It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I thought this movie was great. Great acting and some really cool scenes. It wasn't too accurate as far as dreaming goes (and that's fine), but maybe it will get more people interested in lucid dreaming. There isn't time dilation in dreams, there is the illusion of such. There is no dream within a dream, again only the illusion of such via false awakenings. And if it were possible to enter "limbo" from dying in a dream while on sedative, people would come out of surgery crazy for no reason.

I thought it was neat symbolism how there were 3 levels of depth, and then the fourth was limbo. Sort of reminds me of 3d and 4d reality and how people talk about it.

There is no way anybody would die in those dreams if they were lucid! The businessman who gets shot early on, I loved him as an actor, if he were aware it was a dream he would not have been "hurt." So what if you get shot in a lucid dream, so what if you get shot a million times, it only hurts you if you believe it will! There are lucid dreamers out there who have cut themselves in half while lucid, etc.!

I really loved it though, and don't want to spoil it. I don't think it was accurate as far as dreaming is concerned, but a brilliant use of dreaming to "layer" a story. No harm done however, once people who get interested by this start lucid dreaming, they'll have their own facts to go on.

It would have been priceless if they paid homage to lucid dreaming, and on one scene nobody's gun worked and no matter how hard they tried they couldn't pull the trigger, etc.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I saw it today and highly recommend this movie.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I haven't done lucid dreaming very often, but when I last did, I was flying, and smacked into a tree...

Luckily, it doesn't appear to be true about the hurt in such a dream manifesting in real life (or I'd have broken something)....

I am looking forward to this movie though....

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Literally just got back from watching this at the cinema. There were some great scenes, and the story had my mind scrambled, but boy did it make me think!
The actors were all great, I just have some complaints about the hollywood style nature of the combat scenes etc, but I enjoyed it as much as I did the Matrix!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
this movie was amazing i loved the whole twist and had a lot of imagination loved to watch it and was dissapointed i wouldnt find another good movie like it

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Sorry to bring back an old topic but I just saw this movie for the first time. I loved it and it is definitely the most imaginative movie I have seen in a very long time. It was clear that their idea of dreams is nothing like actual dreams (or any I've ever had) but I was able to get past that and enjoy this film for it's story-telling and imagination. I highly recommend it.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I enjoyed it, a bit predictable for a mind-bender movie, but still entertaining, and beautifully crafted. Leo still looks like a kid to me though...but he does a decent enough job in this.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Seems im the only one but I thought this movie sucked. It was a waste of money. Dont really understand why people like it. I thought it would make sense in the end, wrong. Maybe im missing something, I dont know.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by starseed33
Seems im the only one but I thought this movie sucked. It was a waste of money. Dont really understand why people like it. I thought it would make sense in the end, wrong. Maybe im missing something, I dont know.

I didn't dislike it as much as you, but I thought it was severely over-rated.

I was hoping for cooler, more surreal dream-like environments and the only one that came close was the fortress-like compound at the end. I didn't think it was a mind screw at all, it was fairly straightforward. An imaginative plot, sure, but if you can follow a premise you can get everything about this movie.

I thought almost all of the characters were underdeveloped and uninteresting. I thought there was at least one major plothole in the film's logic. I thought it was way more about standard action than about cool ideas. There's nothing wrong with action, but it shouldn't have been the focus of a movie like this.

I thought none of the action scenes had any oomph because they were always fighting against imaginary figures. I thought for all the scared talk of "limbo" it was incredibly easy to get out of.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I loved it! I thought Leo DiCaprio (spelling) and Joseph Gorden Levit were great and acting was spot on.. just amazing !

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I thought it was really good.. although it was pretty obvious how it was going to end once they started talking about limbo.

As for the accuracy though, I would have thought the idea of creating & invading someone's dream with something that looked like an oversized tape placed in a suitcase was more questionable than merely waking up if you were killed in the dream..

top topics

join