It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Untold Story About Eric Clapton, the song 'Layla' and its Real Message!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Well ill have to digest this piece of info before i can respond!
mind you Frank Sinatra was a wanker as is van the man, but that dosent mean there bad singers! i met Clapton a couple of times an got pissed with him an patty an they seemed pretty much together then, i worked in the music biz a few years ago my mates were in the band Thin Lizzy we would meet up in the speak easy in London after gigs an alot of cats who were in the lime light would be there, i must confess i dont recall meeting any Nazis as they would of stood out a mile because most of us were hippies an a bit on the stoned side! but hey anything is possible! like the stories of people in the biz selling there sole to the devil!

Debra Hunter Pitts,

The amazing and shocking testimony of Debra Hunter Pitts, who grew up in Butler County, Missouri in the 50s and 60s - a major Satanic part of the United States at that time, where human sacrifice was happening every day. Debra, being a music prodigy, got involved in the music business at an early age and came to know Eric Clapton and Carlos Santana already as a girl of 13.

www.illuminati-news.com...

[edit on 17-7-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
We are the ones creating this reality.

If you're crazy enough to believe there's a devil who you can SELL your soul to for fame and fortune then by all means go ahead. It's a win-win situation...there is no devil and your soul is not bartering material.

Stop being naive. These stories exist to draw more attention to these so called "artists".

Perspective is one hell of a sight!

(I don't feel like explaining this to the paranormal squads that troll these forums. Get real.)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think it is a bunch of BS. I have known plenty of people who spin tales like this one. It takes a certain kind of person who actually believes what they are saying. But I personally do not believe a word of it.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Dito it sounds fabricated and all the talk about "nazi scumbags" and "Layla" being a future story sounds so crazy, that i wonder if that woman did more coc aine and '___' then Eric Clapton

Oh and Layla was written by Clapton and Jim Gordon. Nobody ever mentioned that woman and "her" lyrics to the song sound so fabricated and off, they're just a joke.
It's crazy what kind of crap get released these days.
Can we be sure that Illuminati News is not a satire site? It does seem so.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Wow, I was always told/thought that this song was in relation to Mr. Clapton having the hots for George Harrison's wife.

(Patty Boyd)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Ummm, I was always under the impression Layla came from a book of Indian poetry...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Ummm, I was always under the impression Layla came from a book of Indian poetry...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Nah, has to do with George Harrison's ex.

Incidentally, Ms. Boyd divorced Mr. Harrison and married Mr. Clapton (Around 79 if I remember right)

Ms. Boyd and Mr Clapton had a fight too, and he wrote another song for her:

"Wonderful Tonight."

I would believe that site, if they had proof. But all I can find are the ladies words, and well, I say she is a liar.

Let's ask Mr Clapton. Maybe he has some of those old notes from her...

EDIT (To add)

Inspired by Clapton's then unrequited love for Pattie Boyd, the wife of his friend and fellow musician George Harrison, "Layla" was unsuccessful on its initial release.[3] The song has since experienced great critical and popular acclaim. It is often hailed as being among the greatest rock songs of all time. Two versions have achieved chart success, first in 1972 and again twenty years later as an acoustic "Unplugged" performance. In 2004, it was ranked #27 on Rolling Stone's list of "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time", and the acoustic version won the 1993 Grammy Award for Best Rock Song.

Wiki

EDIT (To add)
(The other edit)

[edit on 7/17/2010 by adigregorio]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Tears In Heaven, now that's a song that should be analysed on a website like ATS!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Look just because i found this interesting dosent mean im crazy enough to belive it you gave your opinion but dont slag me of for just posting the article, besides do you know anything about the music bizz?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
"my mates were in the band Thin Lizzie"....Thin Lizzie? really? If someone cant even spell Thin Lizzy, one of the biggest hard rock acts of the 70's, right, I dont think you knew anyone in the band, nor is the rest of what you have to say true.

And Layla IS about Harrisons wife at the time. for crying out loud! whats next? God Save The Queen (Sex Pistols) is really about an alien base inside Mt Shasta?

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Totalstranger]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

I have to agree with ya OPer.

That post you are responding to is a bit harsh, given the subject.

I will say, it made for a great read. So it gets an A for entertainment value at least

As for the rest of it, without some evidence all we have are two different stories. And I will go with the original, Mr. Harrison, Mr. Clapton, and Ms. Boyd all agree on it.

Anything is possible, if I see some evidence my stance could change.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
My guess is that she didn't bother to read "mein Kampf" just like Alex Jones with his paranoia Nazi garbage.
Why is all evil immediately Nazi?
Those people who claim something like that are clearly brainwashed.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Ha!

I am just waiting for "them" to switch bad guys, comrade!

EDIT (To add)
Didn't copy all.

They need a bad guy so you will hate WITH them.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

Look just because im dyslexic dosent mean im not a mate of certain bands
We were together as mates in Dublin in the late 60s an early 70ts an i designed a lot of the clubs at the time an done the lighting an backgrounds for a few bands then an later on worked for the BBC doing set design an iv always been in an out of the music scene since then!
PS do you know anything about the music scene in Dublin in the late 60s an early 70s?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hey DC I'm a fellow teckie and have done movie soundtrack work
written preformed and recorded...amoung other things..

Selling ones sole, especially in those days meant becoming a debt slave to a record company or a manger or an idol maker etc...
some musicians like John Fogerty spent years getting out of contracts.

REG... I think the world of you, but AJ in the 10 years I've been listening NEVER mentions NAZIs...he is on about fascist bankers and eugenicists
pretty much all the time, and rightly so...he blames most of Hitler's behavior on the Brits and Yanks, and the bankers who installed him.

There are evil people, and Satan, and debble, worship, anywhere and everywhere where there is wealth, power, and sex... hell one could say churches are devil worship, when the results are things like
residential schools...

alot of it is just wannabees

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

This is bull. I have read the Debra Pitts story before. BTW I am in Poplar Bluff which is in Butler county. Her story is bogus.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Iv got to say iv never heard of this chick Pitts before now, who is she?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
reply to post by Blueracer

Iv got to say iv never heard of this chick Pitts before now, who is she?

Maybe a scorned groupie?

Hell hath no fury like a groupie scorned. Something like that........

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yea got to say she looks a bit on the strait side in the photo of her!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join