It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid to replace Dems with Republicans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
You can posture all you want. Make silly statements about Obama all you want. You cannot deny that the Republican agenda brought RUIN to America and turned over an American nation on the edge of collapse, to President Obama and the Democrats.

I am disappointed with Obama. He failed to close Gitmo, Failed to end the wars fast enough and had the majority in Congress and failed to create a useful Health Care system covering all Americans that need health care.

The economy however is way beyond any presidents ability to correct in such a short time.

Republicans FAILED and are giving us no reason to bring them back. I would actually wish to see the Dems gain more power for a short time to give us a unified government which is needed to correct the many problems plaguing our Nation.

After a few years of that then it will be time to water down the dems power to counter any overly leftist laws and policies enacted during the short unified period. Perhaps even a Unified republican government would be in order if they can actually come up with some reason to exist.

If America does its normal sheep impression we will see a continuation of a useless unguided America and eventual collapse.

Unification is probably the only thing that will save us. I only support the Dems at this time sense they are already so close to a unified government and the Republicans seem to be disorganized and without any real policies to change the course to collapse they put us on.

May also be a good time for a moderate party to come into existence.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Things won't change until people start realizing one thing.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48e291a7ec15.jpg[/atsimg]
Dems and Reps are the same thing.
The only difference is the tie they wear.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
You can posture all you want. Make silly statements about Obama all you want. You cannot deny that the Republican agenda brought RUIN to America and turned over an American nation on the edge of collapse, to President Obama and the Democrats.

I am disappointed with Obama. He failed to close Gitmo, Failed to end the wars fast enough and had the majority in Congress and failed to create a useful Health Care system covering all Americans that need health care.

The economy however is way beyond any presidents ability to correct in such a short time.

Republicans FAILED and are giving us no reason to bring them back. I would actually wish to see the Dems gain more power for a short time to give us a unified government which is needed to correct the many problems plaguing our Nation.

After a few years of that then it will be time to water down the dems power to counter any overly leftist laws and policies enacted during the short unified period. Perhaps even a Unified republican government would be in order if they can actually come up with some reason to exist.

If America does its normal sheep impression we will see a continuation of a useless unguided America and eventual collapse.

Unification is probably the only thing that will save us. I only support the Dems at this time sense they are already so close to a unified government and the Republicans seem to be disorganized and without any real policies to change the course to collapse they put us on.

May also be a good time for a moderate party to come into existence.

Democrats and a unified government?
Seriously?
Yeah...that's exactly what we need:
More taxes and more spending.
Give me a break.
You are polarized just like the rest of this country and it shows.
Quit believing everything you read/see/hear.
The republicans didn't ruin this economy; you need to do more research, my friend.
There were people, affiliated (or called) republican, that the MSM wanted you to think they did, just to get democrats in office...
But in reality, the elite's actually crashed this Nation.
By the way, the elite's don't have party affiliations.
They only have goals.
And most of them are almost complete.
Do you see anything else happening right now?
The 'Democrats' aren't even reading what they're passing through!

I can't believe you support them.

I support nothing but a new, overhauled gov't.
No parties, no lobbyists, no 'aides'.
Flat tax rates, no outrageous spending, etc.
The gov't is a huge corporation now and we need to pull the plug.
Just regular American people who actually want to help their fellow Americans.
Not any affiliation that just wants votes.

I am sick of people supporting these idiots in power.
Less spending and lower taxes are our best chances of survival.
Not spending it or raising them.
The gov't doesnt create jobs. The people do.
All these democrats are doing is finding new ways to tax, and create bills with absolutely no relevance to accomplishing anything but spending more money.

Our gov't is way out of control.

We need to push the reset button.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Things won't change until people start realizing one thing.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48e291a7ec15.jpg[/atsimg]
Dems and Reps are the same thing.
The only difference is the tie they wear.

LOL thank you for this picture. It made my day.

So true.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I was going to psot something... but when I saw DrumsRfun's picture I realized it wasn't necessary. Another case of a picture being worth a thousand words.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's stupid to keep sending the same corrupt "straw men" back to maintain the public treasury.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

The Republican agenda brought ruin to America because it expanded government.

It is logical to conclude that the Democratic agenda will bring utter destruction to America because its expanding government at an even greater pace than the Republicans.

There will be a currency crisis brought on by the unending wars and unending welfare state.

The dollar will ultimately be destroyed because of our government's actions.

You better let that sink in.

The government currently borrows (prints) .60 cents for every dollar spent.

This is a recipe for total disaster.

It is not a matter of if, but a matter of when.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
stupid was electing a novice to the job because he gives a good speach.
I know I took the troll bait

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
stupid was electing a novice to the job because he gives a good speach.
I know I took the troll bait

I agree with you. The country is headed off a cliff and no one can drive. We need a driverfor a short time to vere us of the path we are on.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
They all have the same agenda so it doesn't really matter.

I'll start voting again when I think somebody can actually make a change.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

First awesome avatar. Second I think this goes farther than just Obama's lack of experience. The American public suffers from extremely short term memory. Past laws that no one noticed the consequences of started to bite us in the rear end
Then throw in the type of politics Obama brought with him from Chicago
That is feeding trolls

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Obama has let us down so far. I am dissapointed. However, it is naive to think that he could come in and institute great change in such a short period of time, especially because he must rely on Congress to push his mandate through. The only way to get anything through Congress is great compromise, so in reality you can't achieve much.

I would like to see something like a 70-30 democrat advantage so we can finally move forward with some meaningful change. if they fail in their change then I would be willing to go with a huge republican majority. If that fails as well, I hope America wakes up and stops voting for either party.

I would love for independents to control the houses but to think that is possible, is naive at best. The next best solution is to have party dominance in both houses. At this point it is easier to give the democrats their shot at it, so I will be voting straight Democrat this election.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
First off... any silly idea you have of giving total power to any one party and thinking that after the crisis has passed you will be able to remove that power is flat out stupid. It does not work that way. Once you give more power to the Federal Government, no matter which party you give it to, you will not be able to get it back. That is the reality.

I can agree that the Republican Party took us to the edge of ruin, however the democrats will push us right over that edge into ruin. It is important to take notice that it would not matter which party it was...they are following the same agenda. Both parties may have different views on how to achieve the goal, but make no mistake about it... they are working towards the same goal and YOUR best interest are not a part of that goal. It is one big club... and YOUR NOT IN IT!

Let's look at NAFTA as an example.....

It was introduced by Bush #1... it was signed into being by Bill Clinton. That is just one example, if you take the time to look, you can easily find more. As long as "We the People" allow ourselves to be trapped in this two party system, NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE. They will continue to follow the script, we will continue to bicker and argue based on party lines, meanwhile the parties will be bending us over just a little bit more.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I don't find it stupid at all. It's a no-brainer. The stupid thing would be to keep these democrats who blatantly thumbed their noses at the American people and did Obama's bidding, and not their constituents.

If your Representative does not represent you, it is time for them to go.

Nothing stupid about it.

top topics

join