It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All You Non-Muslims Listen UP (LET'S GET ONE THING STRAIGHT)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

If you're dumb enough to judge the many on the few, maybe ATS is not for you.

That's a good rhyme actually.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

They say, well look at that guy, he blows himself up killing all these civilians/innocent people, and he is a Muslim.

i think they referred to themselves as Muslim, didn't they?

i think any individual who holds such contempt and lack of reverence for their God's creation and their God's life as to try to take as many as they can with them when they kill themselves can call themselves whatever they want to call themselves, as long as i can reserve a few names and labels for them myself.

No my friend, that is not a Muslim, you don't define a Muslim, a supposed Muslim doesn't define a Muslim.

PEACE

if i do not define a Muslim, then a Muslim does not define me either.

Peaces or Pieces,
et

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

So, if I wanted to become a Muslim, what would i need to do or believe?

Can you explain how to become a Muslim?

Peace

ETA - I'm a Christian and I believe I understand how to become one. But I'm not familiar with how a non-Muslim becomes a Muslim. I'm just trying to understand the religion.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

You believe in one GOD and believe in Mohammad as messenger. Take the Quran as the constitution.

The definition of a Muslim is in the Quran, meaning everything a Muslim supposed to believe, a Muslim suppose to do, to act, to react etc is in the Quran.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by oozyism

My point is that there are many interpretations of The Koran and many Islamic denominations....each thinks that they are the one, true interpretation.

You are by no means unique.

And exactly the same can be said about Christianity.

You are a

It seems you can't provide anything in regards to the topic, you claim my interpretation is wrong because there are other interpretations, but I haven't seen you prove that with Quran.

Go read the Quran, and tell me how my interpretation is wrong, and if you don't want to, or can't, then surely there is no reason for me to reply to you.

Go bring the other interpretations, and your own. Internet is packed with anti-Islamic websites, use them, don't be afraid.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I've never once said that your interpretation is wrong.

All I have pointed out is that there are many different interpretations of The Koran.

Each believes that their interpretation is the correct one.

You are no different.

That you refuse to accept or understand that speaks volumes about you, not me!

I have not once posted anything about my own personal opinions on Islam in this thread, yet, though I have done so many times here on ATS, they are utterly irrelevant to this discussion.

Edit to add:
You seem to miss my point, for whatever reasons, it is not anti-Islam viewpoints but OTHER Islam opinions that differ from yours...you insist they are wrong, they insist they alone are right.

[edit on 14/7/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Noble Verse 18:29

"Say, 'The truth is from your Lord': Let him who will believe, and let him who will, reject (it):

You can believe in what ever you want, the truth is in front of you.

Why won't you tell me which interpretation you are talking about?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I am merely trying to point out to you that there are numerous interpretations of Islam and they all think that they alone are the one true interpretation.

Why this is so hard for you to admit and undertand only you can say.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by FearNoEvil

You believe in one GOD and believe in Mohammad as messenger. Take the Quran as the constitution.

The definition of a Muslim is in the Quran, meaning everything a Muslim supposed to believe, a Muslim suppose to do, to act, to react etc is in the Quran.

If you have Christian or Jewish friends are you not violating your own constitution? Please explain the following verse...

O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

Thanks

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

oozy,

I must apologize, we have a similar verse...

2 Cor 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

I love you

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.-Zech14.9

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.-James2.19

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.-John14.6

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.-Matt28.18

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.-1John2.22

one night after putting down the Colt and picking up a small green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the counter a few days earlier and as soon as I had begun to open the cover an AUDIBLE voice as if sitting on my left said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish-AWESTRUCK(not being raised churched or knowing the scriptures) I stood to my feet turned towards the voice and said Yes Lord-

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.-2Cor5.14

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."-Acts4.12

For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."-Acts17.31

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."-John20.29

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.-John14.6

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.-Matt28.18

And do you deny that it also states in the Bible that Jesus nothing but a man, that all praise belongs to the father, that there is only one GOD and that is the father, that we should all worship one GOD, the father.

Jesus also prayed for that GOD, didn't he?

And do we disagree that the Bible is filled with human thoughts injected to it.

It is suppose to be the account of Jesus, but the most influential Author in the Bible never even met Jesus.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

well I'll try to say another way-I heard this audible voice before I knew any scriptures bible anything, I used to make fun of christ/christian/bible as something for the weak minded and agree some things have been tampered with (the scriptures even admit that specifically-but it is about specifics even points out who false christians are and is not according to Mt Sinai standards as so many have been taught) but for sure what happened to me is written and believe as it says, about dividing the word of truth correctly, as the Spirit of Truth leads that is given in Jesus name but bottom line is the main subject, that one whose voice I heard, this is how you know the One True God that was in Him to reconcile the wicked/world back to Himself

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

suppose i should point out that yes Jesus was a man and firstborn raised from the dead who did no murder/violence, mojammed was a man too did he do violence/murder/blood on his hands? was he raised from the dead?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by oozyism

suppose i should point out that yes Jesus was a man and firstborn raised from the dead who did no murder/violence, mojammed was a man too did he do violence/murder/blood on his hands? was he raised from the dead?

