definitely not the lyrics. Or, is that what they want me to think?

They? an who do yea suppose they are? listen man your thoughts create your own reality! so you make of it as you please! theres nothing outside of your self

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join