It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have young men just plain lost it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Good luck on your journey. Along the way see if you can find anybody who can explain the pathology of HIV. Also anyone who can explain Retrovir (AZT) as the #1 treatment. Before AZT was rechristened as Anti Retroviral Therapy it was a failed cancer chemotherapy. Since chemotherapy kills all cells trying to reproduce, including the immune system cells, why is someone in danger of immune system failure given this chemotherapy?

Note: AZT was designed at the N.I.H/N.C.I. at taxpayers expense during Nixon's "war on cancer". It was solely licensed to Burroughs Wellcome a British drug company. They are now Glaxo Smith Klein. Their cost was zero. Where did the $10,000.00-$40,000.00 a month cost to patients come from?

Lifetime student. Partime analyst. Sometime clairvoyant.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I hope for the best but too many broken dreams/promises have been dashed for me to be anything but cynical about advancing tech that will save human life.
But eventually maybe.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
*Deleted*

[edit on 15-7-2010 by ATLien]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I find it inspiring! Makes me think our children have hope and just may have a good go at what the future holds. These young men(boys) and women(girls) are doing things that some wish they had done. At least some are not going to do what the establishment says they should do..like come home from school and watch TV or play video games to dull the mind instead of getting outside. Bravo I say.

[edit on 7/15/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I find your title needlessly offensive towards young men. I personally find no offense but you get my gist.

As for your trip keep us posted. I think you have a great cause and are very brave to take your concerns around the globe. Have a safe and productive journey, I wish you Godspeed.

I think you would get more responses if your thread title were relevant to the project you are undertaking.

Respects, ATA

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
bravo to them
round my neck of the woods it is about 85% lard asses/ self obsessed steriod chomping tribal types. the spirit of adventure lives on irrespective of whoever is on the take in the murky world of charities. i myself used to give substantial amounts to charity until a number of them attempted to screw me. nowadays i prefer direct action in that i regularly give my time for free. in the uk it is called the third sector which in my opinion means 9/10 ths give their time for free whilst the rest are on the take under the guise of caring for their fellow humans. quite sad when you think about it. but this is the way it has evolved from initial noble intentions to professional salesmen speak/underhand tactics with intentions of persuading one to give up ones bank account details.
regards

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
let me know if they get stuck somewhere and need some men to rescue them

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What these two women are doing is commendable, but not unduly remarkable overall.

Firstly, they're not that ''young'', and secondly here's a site I stumbled across with reports from amateur cyclists ( mainly males ), telling of their various cycling exploits, that cover as much distance and more, over a comparable timeframe as these two women are covering:

www.trentobike.org...

For example, a contribution from the above website:

''This November [ 2008 ], Simon Evans and Fearghal O'Nuallain will begin the first Irish circumnavigation of the globe by bicycle. Their unsupported expedition will cover over 30,000km, passing through 30 countries and some of the highest, lowest, driest, coldest, warmest and loneliest places on earth. In doing so, they will be promoting the positive contribution that cycling can make to mental health and the environment, raising 100,000 euro for Aware and highlighting climate change.''

I don't remember hearing about that story in late 2008.
There are many others on that site that tell of bicycle rides ( many fundraising ) of 10, 20, 30,000 kilometres and more.

Sadly, I think you're caught up in the idea that when women recreate something that many men do, the women need to be praised as if they've achieved something uber-special, whereas they've just emulated what countless men have achieved already.

Your whole tone in this thread sounds patronising.

Would you have highlighted this story if it was two males embarking on this expedition ?

Furthermore, would you have used the fact that it was two men that went on this cycle ride as a reason to start a thread querying whether ''young women have plain lost it' by comparison ?

I think we both know the answer to the above two hypothetical questions.

I'm not being churlish, as I've previously said, I commend these women, but let's not pretend this story is indicative of women outperforming men in this kind of activity, when that is the complete opposite of the truth.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Dear Sherlock Holmes

Well I certainly achieved my goal and that was to get you to have a look at what these young ladies are doing in the fight against HIV/AIDS.

I personally think the idea of the bike ride is outstanding and the intent of these young people male or female is exemplary.

My goal was merely to bring it to your attention.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

Dear p51mustang

Let us hope they do not get stuck, as that would mean a lot more that any average man or woman could possible do to help them. However it may indeed bring the MSM into effect and high light what it is they are trying to do.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Dear fakedirt

“bravo to them”

Now that’s the sprit.

What I can assure you of here is that all the money these ladies collect will go directly too the two charities. I can also assure you that less than 1% of the cash received by the Camillian Social Center in Rayong Thailand will be spent on administration.

This center cares for over 80 children living with HIV/AIDS.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Dear Asktheanimals

Now then it is not my trip, I am but the messenger.

It is these ladies trip here onelittlewheel.com...

One has to try to get a message across may be I did it wrong, perhaps you could show me how to do it better. But then again I made you look and with out that you would not know about the trip.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Dear CaptGizmo

I could not agree more but there is no money in this sort of thing for the MSM so they have no interest.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
Dear Sherlock Holmes

Well I certainly achieved my goal and that was to get you to have a look at what these young ladies are doing in the fight against HIV/AIDS.

I personally think the idea of the bike ride is outstanding and the intent of these young people male or female is exemplary.

My goal was merely to bring it to your attention.

If your goal was to promote this charity, then I wish you good luck.

I don't think your suggestion that young males were ''losing it'' did you or your cause any favours, even if it was to get a reaction.

I wish these two ladies good luck, and admire their aim and courage, and I hope they can raise plenty of money for this cause.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Dear Sherlock Holmes

Thank you for being so gracious and I hope you will spare a moment or so over the months ahead to have a look at there progress.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
Dear Sherlock Holmes

Thank you for being so gracious and I hope you will spare a moment or so over the months ahead to have a look at there progress.

No problem, mate.
I've already bookmarked the link in your OP.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
EDIT: Double post.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join