It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a 'shift' or 'change' happening in the world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
First, I want to make it clear that I am asking this in ALL sincerity. I have read many threads and posts about a shift or change occuring in the world, either in preparation for/because of 2012 prophecies or becaust humanity is evolving.

Now personally, I always have to express complete wonder at these posts. Personally, I have not seen or experienced ANY sort of change or shift either in the world as a whole, or in my own little world or work, school and family. Sadly, enough, my world is EXACTLY the same or a little worse due to no raises in wages for two years but ever-increasing bills.

So my sincere question to you all is "What is changing or shifting?" I just can't see it. Any help in understanding this would be appreciated very much. I really NEED a change but nothing here.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Nothing changes unless you want it too.

Act on opportunities, and make the change happen. Otherwise, the change aint a commin.

Learn nothing, and then you will know everything. Trust me, learning nothing is harder than it sounds.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AidanK

These sorts of vague predictions of a new age have been floated about since the 60s (at least, the "Age of Aquarius" generation, and when I was old enough to observe it,) but to date, nothing. If you pulled today out of existence and plopped it down next to, say July 16, 1965, you'd note a number of big differences, but most things changed little, if at all. Most people still wake up, Monday through Friday, go to work or school, come home, make dinner, etc, etc, etc.

Short of some sort of technological breakthrough that allowed for a radical departure (consider what a machine that could transmute could do,) or barring an apocalypse, society will continue to change in an evolutionary, rather than revolutionary manner, and the structure of the world when you die won't look significantly different than it did when you were born.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The only change I see is that humanity is progressively getting stupider and stupider,no attention span,mass media brainwashed,dumbed down,ipod stupored,drug numbed,unhealthier,working longer as corporate slaves etc etc Im not one that sees us moving to the next level unless the next level is downward,I am striking more and more non-viable conciousness,sociopaths and psychopaths in business,people of little or no moral character,totally self absorbed,petty,faux,plastic and asset driven.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Meditation and looking silently inside will help. Start in any way which helps you to feel right about the world around you.

It is an awareness.

Not like the paranoid secrutity around a president, but like a Buddha.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Sadly, enough, my world is EXACTLY the same or a little worse due to no raises in wages for two years but ever-increasing bills.

You cannot know from media what is changing in the world, you wont have much idea by walking down the street. The change is happening within the hearts and minds of the people, often it is kept to themselves. One cannot measure this change physically apart from perhaps the global consciousness project.

So my sincere question to you all is "What is changing or shifting?" I just can't see it. Any help in understanding this would be appreciated very much. I really NEED a change but nothing here.

The consciousness of humanity is raising. I know it doesnt look like it, the msn would suggest the opposite is happening, but the exponetially growing numbers of truthseekers in recent years should tell you something.
The change comes from within before eventually manifesting in the outside world. You cannot wait for change to come and help you, ya have to bring it on yourself if you want that change in your own life.
The "out there" world, which really isnt important, is in fact starting to change but it will be small changes on the community level that wont make the news. The big world changing events will follow the mass inner changes.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Nothing changes unless you want it too.

Act on opportunities, and make the change happen. Otherwise, the change aint a commin.

I have had people say this to me before - 'you have to WANT change for it happen'. To this I say bologna!! Does anyone really think that I want to stay in a dead-end job with a median, static wage, barely able to get by, saving nothing for the future?

Nobody wants change more than I do but it just isn't happening, no matter what I WANT.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AidanK

Hang on a sec, what kind of change are you expecting? money to pay bills?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

The consciousness of humanity is raising.

Really Im increasingly coming across the lights are on but no-ones home people,as for our education system I constantly strike young shop assistants etc for whom A to Z and 1 to 10 presents great difficulties,what proof other than new age dogma do you have that our mass media,consumer advertising mind numbed masses are about to become enlightened?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Is a shift happening in the world? Yes.

For centuries we have been living with our minds. The time has come for the heart to rule over all.

Say goodbye to everything you thought you knew.

Within the coming month, increasing as the days go by, we will all start to experience the presence of something higher than ourselves, within ourselves.

It is highly suggested for everyone to familiarize themselves with Kabbalah, the science of God, as soon as possible.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
If you are up to global events, change happens all the time.
For example, not many know Australia has a new Prime Minister.
She was installed by a very obscure political maneuver that is like a bloodless coup. Probably few in the states have heard it, but it's a huge thing down under. Suddenly, the Prime Minister you voted for isn't there when you wake up in the morning. His deputy (vice President to us) is now in charge.

