It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All You Non-Muslims Listen UP (LET'S GET ONE THING STRAIGHT)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Let's get straight to the point:

You non-Muslims who go around, even Muslims who go around and talk a lot and define Muslims, and who a true Muslim is, let me get this straight for you:

And, LET ME MAKE IT BIG, so you can read it over and over again, to get it to your head:

The only thing which defines a Muslim is Islam > Quran

No, not you, no not Muslims, but Islam.

You don't go around telling people who a true Muslim is, or telling the world that a true Muslim is a fanatic Muslim, or a Radical Muslim etc.

Islam define a Muslim, read the Quran, a Muslim is described in the Quran.

You decide whether you want to become a Muslim or not, based on the Quranic definition, not Mullah, not non-Muslims, not the Khomeinis, but Islam > Quran.

I want to get this straight, because I have seen this over and over again where non-Muslims judge Islam based on supposed Muslims.

They say, well look at that guy, he blows himself up killing all these civilians/innocent people, and he is a Muslim.

No my friend, that is not a Muslim, you don't define a Muslim, a supposed Muslim doesn't define a Muslim.

Islam does > Quran does.

PEACE

[edit on 14-7-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Which interpretation of The Koran?

Your's I suppose?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Maybe you would prefer yours then?

I understand what the OP is trying to say...

Muslims are being judged largely by people who have almost no experience of Islam, other than what they see on Fox news.

If you want to talk about Muslims then at least get to know some first (that is not directed at you personally but a general comment)... don’t just take the word of the biased agenda driven media!

Deny Ignorance!!

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by oozyism

Your's I suppose?

What is there to interpret?
The definition of a muslim in Qur'an is crystal clear.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Kill non-believers

SURA 4.89 : They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

Torment to Non-believers:

SURA 4.56: (As for) those who disbelieve in Our communications, We shall make them enter fire; so oft as their skins are thoroughly burned, We will change them for other skins, that they may taste the chastisement; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

The OP is 100% correct,..... yep, that defines a Muslim all right. Believe or die. Arguably the terrorists are more Muslim than those who would seek to convince the free world that Muslims are peaceful.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Your's I suppose?

Yup, you can interpret a book differently when you read one sentence from each chapter.

Like let's say, my book says, "Freeborn must die, if he murders". Then you read the first part of the sentence and forget about the second then claim your interpretation is as correct as mine lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
i disagree; there can be some distinctions drawn in the people who themselves accepts being labeled a muslim. iran for example is a radical muslim state from my perspective.iran passes laws that are supposedly pertaining to being muslim; but they try and be "western" yet neglect passing laws that facilitate this attempt at growth, which is easily possible to do.any self professed muslim who ignores the koaran and accepts a new law given for the complacency of being accepted as a muslim is a fake muslim to me.also the whole group think thing that goes on where muslims attempt to call out other muslims by using the term good; to me they are false muslims.but maybe i am incorrect and in the koran when discourse is taking place i am to assume i am not the person who blasphemies god when i speak of god to another person.

the point is this;
what is muslim: to me muslim today is just a generic ethnic term.

what is islam;
islam is a generic term for people who accept a role as part within the words of the koran.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by slane69

No Slane69, I'm not a magician, nor can I predict the future, funnily I predicted what some would say so I made this comment:

post by oozyism

Read it carefully, you did exactly as I stated in that post lol

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by slane69

Then why the different denominations and interpretations from various muftis and imams etc.

Sunni and Shi'a intepret sections of The Koran in different ways.

Wahib and Taliban intepret it differently from some of the more 'liberal' Muslims.

There is as much division in Islam as there is in Christianity.

And each think's they are right above all other interpretations.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Where have I 'judged' anyone?

Is asking which interpretation some sort of heinuos crime?

I think it is a perfectly legitimate question given the diversity within Islam.

Or is it that any questioning of Islam is viewed as 'racist' by some.

Deny ignorance indeed my friend!

Edit to add:

And how the hell do you know that I don't know any Muslims??
Your assumptions are pathetic and the height of ignorance itself.

I really expected better from you!

[edit on 14/7/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by slane69

Would you use the same process to define Christians or Jews?

From the Quran...

008.061 But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards
peace, and trust in God: for He is One that hears and knows (all things).

060.008 God forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith
nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God
loves those who are just.

From the bible...

Matthew 10:45 I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

You see how easy it is to misrepresent religious text when thing are taken out of context?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Islam define a Muslim, read the Quran, a Muslim is described in the Quran.

You decide whether you want to become a Muslim or not, based on the Quranic definition, not Mullah, not non-Muslims, not the Khomeinis, but Islam > Quran.

