It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEEP BOA C showing pressure in valve .....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
At the moment Submersible Deep Boa C is showing over 1300 psi on the well valves just installed , hopefully this is good news , At the momet the rov is cleaning the pressure guages with a rag,,,I kid you not , a spot of spring cleaning it seems

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What? no reply to the good news in hours , Oh well just shows a lot of folk on here probably upset the leak has been stopped ,go figure

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I could have sworn when adm Thad Allen held te press conference yesterday that he said that they wanted no less than 6000psi and anything lower than that was not good. I wish I knew how to embed the video

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
What? no reply to the good news in hours , Oh well just shows a lot of folk on here probably upset the leak has been stopped ,go figure

Well, I am not 100% sure what the pressures actually mean and what they are suppose to be, thats why I didnt reply, but I thought it was suppose to be a lot higher, which is bad, so I dont know why your saying this is "good news", because low pressure means there other leaks. If anyone more educated about this can tell us what going on, please post...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
nope the pressure is correct across the valves as far as I can see , Also has just been on news here that has been a success and the well is capped..

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Here it says BP is saying the pressure is 6,700 psi

"Pressure was up to 6,700 pounds per square inch inside the well's capping stack, said BP Senior Vice President Kent Wells. The company is looking for a pressure above 8,000, which would indicate that no oil was being forced out through a fresh leak and that the well was undamaged and able to withstand the pressure of the cap."

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

so it is about 1300 per valve then , apparently a small leack in a tube connection is being tightened down ,which was leaking slightly up untill o930gmt

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ok thanks, I didnt know how many valves there are, thats wy the number seemed low.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

no worries , looking back i didnt make it as clear as I could have

If u look on the bp webby the box with the guages is in a pic on the deck of the support ship painted yellow...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Next, they'll find a leak on the ocean floor. BP will claim it to be "completely unrelated".

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
From the man himself 8 or 9 thousand so if it says 1300 thats not good.

Thad Allen press questions

Hope this helps.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Thank you mars1...That is the exact video i was talking about

second line!!!!

top topics

join