It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate UFO Sighting Comm Tool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
IMHO, TXT messages are the ultimate, universal, most widely used form of push communication. Whether its from this website, or there's already one out there, there needs to be a place to sign up, where all you do is put in your zip/location and phone #, and you get sent a txt message when there's a ufo in you're area and where it is. You should also be able to specify in you account settings what time of the day you would allow this community to txt you. Of course everyone who signs up also has the ability to txt a certain # if they see a ufo. This central # contacts one or a couple people who work for the organization in the area to verify(to avoid spam), once verified, a mass txt is sent out ASAP.

What will this do?

Well, with so many people having phones, and txts messages working very fast (many phones don't work as well w/email, twitter etc..) and alerting very well, this will get many witnesses for many ufo sightings. And more often than not, there will be multiple video recording of the same specific ufo.

BTW, if something like this already exists, please let me know, would love to join. Think i covered everything, it's pretty simple.

Oh and for more advanced settings, maybe you could specify the size of a ufo you were interested in like greater than # ft wide or something, and what type/kind/conditions it had like color, shape, blinking etc...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Afishl1]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
What a brilliant idea. In all honesty, it isn't that complicated of a service to set up for someone who is generating a decent amount of revenue from a website like this or another related domain. I'm sure there are many phone companies that would offer the service. I truly think this site would be great for that. Think of the jump of hits ATS would get?! All the UFO watchers that don't visit here would jump over here!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Another thing I just thought of, tho i think it may be illegal, would be for any of those people who could see the UFO, it would be awesome if at night time they could shine (if they had one) a green laser near or around the UFO. I would definitely not suggest shining it right at it tho

This may also help others see it, and people who are not even in the network.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Btw, if you really think this is a good idea, this is going to anyone who reads this, you should really flag this and tell anyone you know on here.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Yeah, the laser idea mate, that's not so bright... Hahahaha.
Do keep in mind though, services like that cost money. It would have to be provided at the discretion of its usefulness. Would require a very large amount of people to get that going.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It could easily be started for lil to no $ in a forum such as this, where people (who have unlimited txts) claim certain areas, and users PM them their info. Although this would take a lot of trust, but maybe those volunteers could get background checks or something.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SinsMayburn
Yeah, the laser idea mate, that's not so bright... Hahahaha.
Do keep in mind though, services like that cost money. It would have to be provided at the discretion of its usefulness. Would require a very large amount of people to get that going.

I saw on some website a guy doing that, and the ufo actually shined flashes of light back at him lol

Here it is actually:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
You don't think it could be a iridium flare?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Great idea. Kinda like Facebook updates.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Afishl1

Afishl1.....

The problem is.....

Could you imagine some of the BS that would get messaged through?

I can just imagine all these hordes of idiots that would end up rampaging around the neighbourhood, chasing UFO's in their hotted up cars, eating pizza's, drinking beer, pick up chicks on the way......

Hang on.....

That sounds awesome.....

Where do I join up!!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Afishl1

Afishl1.....

The problem is.....

Could you imagine some of the BS that would get messaged through?

I can just imagine all these hordes of idiots that would end up rampaging around the neighbourhood, chasing UFO's in their hotted up cars, eating pizza's, drinking beer, pick up chicks on the way......

Hang on.....

That sounds awesome.....

Where do I join up!!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

Yeah, in terms of the BS getting messaged through, that's why there would have to be volunteers that would verify that it is actually something worth looking at. Then the txt message would be sent out in a standard format w/small description of the object.

new topics

top topics

join