Let me see if I understand through the comparitive process...

Are you saying that it's like Fred Phelps being held up as the standard for all Christians?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

thanks for the interpretation.
Does the > sign in the OP really mean =?

and the condescension of implying how easy it is to misinterpret
was not really needed for triple digit members.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by slugger9787]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Who decides? (your quote)"You decide whether you want to become a Muslim..."

Who is "you"? The Muslim?

snip

I want to get this straight, because I have seen this over and over again where non-Muslims judge Islam based on supposed Muslims.

Define a 'supposed' Muslim. By your quote above isn't it the Quaran and "You"? You, being the Muslim?

They say, well look at that guy, he blows himself up killing all these civilians/innocent people, and he is a Muslim.

"They say"? Who is "They"? Wouldn't "they" be the supposed Muslims who claim to be Muslim, just before they "blow themselves up"?

No my friend, that is not a Muslim, you don't define a Muslim, a supposed Muslim doesn't define a Muslim.

Maybe it isn't 'non-Muslims' you should be directing this towards, but those 'supposed' Muslims who state their allegiance just before ignition. Like, maybe tell them way before they decide to blow themselves up and "kill civilians/innocent people"? This way they can allgn with a different religion, or movement. I mean, why let the Muslims get all the credit when there are so many other sects that probably wouldn't mind a spokesperson.

I'm just sayin'.

PEACE

and, PEACE to you, my friend.

-Sour

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
So funny how everyone thinks Bush is stupid but him and the entire mainstream media completely turned almost all western civilization against Islam.

Here are a few links...

www.loonwatch.com...

religion.blogs.cnn.com...

edition.cnn.com...

Apparently every terrorist is not muslim. Nor are all muslims terrorists.

There has been massive exaggeration by fox news and other media sources.And some of you guys who are supposed to deny ignorance can't seem to see that?

Come on you guys are better than this.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Who decides? (your quote)"You decide whether you want to become a Muslim..."

Who is "you"? The Muslim?

You, the reader. Meaning everyone.

Anyone who wants to become Muslim, or want to become a citizen of Islam, can if they wish. Ofcurse the conditions are set in the Quran, hence when you become an American citizen you must meet certain conditions.

Define a 'supposed' Muslim. By your quote above isn't it the Quaran and "You"? You, being the Muslim?

Anyone who goes against the Islamic system and yet claim to be a Muslim, hence those who kill innocent people.

"They say"? Who is "They"? Wouldn't "they" be the supposed Muslims who claim to be Muslim, just before they "blow themselves up"?

Supposed Muslims and those who define Muslim based on the actions of supposed Muslims.

Read that big writing in the OP, that is suppose to be the simplest explanation.

Maybe it isn't 'non-Muslims' you should be directing this towards, but those 'supposed' Muslims who state their allegiance just before ignition. Like, maybe tell them way before they decide to blow themselves up and "kill civilians/innocent people"? This way they can allgn with a different religion, or movement. I mean, why let the Muslims get all the credit when there are so many other sects that probably wouldn't mind a spokesperson.

I'm just sayin'.

??

Read it again, there was a reason why I made it so big:
The only thing which defines a Muslim is Islam > Quran

They can claim to be Muslims all they want, even you can claim to be a Muslim, but if you go and Murder, rape, torture etc then the blame is not on the Islamic system, but on you, Islam doesn't condone those actions, and more so doesn't order Muslims to take those actions.

non-Muslims/supposed Muslims aren't suppose to define a Muslim but Islam is.

MODS, why has this been moved to BTS??n

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

So of the many interpreatations of The Koran and the Islamic faith the CORRECT one is the one you happen to believe in.

How very convenient.

Oh and yes, it is a shame that this has been moved to BTS.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

So of the many interpreatations of The Koran and the Islamic faith the CORRECT one is the one you happen to believe in.

How very convenient.

Oh and yes, it is a shame that this has been moved to BTS.

Are you gonna tell me why my interpretation is incorrect? Or just make baseless claims with no end in sight?

I have studied the art of trolling

LOL

Let's make this productive, let me do the work:

Question:
Do you disagree that the Quran is the only thing which defines a Muslim?

[edit on 14-7-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

MODS, why has this been moved to BTS??n

Because BTS has much less views than ATS.
They dont want this to be viewed.

If you, on the other hand start a Thread about how islam is terrible, about "women in islam have no rights", "islamic terrorists", you bet it will STAY on ATS.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

My point is that there are many interpretations of The Koran and many Islamic denominations....each thinks that they are the one, true interpretation.

You are by no means unique.

And exactly the same can be said about Christianity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join