It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who knew Blowing bubbles could get you arrested?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Only one time did the vid show her blowing bubbles and she blew them downwards (look at the vid). I seriously doubt if one little tiny bit of soap landed on either officer.

BTW - how nice that a big guy such as yourself tries not to resort to violence

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It's lucky that she is Cannada, If she were here in the US, she would has been bitch-slapped, handcuffed and bitch-slapped some more and taken into custody, then harrassed furthermore.
guys feel me ?!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
you will not regret watching this !

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by la vie

As you said, I don't regret watching that at all. Not that we actually see it in the video, but it does make me feel pretty sure that the girl blowing bubbles probably wasn't being a crazy. Seemed more to me the cops were trying to provoke. It didnt strike me that the masses were a mad charging raving out of control group. I have a feeling that would have gone wayyyyy differently in America. That would have become a out of control crowd after those actions taken by the police. A shame any of it had to happen really in the big picture of things.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Well, considering this was the G-20 Summit, and tensions were already running high, due to the politicians and bastards trying to literally ensure our world dies in a tailspin of despair, would it not stand to reason that the climate of those outside would be ramped up tightly?

I am in no way saying I agree with Officer Bubbles, at least not if I were a Canadian Police Officer, but the act of blowing bubbles does not just blow a bubble, it creates an active moving device, the bubble, which can and will freely float into contact with anyone and incite an action.

Who knows what the bubbles contain, it might just be soapy water, it could be pepper spray meant to induce harm through blinding the Officer's.

Peaceful protesting aside, the over all message is that violence, is not called for.

And a few videos come to mind regarding the blowing of bubbles.

The Lawrence Welk Show

Don Ho! Tiki Bars, Tiny Bubbles, Tourists, & his Philosophy

Who know what orders they were given the day of the event prior to the Bubble Incident, or what had gone on prior to that particular video clip?

For all we know she might have very well been someone provoking Law Enforcement.

All I am saying, really, is that this is taken out of context, for both sides.

Considering a riot eventually broke out maybe the Officer saw her as a potential victim in the making, being in the middle of a warzone, because he knew the likelihood of violence breaking out due to the nature of the event.

Anything, and I mean anything, can provoke and incite a violent riot.

Even the act of blowing bubbles.

A scene of tension only needs but one action to push it into the brink of chaos.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The blowing of the soap bubbles was a futile attempt to wash away the stench of corporate fascism from the public servants at hand.
Peeing on a forest fire, if you will.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Beastiality is illegal.
Why you would molest michael jacksons chimp is bizzarre.

oh wait... you mean those bubbles. ohhhhh. yeah that's lame.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Look the cop was acting like a tool and was obviously in a bad mood to begin with. The female officer next to him seemed much more relaxed and willing to sit back and take a passive approach. But come on, having bubbles blown into your face is kind of annoying! It's not assault or worthy of an arrest imo, but yeah it is kind of irritating.

Was she actually arrested for that? Why is it not the same officer if that is the case? She was probably caught doing something else that conveniently didn't make it on camera.

I know a lot of people on here believe the police at these events are largely looking to create trouble and hardship for protesters to make them look bad. When you think about it though, wouldn't most of them just want to get the job done with as little friction and delay as possible? I'd rather get paid X dollars an hour using as little effort as is needed to perform the job.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Let's see how bad those cops think they are when the citizens they're intimidating are just as armed and vested as them.

The protesters should hire a security force to stand nose to nose with the government-hired ones.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by againuntodust]

edit2: When he threatened her for assault, since she was getting arrested anyway, it would have been funny to see her say "Assault? Blowing bubbles isn't assault." Then crack him in the jaw with a left hook. "That's assault, numb nuts".

I'm usually not so frisky, but watching that cop just really annoyed me. lol... sorry..

[edit on 17-7-2010 by againuntodust]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Stuff like this makes me wish I had super powers. I'd show up and just start mauling cops left and right. Somebody needs to put these fascist pieces of garbage in their place, and that place is underground.

I felt bad for the female officer. It appeared she was actually having a friendly interaction with the bubble blower, as if she was having fun watching her blow bubbles. Then Samuel L Jackson started flipping a tit about it and it looked like she was going to die of embarrassment.

"I've had it with these Mother Effin bubbles at this Mother Effin protest!"

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
A cartoon called Officer Bubbles is just out:

Officer Bubbles

Meanwhile, it's BYOB at Queen's Park in Toronto today — that is, bring your own bubbles.

A few hundred protesters are expected to blow bubbles en masse at noon to show support for a public inquiry into police actions during the G20.

P.S. Before this tough guy's Facebook page was taken down, he listed his occupation as Human Garbage Collector.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Gamma MO]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
In his defence I wouldv'e been a bit POed if she was blowing bubbles in my face. You could tell at the beginning of the video that girl was just being annoying blowing bubbles in the policewomens face, plus we don't know what happened before and inbetween the conversation...

Yeah the male cop went waaaaaay OTT but if you watched the longer video you would see that the protesters set police cars on fire and started throwing bricks through windows, so I could imagine some police officers being on edge.