Can you imagine waking up to that news?

change happens all the time. Sometimes, the change happens in the US, other times its quiet on the home front but worse elsewhere.
You think only America has suffered a global downturn?
did anyone here care when the Asian financial crisis hit in the 90's or were we all just obsessed with the Spice Girls and Monica Lewinsky back then?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Really Im increasingly coming across the lights are on but no-ones home people,as for our education system I constantly strike young shop assistants etc for whom A to Z and 1 to 10 presents great difficulties

Platos cave. www.youtube.com...

what proof other than new age dogma do you have that our mass media,consumer advertising mind numbed masses are about to become enlightened?

You cant prove the future.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I would say that it depend on your outlook on life. If you stay positive, optimistic, then you'll see change around the world. Everything isn't perfect, but you'll see people are starting to "wake up" and care about the environnement, their community and life.

But if you are a pessimist, then all you'll see are the bad things. The conspiracies, the NWO. You know, doom and gloom and fear.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Life is all about change. I like the philosophy that the "world" is created new each instant, since "now" is all there is.

I know in my own life I have always felt some sense of evolution, My life and my perception of it has changed dramatically over time.

Do I believe in some mass social awareness conciousness awakening. Not really. Like the OP, I just don't see it in the people I come across daily. Some are cool some are asses, same as always.

I do believe that many people are starting to see glimpses behind the curtain of the "system", due to the vast amount of info on the internet. And I hope this will continue to snowball to some sort of mass awareness to the loads of manipulation we are confronted with on a continual basis.

Hey, have you seen the new Twilight?

[edit on 17-7-2010 by 5MaveN5]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AidanK

Well,you are indeed correct in your assumptions.

There is NOTHING taking place in the world that has not transpired in the last 12000+ years in one way or the other.

Empires crumble,civilizations cease to exist even religions die out.

There is NOTHING any different now.

There is no "group consciousness" taking place.

There is NO enlightenment.

To the contrary people are becoming increasingly STUPID.

It is the same old,same old as usual.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
What kind or type of change are you talking about? Right now there are more changes happening than any other time in recorded history.
Changes in technology
Changes in physiology
Changes in philosophy
Changes in religion
Changes in politics
Changes in environment
Changes in time
Changes in reality
Changes in space.

Take your pick. They are all happening at once. Some are causing others to changes. Some are happening on top of others.
Changes are coming so fast and furious it is hard to tell where one stops and another one starts.
So back to your question, the answer is YES.
The next question is can we survive all the changes and if we do will we be sane afterwards.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Changes are always happening; we weren't the same people we were 20 years ago, 5 years ago, 5 months ago, 5 days ago. And we will keep changing!

I personally see more and more people becoming aware of the fact that we are manipulated and controlled to some degree by TPTB; people want the change, but don't know how to do it. They thought Obama would give that change... but so far he hasn't.

2012 election is gonna be a fun time...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AidanK
Is a 'shift' or 'change' happening in the world?

have you tried adding more fiber to your diet?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I can only speak for myself. I went from hardcore atheist to a believer in Christ in a day's time because I received personal evidence that He was a very special man. God is real and God is love, I merely had to seek Him out to find Him. I didn't know whether I would get any answer in my attempt to pray or not, because I've been an atheist since I was a teenager.

I never even expected to ever turn to religion since I thought it was a load of bunk, especially Christianity. So I had my materialist, scientific worldview shattered. I still like science, but it's not the authority of what is real and what isn't. I'm still trying not to be a skeptic for many things. I think this is the time when God is reaching out to everyone He can, because all I had to do to reach Him was seek Him. No meditation, no nothing, just trying to find and contemplate God, and I felt unconditional love. If there is a curtain to see through, I've seen through it.

I also used to think conspiracy theories were crazy. Now I see some of them have a true basis, considering how world politics is going.

Most of the things I used to hold dear have changed. A shift has occurred in my life, if not anybody else's.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
the changes you are overlooking would be evident to a time traveler...

every set and subset of daily living is running headlong into chaos,
from America's politicians, the waging of 3 fronts of conflicts, the corrupt WallStreet~FederalReserve control of the National Treasury & economic policies... etc etc

it may be that we have become innured to the fact of deteoriation of the systems that direct our lives, some 8-12 million unemployed are the result of corporate fascism, the banksters become oligarchs as trillions in property (very quietly) become bailed-out banks 'assets'---with which the banks buy-issue-trade more newly created derivatives which the taxpayers will guarantee against any losses to the bankster elites.

the change is so pervasive, we tend to overlook it...until we collectively reach a "breaking-point" -- which in turn marks the historical Paradigm Shift you seek

top topics

<<   2 >>

join