It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who knew Blowing bubbles could get you arrested?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Why did the lady cop not put her sun glasses on? why did the big black cop not just take the bubble mixture off of the girl? if it had been a pointy stick he would have, I think the big black cop needed to make sure he had his quota in for that week.
And so cops wonder why some of the population does not like them all that much, still there might be more to that incident, will we ever know?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NineEleven11

You're all talk. Not everybody hates the police. And you wouldn't have called him a pansey because you wouldn't have had the courage, or been able to back it up. SInce you hate the police, next time you're about to become a victim, and you strike me as a professional victim, call your sister, don't call the cops.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Stuff like this makes me wish I had super powers. I'd show up and just start mauling cops left and right. Somebody needs to put these fascist pieces of garbage in their place, and that place is underground.

I felt bad for the female officer. It appeared she was actually having a friendly interaction with the bubble blower, as if she was having fun watching her blow bubbles. Then Samuel L Jackson started flipping a tit about it and it looked like she was going to die of embarrassment.

"I've had it with these Mother Effin bubbles at this Mother Effin protest!"

I wish I had super powers too. This is what would happen to that snot nosed little girl

exchange the words for bubbles..
Blow those bubbles at me one more time!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Genesis322

Good one. I remembered that scene too when I read the superpowers related post.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
While I am certainly no fan of police (even tho my dad is a retired cop), something else must have went on.

Yes Officer Bubbles was a complete summery fresh douche bag. He told her to put the bubbles away, she complied. She repeatedly stated she was putting them away. Officer Itchy Rash just wanted to play the big bad baws man.

So obviously something happened afterwards. My guess is the girl was doing something else, that pissed some other cop off, and officer Bubbles just came over to tell officer #2 that the girl was a trouble maker or something. Was she? I don't know... I wasn't there.

Last time I checked, blowing bubbles wasn't a crime. The whole argument of "she was blowing them in the cops face" is silly. In the once scene she gently blew them in a downward angle. She wasn't huffing and puffing soap bubbles into their faces. Officer Cranky Pants just wanted to be the big bad authority. Even the female officer had a look of disbelief.

Bubble soap... lol. So, can an officer be arrested when they shoot tear gas into a crowd? I'm sure that there are innocent people in there, who's vision and respiratory system are adversely affected by the tear gas. Can that be considered assault?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In canada the gov boys already have confiscated most of our weapons...(the gun laws keep making it more and more expensive and complicated to own them as well.....)
The cops here havent much fear of getting back what they hand out and they push their authority to the limit...and beyond.
The RCMP are the very worst offenders....
The city cops usually much more tolerant and laid back....
Aparently this has changed for the worse and it may be that they are at parr for being the pieces of bully sh&t that they are....
When we begin to resist in earnest perhaps theyll enjoy eating some of the peoples IEDs.....they cant even begin to disarm us in that respect when the average kitchen contains enough high octane to take out a neighbourhood.
Their only hope is to make enough snitches before that goes down...
lets face it, they got the guns, but we have the numbers....
Nobody has even come close to seriously resisting these goons yet, but the more they push, the sooner and harder the people are gonna push back....
All you cop lovers need a wakeup.....they DONT give a CRAP for ANY civilian, not even you.!Their bread and butter is oppressing you!
All for corporate profit and power.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
She was annoying. Aggravating cops isnt part of peaceful protesting and she gives the real peaceful protesters a bad name. She should grow up. Im sorry but I don't blame the cop I can totally relate to how he must have felt.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeofthetiger

Annoying someone is not grounds for an arrest. Well.. then again.. its Canada. I don't know Canadian laws.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You know it might be a chicken # arrest but after seeing the officer tell her she was going to be arrested ,after seeing the officer ask her to quit blowing bubbles(which has soap or detergent in it) anfter seeing the officer ask her to quit BAITING them ,After seeing the officer ask several times to quit .I would have arrested her stupid ass too.I probably would have held her down and poured the soapy water in her eyes to show her why they didnt want bubbles blown in their face....but thats just me

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by StumpDrummer

You're right. It's just you.

She did put the soap away, dude. More importantly, she TOLD him she was putting the soap away.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Kind of on the fence about this one. He is in the right to make her stop blowing bubbles because of said reason. No matter how minor an incident seems at the time, anything could escalate into something bigger very quickly. It doesnt look like much could escalate from this scene though IMHO with the amount of force the cops had. I also agree that the male officer handled this very unproffesionally, It should have been a most peaceful approach as possible, not as to look like the aggressor, but though as the defender. Being polite, kind, and firm yet soft spoken in this line of work is for sure the way to go. Ask her once if she "could please put the bubbles away, or I'll have to confiscate them, thank you" then explain why if she asks. You need to use your instinct, not fear to control the situation. And never interject your own opinion about things, especially with sarcasm. "MY heart bleeds for you." HA! what a bozo

This guy probably cries himself to sleep every night like a baby, then wakes up in the morning to look at himself in the mirror to boost his ego and tell himself how tought he is before he walks out the door for work. Trust me, there are good cops out there, but theyre like cowboys man......
A dyin breed!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Also we never got to see the moments before the arrest. Hard to say what happened, she might not have gotten arrested for the bubbles at all?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Based solely on the video in the OP, it looked to me like she was baiting them then trying to play all innocent...not nice. If I was the cop I would have done the same thing. What happened in the gap? Knowing That might have changed my opinion, but probably not.

