It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New BP fix has been faked, heres proof!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is a screen shot of the new what ever it is they are claiming! Notice that when you draw a line from the inside of the pipe outlet there are gaps where there is NO OIL in the flow. If the oil was coming out at 250psi it would be a solid stream for at least a few feet; but this thing is pupping around like it is coming out at 50psi or less.

The reported pressure is anywhere from 1500psi to 100,000psi so this THING we are watching is a mock up they are messing with to keep the sheeple quite!!!! At 1500psi it would be like a solid stream of oil with no gentle mixing.

And before someone says it, the pressure of the sea has not negated the pressure of the well!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d70dbb67cc78.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

And before someone says it, the pressure of the sea has not negated the pressure of the well!!!

and how do you come to that conclusion?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Did you account for the psi of ocean water pushing against it?

That's a lot of weight and pressure colliding right there.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

That's only about 2,200 psi, so it seems this baby is pushing upwards at a net of under a few hundred psi. What I don't understand is how the heck there is so much oil from such a relatively small leak.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
who needs science, math, or reason when you have emotion and the ability to call anyone who disagrees "sheeple"?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

the pressure from 5000 ft of sea water is 2236.52psi SOURCE. subtract that from the optimistic pressure of 14,000 psi of the oil and you have FAKE WELL HEAD!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Uh, you changed the low-ball figure from 1,500 to 14,000 psi.

Why?

To support your false claim?

Talk about a lack of proof..

I don't think the well-head is fake. I think what MAY be going on is that there's much more pressure coming out of this second pipe we're now hearing about.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

The people who will be in their beds next to their children when this thing falls apart and wipes out Florida won't care if BP used science and fake data to fool them! This is a case of pretend you care, pretend you are doing something and the people will stay off your back!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Your right that does look bad I got that from another site while trying to find an official pressure for the BOP. bad form on my part agreed as I did not provide a source.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The Kids found the matches...And they will use them..

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
If the oil was coming out at 250psi it would be a solid stream for at least a few feet; but this thing is pupping around like it is coming out at 50psi or less.

There's nothing like taking a guess at something and making assumptions.

It really feeds the paranoia, you know..

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Although I'm not entirely convinced the video feeds are fake (I'm no expert), I would say they look strange at times, and especially in this case. Even if you were to look at a picture of a hydrothermal vent, which again I do not know anything more than what wikipedia says, the substance coming from the vents does so at an angle from the inside of the pipe or chimney. Seems to be good speculation that the higher the pressure the bigger the increase in the angle of escaping substance.

Another question I wonder is if the casing is broken or cracked then the oil is surfacing at another spot and then how would all that effect the pressure at the actual work site?

point is I think the live feed is sketchy for the common viewer at best...

[edit on 7/13/2010 by SeekerForLight]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I've heard that oil is not the only thing coming out of that gusher, that it may be up to 40% methane, which is invisible. That would explain the turbulence and gaps in the oil flow.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Way back at teh beginnign of this leak, they estimated 50k to 70k barrels per day, and they said 30 psi positive pressure. An ATSer did the calculations and found that the cross section of the pipe and 30 psi equalled about 50k barrels per day. Everythng checked out.

Since that first CORRECT estimate, all other estimates have been way up and way down. But the video, the original measurements, the estimates prior to drilling, they all point to about 50k to 70 barrels per day, and that equals about 30 psi above the ambient sea pressure.

the pressure at the reservoir would be significantly higher. Anywhere from 30k psi to 100k psi dependingn on how deep BP actually drilled. They were permitted to 18k feet, but original estimates had them at over 30k feet deep.

Wouldn't really matter though, 30 psi at the well head is probably about right. It is variable, because of the gas component. So the pressure goes up and down a little.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Seems the original post was deleted. Hmm.

Anyway, so ... after all this MSM reporting of the high pressure being the main reason for the failed attempts to cap the well, they are now going to admit it is only slightly above sea pressure at the wellhead??? Or are they saying that once capped the pressure will steadily rise to 9000+psi (assuming no loss to other vents)? If so does that make sense? (I'm too tired to try to figure it out tonight.)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
there venting the leak to drop the main pressure that is why the unit is so long and bulky and has so many vents, there playing with the pressure and slowly close off the vents after it is hooked up.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
realize scale here , the original riser pipe was 21.5" across.. thats the size of a typical manhole cover... also realize this new part they added is probably even wider across.. so there is no chance of adding to the pressure problem with what they added to the well head.

Also realize there trying to slow the flow of the oil with that addition they made, they may have already slowed, and they are still pumping oil off from the original well head BOP also..

either way there is a crap-ton of oil in the gulf.. and it will take years to clean it up.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Of coarse it is fake ,enter James Cameron special effects man

But seriously I have always questioned the reasons they have given for his involvement .

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Man aint that the truth no way thats 14000 psi 50 if your lucky the ocean floor must have a huge crack in it some where close to the well head there hiding something bad.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Something is clearly wrong here. I do not think I understood the OP's presentation, but I was under the impression BP finally had some kind of success with something. After seeing THIS ATS THREAD and now seeing this thread, the only logical conclusion I can come to is the OP just may be correct here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join