It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy in the Conspiracies in Religions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Explanation: Maybe doing some research [I am willing to help ok!
] on the demographics of the ATS membership and then paring down the origins of the subdemographics that spawn these two assumed hardened battlelines, would be usefull.

Personal Disclosure: I really REALLY should finish off and post my "Agnostics, Athiests and Abrahamic Faithers!, Your ALL WRONG! Here is Why..." thesis and put these issues to bed once and for all... but that would be boring and then I would have to start some cult OUT OF SPITE just so I could get some entertainment... GOOD NEWS DOESN'T SELL NEWSPAPERS OK!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
There is a lot of I'm right and you're wrong in this forum. But that is the problem you face when you tell someone that what they believe is wrong. Even if you start the thread with 'this is my belief' or something along those lines, it usually ends up as an I'm right you're wrong thread.

Same in the 9/11, alien, and political forums. Too many people feel that if you disagree with them, you are attacking their beliefs. If you are attacking their beliefs, then you are attacking them. Then you start getting the 'how can you be so dense when the truth is in front of you' remarks.

I've been on this site over five years. It's always been this way. I even had some guy stalk my post because I disagreed with him. Go figure.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I really REALLY should finish off and post my "Agnostics, Athiests and Abrahamic Faithers!, Your ALL WRONG! Here is Why..."

I believe that is the exacy kind of thread that this thread is speaking out against.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
As the creator of a recent thread that has actualy hung around long enough to become haunting to me more than anything. It did serve my purpose.
That would be getting the truth as I know it, out there. A purpose That just isn't served as well downstairs.

So even though my recent thread was in another forum. And while having even a few regrets. No way. I hate when any of my threads get kicked down stairs. If I wanted it there, that's where I would have placed it. Copy!
I use the downstairs when I choose. Having a thread moved their never feels right.

Fox mulder

Now, I must ask, if atheists really aren't Hell-bent on converting people, then why do they always make a big show of it? That's what happens on every site I've ever been to: "No, I don't want to convert people, I just think you're an idiot for having an imaginary friend to whom you pray." There is sure to be a dispute to something like that!

A lot of them and Satanists also are playing this new," wounded bird game "
as I call it. Where they take anything they can that a believer has said.
And blow it way out of perportion to create their spring board they need as reason for their insults. IT DOES GET CHILDISH I know. It is
affective though, because there is no way ,a moderator ,is going to understand what has been going on sometimes in that particular thread.
It poses as camoflage for the real trouble maker on the thread.
With some of our more sensitive people on this site I'm positive this can be mistaken as a prejudice by the Mods.

That is something I'm positive I have never seen out of any of the Mods
from my experience. But I have seen whimpers of such accusations many times, Always abandoned immediatly after. Fear unwarranted IMO.

This is a good thread I just disagree.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What really drives me crazy about this Christian vs Atheist problem is that it pops up in threads that have nothing to do with that subject. I can honestly say that neither side is worse than the other, they're both equally obnoxious, ignorant, arrogant, and, more often than not, making the same argument with a few key words being different.

Don't forget that one of the telling signs that someone is an Evangelical atheist is that they will go on and on about how horribly atheists are oppressed. Now, I'm no traditional theist but I really find it hard to believe that atheists are so oppressed that they need to create organizations and groups to fight this oppression.

If you ask me, both sides are wrong, to remove religion from science or science from religion leaves both seriously wanting when it comes to the development of a complete understanding of the universe.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Don't forget that one of the telling signs that someone is an Evangelical atheist is that they will go on and on about how horribly atheists are oppressed.

So true.
Someone from a church knocking on their door= oppression
Eye contact with christian= oppression
In God we trust on cash = oppression

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by Max_TO

You know , it's to bad really . Religion can be a very interesting area of conversation / discussion based on the many different beliefs , ancient scripts , symbolism and so on . But it seems " we " get caught up to much in the trivial and silly and tend to make all religious conversation end up the same way.

Hmmm... maybe this occurs because the conversation drifts a lil' too close to the truth, and must be 'snuffed out.' ... Do I smell a conspiracy

(1991) Minutes after concluding a conversation with his doctoral student, Alexander Arguelles, at noon on a day when the building was teeming with visitors to a book sale, Culianu was murdered in the bathroom of the divinity school, Swift Hall, of the University of Chicago. He was shot once in the back of the head. The identity of the killer and the motive are still unknown.
Wiki

His book titled "Out of this world" essentially does to the classic world religions the same thing that the exposure of the super secret of Xenu on the net in 1995 did to $cientology. This book is a must read, as are the works of another Professor at the University of Chicago, named Francis R Yates.

Francis Yates book on Giordano Bruno, brings some of the best excerpts from Hermes Trismegistus, the high priest of ancient egypt. A reading of proper translations of Hermes brings the reader to the inescapable conclusion that the source point for world religions in the west is Hermes Trismegistus. An excerpt is posted on ATS here (middle of page search Seataka) LINK

In the Borgias room at the Vatican is a mural, showing Hermes Trismegistus standing NEXT to Moses... (source Professor Francis R Yates).

--------------

The conflicts between world religions are arguments between their prophets, G-d is the same. All are invited to commune. "Let no man interpret my words"

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

how true!

i always think that perhaps the staunchest faith in a belief is that of the atheist. it surpasses even the most hard-lined fundamentalist because at least the atheist can live according to what they say and not be hypocritical in the purest sense of the word.

fundamentalists can rarely, if ever, live up to their own preaching and hypocrisy detracts greatly from their stance.

thanks for the info!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Thanks for pointing out that book , just did an amazon search and the book looks quite good , I just may have to pick it up

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

How right you are in pointing out that " this " goes on in many of the other forums here at ATS . Perhaps it's only my interpretation , hence the reason I started this topic , but to me it seems to go on all the time in the CIR forum , no ?

Also seems like the CIR forum is riddled with topics that have nothing to do with any type of " conspiracy " .

But once again , you are right with the points you have raised .

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Great points OP

It really grinds my gears to open a thread expecting a conspiracy and am dismayed to find myself staring at three posts in a row of copy/paste religious texts quotes (bible koran etc..), followed by one paragraph of self rightous ramblings. I am not going to give links, I am not into singling people out, but im sure you have seen them..

And i am not an athiest.. Its just I dont come here to get my daily sermon.. wether I subscribe to whats being preached or not I do not come here to be preached at...

That said I am not going to blame the mods , I have seen such threads go on for 40 pages, so obviously there are members here who feel its a valid discussion to take part in...

~meathead

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Reading this thread makes me feel like saying "God bless you" to an evangelical atheist so I can watch them flip out and foam at the mouth.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
These battles will often rage back and forth based on nothing more than an argument with one camp belittling the other with no end in sight . The debates will , as interesting they may be , have very little to nothing to do with the forums " Conspiracies in Religions " . Those types of threads would be more suited for BTS's religion forum , no ?
Then it's your duty as an ATS citizen to hit the Alert button and request that such threads be moved to BTS. If there's not a conspiracy angle then it doesn't belong here. (We've had to do similar in the Secret Societies forum from time to time...)

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
To be honest, there are very few consiracies in Religion. So few in fact that there should be less than one new thread every couple of months. I, for one, would not be sad to see this forum go away.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
every religion chat room or forum I've ever been in had a lot of christian vs. atheist debates, all the while ignoring the middle ground, the mystical personal God that requires no church intervention nor a doctoral degree.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join