It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian drunk survives attempt to ride crocodile

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

brave men are drunk even more brave.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Takka
anyhoo looks like a bogan idiot to me

That was very perceptive of you...... anyway 100 stitches later and I feel like a Newman again

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Crikey!
It's bloody well and good he did not try to mate with it.
But I guess there is always next time.

But seriously, doesn't this poor animal deserve to be protected from drunken idiots?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This man deserves a medal. I love these kinds of stories. My favorite is when some fool decides to hop into the lion enclosure and punches a lion in the face. I seem to remember this happening somewhere recently, and the lion was so astonished that it ran away from the guy.

I have long harbored a not-so-secret desire to hop into the panda habitat at the zoo and try to go a couple rounds with one. Roundhouse-kicking a panda in the face has to be one of the greatest feelings ever. What's the point in being at the top of the food chain, if you don't get to assert yourself every once in a while?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

But seriously, doesn't this poor animal deserve to be protected from drunken idiots?

Im pretty sure it can look after himself.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
crocodile dundee- the crocodile hunter- the croc rider..what is it with aussies?
gotta learn the hard way i reckon. what a crock.
if you want to see stupid animal pranks watch wild boyz- way stupid

[edit on 14-7-2010 by p51mustang]

[edit on 14-7-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

haha I'd love to see footage of someone punching a lion in the face.

Going a few rounds with a panda could be a box office event - Get in contact with your local zoo for the panda, your local wrestling organization for the ring... no steel cage-screw it get on the phone to Vince McMahon im sure he could sort it for you

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
He's a serious contender for the next Darwin Award...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

Fighting a panda sounds awesome in theory, until you get up close and realize that they're pretty big, with fairly good-sized claws and teeth. Even with rad kung-fu skills, a human/ panda match would be awfully lopsided. I may decide to give it a go once I'm too old to care. I would consider being brutally mauled by a critically-endangered species in front of a crowd of screaming 5 year olds a "beautiful death".

As for a Darwin award, I've already reproduced, so I'm out of the running.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonwilson
This man deserves a medal. I love these kinds of stories. My favorite is when some fool decides to hop into the lion enclosure and punches a lion in the face. I seem to remember this happening somewhere recently, and the lion was so astonished that it ran away from the guy.

I have long harbored a not-so-secret desire to hop into the panda habitat at the zoo and try to go a couple rounds with one. Roundhouse-kicking a panda in the face has to be one of the greatest feelings ever. What's the point in being at the top of the food chain, if you don't get to assert yourself every once in a while?

Please come to Australia, and go swimming in the Victoria River, in Northern Territory. With idiotic comments like the above....I for one would love to see you go toe to toe with a 6m salt water croc...now that would be a great feeling for the rest of us, non-idiotic people

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Relax. Deep breaths. No pandas, crocodiles, lions or wallabies were hurt by my post. This is a thread about a silly man who did a silly thing. Must we be so serious? Must we invite each other to commit suicide?

Please feel free to visit the United States. You may swim in my pool. It is nice and clean, and there are often pretty girls sunbathing nearby.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

do you think the guy might do this crocodile stunt again for the camera. What I always thought would be cool is you know on documentaries about gorillors when the presenter aproaches them very carefully and respectfully, instead of doing it that way just go jumping in saying ooh aahh oohh ahhh and waving my arms about like an ape.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Where is there friend with the camera phone when you need one?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by biohazardjon

do you think the guy might do this crocodile stunt again for the camera. What I always thought would be cool is you know on documentaries about gorillors when the presenter aproaches them very carefully and respectfully, instead of doing it that way just go jumping in saying ooh aahh oohh ahhh and waving my arms about like an ape.

I would wager the gentleman in the OP could be persuaded into a repeat performance. Just buy him a dozen or so pints first.

The ape thing would be very funny. What would be even better is to jump the fence, wearing a cowboy hat, with a bottle of whiskey in-hand. Then shuck the shirt, pound your chest a couple times, and say "Awright! Let's do this s#@t!" before pouncing on a snoring crocodile. Bonus points for a thick, Texas accent.

Extra bonus points awarded for each "YEEEEEE-HAAAAWW" bellowed.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by moonwilson]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Don't be so insensitive. You may cause psychological harm by saying he was stupid for riding a giant croc:

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

indeed it was my friend ... indeed it was

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

That is a hilarious story - star for making me laugh instead of the usual doom and gloom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join