It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60,000 police officers 'could be axed by 2015' due to Government funding cuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

60,000 police officers 'could be axed by 2015' due to Government funding cuts

www.dailymail.co.uk< br />

As many as 60,000 police offers could lose their jobs due to government spending cuts, an expert has warned today.

The figure represents the worst-case scenario after the Treasury told departments to prepare for cuts of 40 per cent, according to research carried out by a former chief constable.

Cuts to the police force could be as high as 40 per cent, but are predicted to be around 25 per cent, former chief constable of Gloucestershire Dr Tim Brain warned.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well that's just brilliant. Only found the Mail at the minute which is known for sensationalism.

If to be believed we're in for alot of civil trouble over the next few years. These massive cuts coupled with increasing bureaucratic rubbish cops have to file nowadays just to report a simple crime, will lead to even more crimes going unreported.

It is my belief that current crime figures are inaccurate because people simply don't bother to report anymore as they feel nothin will be done. I know from speaking to a police officer myself recently that they only had 2 officers on patrol in the Wavertree area of Liverpool each night. This is a densely populated urban area of about 2km squared.

With these cuts things are only going to get worse.

It seems it's all over the news now, not just are exagerating friend the Daily Mail.

Other sources;

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.thegrapevinemagazine.com...

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It's a somewhat controlled collapse of western civilization as we know it.

Societies will eventually break-down.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Pure hype; pure tripe.

Anytime public sector jobs might be cut, the headlines read "police, fire, ambulance, ..." to garner indignation from the masses.

The reality is that if public sector employment is cut, it will be the paper-pushers, clerks and political pay-offs that go first.

Pure trash-talk to scare people from facing the economic reality that government workforces are bloated, counter-productive and wasteful.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

You may be right. Only time will tell i suppose!

They have been very good at hiding just how bad things have got up until recently. I know people who still believe by next year everything will be back to normal?!!
I not sure whether I envy them ignorance is bliss after all.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
...And this is bad, why? 60k less police? I figure that means at least 20k less thugs with guns and the color of law. We are way over policed in this country. If your local cop has time to sit on the side of the road trapping speeders, that is at least one too many cops apparently needed to keep the peace.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Less cops kind-of puts a damper on the doom and gloom threads that some evil NWO group is going to use cops and soldiers as their patsy's.

If anything all this news article shows is that there are still issues with the economy and the government is looking at potential ways to fix the solution.

The sad thing is some of the people screaming Bloody Mary with how much we spend on defense and security will do nothing but cry it is a conspiracy when we have to cut back on spending.

-Sliadon

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I guess it's time for the precints to weed out the bad ones finally?

I say good riddens.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If they really do lay off that many cops it would ne the first steps of outsourcing the police services to groups like Ze and companies like google to run networking of ccv and data mining.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
...And this is bad, why? 60k less police? I figure that means at least 20k less thugs with guns and the color of law. We are way over policed in this country. If your local cop has time to sit on the side of the road trapping speeders, that is at least one too many cops apparently needed to keep the peace.

No no no, you guys have it wrong. They need to weed out what few remaining good cops there are out there. You really think the thugs with badges are going to lose their jobs? No, its going to be the ones that can not be controlled, the ones that believe in treating people fairly, and the ones that would never turn on their fellow citizens that will be let go.

I see this as just being a way to weed out the good cops in the system..

[edit on 7/15/2010 by evo80]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
you can paint americans as gun loving cowboys- but
given the choice i just as soon defend myself as to call a cop.
they are all militarized, all homeland security agents..
nwo rent a cops..
i got little to say to them.
i wouldnt bother to call them for much

[edit on 15-7-2010 by p51mustang]

new topics

top topics

join