It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: A 2nd Christmas Attack, In NYC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Exclusive: A 2nd Christmas Attack, In NYC?

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com

The failed bombing attempt over Detroit on Christmas Day may not have been the only attack that extremists planned for the 2009 holiday, with intelligence from overseas three weeks earlier indicating that a plot targeting New York City on the same day may have been in the works, according to an FBI report obtained by Fox News.

"The final target of the attack was not known, but extremist members had allegedly discussed restaurants and night clubs located in New York City," the FBI's assistant legal attache in London wrote in a threat report dated Dec. 4, 2009. "The extremists allegedly d
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I know this is FOX News reporting this but I find it could be credible, at least in part. I do however have a couple questions. The first being the method of smuggling the explosive parts. The report says that the explosive parts would be smuggled in a shipment of Kat, but isn't Kat illegal and therefore not the smartest method of shipment into a country? Also, if they were planning to hit a restaurant or night-club, then Christmas day wouldn't be the smartest day to pull off such an attack (which maybe the reason why it wasn't carried out), seeing how Christians wouldn't go to a night club on this particular holiday and some don't eat out, with the exception of maybe vacationers.

Could this be just another way to scare the public, but if so why not release the information right away? Could this be legit, a real bonified attack planned but never carried out, yet?

--airspoon

[edit on 16-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

I know this is FOX News reporting this but I find it could be credible, at least in part. I do however have a couple questions. The first being the method of smuggling the explosive parts. The report says that the explosive parts would be smuggled in a shipment of Kat, but isn't Kat illegal and therefore not the smartest method of shipment into a country? Also, if they were planning to hit a restaurant or night-club, then Christmas day wouldn't be the smartest day to pull off such an attack (which maybe the reason why it wasn't carried out), seeing how Christians wouldn't go to a night club on this particular holiday and some don't eat out, with the exception of maybe vacationers.

Could this be just another way to scare the public, but if so why not release the information right away? Could this be legit, a real bonified attack planned but never carried out, yet?

--airspoon

[edit on 16-7-2010 by airspoon]

You are absolutely right Christians don't go out to clubs or restaurants on Christmas but Jewish people and other non-christians typically do.....I believe they would be their target for that. Makes perfect sense, attack planes carrying Christians and others traveling for the holidays and attack restaurants and clubs to hit the Jewish community

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think it is more fear mongering to be honest.

New York is the media hub, so perhaps the MSM is doing this out of self-preservation.

There are bad people everywhere. We should stop focusing on the middle-east and clean up the messaging that is raising our own citizens.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Moriarty

Jewish people don't go out to night-clubs on Christmas either. Chanukkah, which often over-laps with Christmas is a Jewish minor holiday, made into a major holiday. In fact, many Jewish families celebrate sort of a Jewish Christmas as to not have their children left out of the festivities. Also, due to the overwhelming numbers of Christians here in the US and conformity to their beliefs, most nightclubs/businesses are closed and going out on that day is not very popularity.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Except in 2009 Channukah began at sundown on December 11 and was over before Christmas.

And due to diversity (and a predilection for eating out rather than cooking at home), many New York restaurants are open on Christmas. It's a traditional ethnic joke with a certain amount of truth to it that on Christmas all Jews eat Chinese.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I guess you missed my point. The point being that Christmas would not be the best time to strike a nightclub or restaurant, due to the American tradition of Christmas, irregardless of one's religious preference.

I tended to focus my argument more on the nightclub aspect, only because I realized that in NYC, downtown and maybe Great Neck or somewhere on Long Island in the Jewish strong-hold (could you consider the whole city to be a Jewish strong-hold? LOL), the restaurants are packed on Christmas day and not just the Chinese restaurants. Most Jews that I know here in the metro NYC area, tend to stay home on Christmas day, unless we are willing to go to Manhattan where most places tend to stay open.

Channukah is actually an 8 day observance, and in '09, it started on the 12th and lasted until the 19th but due to the Jewish calendar, we actually observe these holidays to start just after sunset of the previous day.

Also, I wasn't trying to argue that "Channukah '09" overlapped Christmas, only that it often does, so businesses don't tend to cater to Jews, by staying open during the Christmas season.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join