Im not condoning him arresting the girl though, he could've just moved her along if it was annoying him, and arresting her was absolutly ridiculous... so... just saying. I don't condone anything they do to the protesters, but you gotta realise that some of the protesters get violent, and some of the police officers are just trying to their job, but obviously that's not the case for all of them...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
You know, it occurs to me, we're far too polite towards police officers.

As long as they behave, fine. But in this case, in my opinion, she should've, a) put the soap away, b) told him to shut the f*** up, and c) turned her back on the a** and walked away. There is no need to be polite towards an a**hole, cop or no.

More importantly, the fact we ARE polite towards them, the fact we somehow still respect them when they behave like Gestapo officers, only encourages them to behave like that.

Respect the officers that earn your respect, not the ones who try to gain it by bullying you.

Edit to add:

The guy who told the prick off should get a medal. He's a model for all citizens of any country worth its freedom.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am always so disappointed when some guy really looks the part of a tough cop you really don't want to mess with.

Then he opens his mouth and proves just how stupid he is.

He would be a lot more intimidating if he had just smiled and said something like, "I really hope you are enjoying this as much as I am?"

I am not very large in statue but have used such things to send even larger "bad a@#^&s" walking away, not knowing if they wanted to get something started or not. The strongest intimidator is the open ended question.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
Officer Chip Onhishoulder needs to chill the hell out.

By all reports that make it out of the G20 protests you've got anarchists with molotov cocktails running around so I think he can spare his stern facade for a minute to politely express his concern for his partner getting a bit of dishsoap in the eye.

Most cops get pepper-sprayed as a part of training so I think she could handle it anyway.

Originally posted by Arkady
lol too absurd for words. Somebody should have gone and got one of those giant bubble making wands.
That would qualify as a weapon of mass-destruction sir.

[edit on 7/16/2010 by eNumbra]

Right so you're a cop working the G20 with the aspect of potential Molotov cocktails being tossed at you and being pepper sprayed.

How high is your anxiety?
Some snot nose little girl walks up to about 2 feet from you and a fellow officer and blows bubbles in your face.

Wouldn’t you think WTF?
I’m doing my job here that has some very incendiary situations and this little biatch wants to blow bubbles in my face?

He gave her warnings and explained that it was assault.

Ok so let’s just put all this aside and strip things down to the basic level.

Human beings are doing a job that is dangerous. Their job is to protect people and property.
At any second a somewhat docile crowd could explode to an extremely violent mob and choas could ensue. People and property could/will be in direct threat of harm.

Another human being commits a direct act that they have to know is going to irritate another human being.

The human being that is having the act orchestrated upon them asks the other human being to stop.

As one human being to another, shouldn’t the perpetrator of the act stop?
As human beings should the act never have happened?
What sort of mental state/process does a human being have that will purposefully orchestrate an act upon other human beings that they know will cause the other human being distress?

It’s all justified because the human being involved is wearing a Police Officer’s uniform?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
...and yet the police still wonder why everyone hates them.

The video is an obvious display of power getting to someones head.

It's official now... mostly pansys become cops so they can hold a gun and tell people what to do for the first time in their pathetic lives.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by NineEleven11]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The cop was rude and the girl should grow up.
Wtf was she trying to achieve anyway?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

If the young girl had really wanted to "win" in such a situation she would have simply backed up a few paces and contiued to blow her bubbles.

If a few stray bubbles had hit this a@@ hole, he would have had to break ranks to carry out his threats. She could then have simply sat down, forcing him to use more force and possibly loosing his temper.

If this didn't work, turning her back and blowing a few bubbles back over her shoulder could have done wonders to provok a responce.

There are all kinds of ways to deal with these guys.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by hdutton]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NineEleven11
...and yet the police still wonder why everyone hates them.

The video is an obvious display of power getting to someones head.

It's official now... mostly pansys become cops so they can hold a gun and tell people what to do for the first time in their pathetic lives.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by NineEleven11]

What, you see one case of a police officer arresting someone for blowing bubbles in their face, and you assume every poilce officer is a pansy...

This is a ridiculous thing to say. Police officers deal with a lot, especially on days of protest, where things can get violent and you're kinda on edge. Id say most pansys avoid becoming cops, because of how much they deal with, and I could guarantee you wouldn't call a cop a pansy to their face.

And if you did, maybe they'd arrest you, for verbal assualt or something.... who knows

[edit on 19 17uSaturday10 20 by vanhippi]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

If I were the cop, I would have done the same thing. He's not the bad guy, the girl was being an idiot. It's about the same thing as spitting on him, and he did warn her.
If you're there to protest the G20, then protest the G20. Don't smash store windows, loot and spit on cops.
Suppost your neighbor is protesting you just off your property line because he doesn't think you're green enough. You're planting a tree, or doing whatever it is that you do, and your idiot neighbor is sitting there blowing bubbles on you.
If you're a man, you warn him, and if he doesn't stop, you punch him in the snot locker. Otherwise, he'll be back the next day with spit balls attempting to spray paint your dog because he's wearing fur.
If you're a cop, and some idiot who doesn't even know what the G20 is, stands there blowing bubbles in your face over and over, you'd arrest her too, provided you weren't afraid of your own shadow. I'm more leary of the government than most, but that guy's just a cop, and that doesn't mean he's required to take a bunch of crap of dumb-asses.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by astrogolf]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join