But didn't Jesus say he did those things in the name of GOD, his father, without whom he wouldn't have been raised from the dead, nor would he have a miraculous birth.

Blood on his hand? :shk:

Yes Mohammad fought, fighting is not murder, people can be forced to fight, do you disagree?

Unjustified killing is murder, use your words carefully.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

exactly His Fathers Name! then you say he was a man, was raised from the dead, but who can believe it because no eyewitnesses? where to begin-what exactly do you believe about Jesus, His Father? He was a prophet but lied?

I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.-John5.43

her child was snatched up to God and to his throne.-Rev12.5

I and my Father are one.-John10.30

And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me.-John5.37

"But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, 'We don't want this man to be our king.' "He was made king, however-Luke19.14

Last of all, he sent his son to them. 'They will respect my son,' he said.
"But when the tenants saw the son, they said to each other, 'This is the heir. Come, let's kill him and take his inheritance.'-Matt21.37

On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.-John6.27

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God-Phil2.6

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.-Rev5.6

For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish; it will be utterly ruined.-Is60.12

Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall.-Luke11.17

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.-Matt24.14

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

OK, lets get one thing straight, ....

I'm going to make it really big so you can read it over and over again to get it through your thin skull.

NOBODY CARES !!!!!

All you do is try to use the Quran to justify your narrow little view of the world, and when somebody challenges your belief's you simply skip their post all together, .... such as this one :

Kill non-believers

SURA 4.89 : They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

Torment to Non-believers:

SURA 4.56: (As for) those who disbelieve in Our communications, We shall make them enter fire; so oft as their skins are thoroughly burned, We will change them for other skins, that they may taste the chastisement; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

The OP is 100% correct,..... yep, that defines a Muslim all right. Believe or die. Arguably the terrorists are more Muslim than those who would seek to convince the free world that Muslims are peaceful.

And I thought Christianity was bad, Islam is primitive and barbaric, and only serves those who cannot think for themselves, and would rather cling to a dead and outdated view of the world.

I can only pity you, you sound like a naive brainwashed 15 year old kid, you claim to hate capitalism and democracy yet you enjoy all of the freedoms it allows.

If your so in love with Islam and it's teachings why don't you move back to the Middle East so you don't have to live in a culture you dislike so much.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

:bnghd::bnghd:

Not this again. Just read ANY thread on Islam. Heck, you could probably read the beginning of THIS thread. Or even better, read the Quran. Then you will see how grossly misquoted and out of context those quotes you copy-pasted are.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Sorry, but have to say what I'm thinking:

Now we have a contradicting Bible, which either proves that GOD contradicts thyself, or that the Bible has been corrupted.

Either way, here are verses which oppose Jesus being GOD:

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4)"

See how it says, our God, meaning the God of Israel and the God of Jesus, he is one, that God is also the God of Jesus.

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. (From the NIV Bible, Mark 12:29)"

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good–except God alone." (From the NIV Bible, Mark 10:18)"

What do you think Jesus means in regards to this verse?

Here is a whole list of verses contradicting the notion that Jesus was, or is GOD:

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord’, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven” (Matthew 7:21)

“And the Father himself, which hath sent me, bore witness of Me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape” (John 5:37)

“And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.” (Mark 10:18)

“And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges.” (John 8:50)

“ Jesus answered them and said, “my doctrine are not Mine, but His who sent Me” (John 7:16)

“he who does not love me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent me” (John 14:24)

“For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak” (John 12:49)

“Jesus said to them, ‘My food is to do the will of Him who sent me, and to accomplish His work” (John 4:34)

“For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent me” (John 6:38)

“saying, ‘Father, if it is your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not My will, but Yours, be done” (Luke 22:42)

“I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me” (John 5:30)

“I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him” (John 13:16)

“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I” (John 14:28)

“Jesus said to them, ‘If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but he sent me” (John 8:42)

“To sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by my Father” (Matthew 20:23)

“So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me” (John 7:16)

Have a nice read.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

knowledge and depth of insight-Phil1.9

God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them-2Cor5.19

He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."-Matt15.24

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.-John10.27

he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit-1Cor6.17

that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.-John17.21

"He saved others," they said, "but he can't save himself! He's the King of Israel! Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him.-Matt27.42

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.-Col3.17

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning...He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.-John1

You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me-John5.38

so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others-Rom12.5

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join