So, lets be clear about something. If someone started to blow bubbles about five feet from you on the street (while the two of you were just standing there) your most likely response would be "Stop blowing bubbles or I'll have you arrested for assault!".

Or is it just putting on of a police uniform that would turn you into a Nazi SS? Because that is what I think it is. Just because you have a police uniform on it gives you permission to terrorize people and be a generally miserable person to others? Well I hope to god you are not a police officer either way.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
When I was in the 5th grade once I was in the back of a pickup truck with my brother and a friend whose mother was driving. We had some silly string we were spraying each other with. We passed by a guy jogging so we thought it would be funny to spray him...and it was. Until we stopped at the light and he ran up yelling at us that he was a cop and he was going to arrest us for assault. At that point my friends mother got out of the car and basically ripped the guy a new one and then we left. I still find the whole thing hilarious...assault with silly string!!!

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Pimpish]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yup, thats right folks.
Arrested for blowing bubbles...
Like many people said. Angry guy with a badge. It was clear he was not happy.
Look at the other cops face as soon he begun to speak...
She her self was shocked with his interference.
The female, actually smiled genuinely when she asked the girl her name and she said it was a mystery.
See what I don't get is, that now, they have only made things worse for the future demonstrations...
The media has done a good job of making the protesters look like they were all black bloc.
I WAS THERE. The people there had a deliberate message and now no one heard it because of both the violent actions but also the EXTREMELY SEVERE FORCE we saw put on our citizens BY OUR OWN citizens.
When I saw them close in on the people at queens park, (I had just got home from the protest as i headed out when they said they were closing the highways) I was half way through a bottle of rum and was on the edge of going out and breaking a few windows my self.
It's clear if you live in Canada, Specially ontario, that our politicians ARE USELESS Sell outs...
Hell even the CSIS director said two MP's are being influenced by forgein govt...And then the media twisted it into, Hes a bad guy for just releasing information like that.
I have a feeling these things are going to get too big soon.
Like everyone says. PEOPLE ARE WAKING THE F UP!
Whats going to happen when there are double the amount of people in the streets?
I will tell you what, violent interactions.
Dead Cops. Dead Protesters. Dead city pride.
I have my own thread regarding this, the windows are replaceable. Politicians are replaceable.
MY FREEDOM IS NOT.

Broken bank window $7,000
4 police cruisers burnt to a crisp $150,000
Paying about 19,000 security personal and
Securing a whole city $1 000 000 000
Watching people stand up for freedom in the face of potential danger while showing the world leaders WE DO GIVE AN F!
PRICELESS.

They will think twice before that party comes to town again...If we aren't in shackles by then.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Well, I know I won't get this comment starred, but...

She was blowing the bubbles right in their face. This is goofy, silly, dumb...

What would be the protest?... "I have the right to blow bubbles wherever I want"

This was antagonizing, purely for the sake of being antagonistic.

Whether or not it's right to arrest for bubble blowing LOL...it still
reminds me of childhood...when you've got your finger close to your
siblings eye, and your mom intervenes...."I'm not touching--I'm not touching"

ridiculous....

Yeah. Why be antagonistic toward someone with a gun?

It's all about respect and fear. If people don't respect or fear the police, then there will be a lot more confrontation. It'll make their job that much harder and more dangerous.

People say they were just bubbles. Where does it stop? Are squirt guns OK? Spitballs? "boogers"?

If I were a cop, I wouldn't want anything thrown/shot(however you'd describe launching a bubble) at me. Heck, I'd be upset if I was walking down the street and someone started blowing bubbles right in my face.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Yes, I'm glad to here this, there is a terrible case that is bringing forth a public enquirey at the insistance of the Niagra area NDP representative where a man had his artifical leg ripped off for peacefully sitting where he was allowed to and then falsely confined for a couple days in a makeshift prison in a warehouse, not charged with a thing.

This G20 was outrageous, a flagrant NWO card played openly in Canada and I even doubt that the police were our Rcmp, but most likely theirs.

I wil be joining you, and you should mention the other one, I will find the link, in your letter.

edit to add:

here it is!

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Nope its not in Canada.
This is an unheard of reaction in our country.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I have to be on the side of the cop with this one. He even told her at one point, "Look, I do respect you, but..." and then warned her. He was not yelling, he was not make abusive threats. He also asked why she was baiting them.
The officer handled himself in that situation quite well, from my perspective. The civilian had a look of disgust on her face when the cam panned back to her, which leads me to believe that she continued on with the bubbles or something else, because she was looking to be a martyr. In the end, look as she makes a huge public display of herself being arrested, to the cheers of the crowd. So, she got her martyrdom and became one of the famous lot arrested for "peacefully protesting".

I see all too often posted and videos about how the cops have undercover bait thugs in the crowds to incite riotous acts so that they jackboots can swoop in and take them down. However, in this case, it looks like she was the one itching for a faceoff.

I will never side with anyone in authority outright abusing their power, but I will side with this officer and his actions in this short clip.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
after 4 pages and looking at the title of the OP for a few days now I just have to say...

Bubbles called and said that he didn't want to press charges.

There, I got that out of my system finally.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join