It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawass - Chasing Mummies - The History Channel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hawass has a new series Chasing Mummies starts Wednesday July 14th on the History Channel.

Chasing Mummies - The History Channel

The link has several videos and previews.

He looks out of control sometimes, screaming and yelling at staff.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
i saw one of the commercials for this new series. it was basically a minute and a half of the narrator talking about how powerful he is. honestly i'm not even going to watch it. the last thing the world needs is more egoism from zahi hawass.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The straw man of fringe...boogeyman of forbidden archaeology fans and authors! He's hard to like, but he's contributed to more to Egyptology than probably anyone else in a 100 years.

I recommend watching the 'Meet Zahi' video. He comes across as one of the last guys on earth you'd want as your boss. He's screamin' and hollerin' at these people. I've had a boss who was very similar, I got his respect by yelling louder. Bald men in blond wigs lose the right to be rude!

The show looks like a show pony for Hawass and you can see why Robert De Niro is being cast to play him in the movie.

Tomb Saviour: The Beginning

Robert de Niro features as Zahi Hawass in the roller-coaster story of a man fighting to save Egypt from the clutches of US agents and violent tomb raiders. It tells the evocative story of Hawass' double life as an academic and violent enforcer of the sacred tombs of lost Egypt. Megan Fox provides the lusty back story as love ignites in the hot shadows of the Sphinx. Fox plays a young American archaeologist on a mission to play both sides.
IMDB-Tomb Saviour

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Gaaah, this guy Zahi thinks he's a modern day Pharaoh. Some of this show looks staged, like when the girl starts crying and says, "he wants me to go home . . ." blah blah blah. It looks to be more about Zahi than archeology.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The straw man of fringe...boogeyman of forbidden archaeology fans and authors! He's hard to like, but he's contributed to more to Egyptology than probably anyone else in a 100 years.

I recommend watching the 'Meet Zahi' video. He comes across as one of the last guys on earth you'd want as your boss. He's screamin' and hollerin' at these people. I've had a boss who was very similar, I got his respect by yelling louder. Bald men in blond wigs lose the right to be rude!

The show looks like a show pony for Hawass and you can see why Robert De Niro is being cast to play him in the movie.

Tomb Saviour: The Beginning

Robert de Niro features as Zahi Hawass in the roller-coaster story of a man fighting to save Egypt from the clutches of US agents and violent tomb raiders. It tells the evocative story of Hawass' double life as an academic and violent enforcer of the sacred tombs of lost Egypt. Megan Fox provides the lusty back story as love ignites in the hot shadows of the Sphinx. Fox plays a young American archaeologist on a mission to play both sides.
IMDB-Tomb Saviour

My God! I almost fell off my couch laughing at the Tomb Saviour movie. I bet Zahi was behind Megan Fox playing his love interest. Who does he think he is, Indiana Jones?

Brilliant joke, Kandinsky. I actually believed it until I clicked the IMDB link.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by funkmob_starchild]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I didn't think it would be possible for me to dislike this guy any more than I did, but this pushed me farther. What an absolute joke he has made of Egyptian History. The guy is a BUM. Anybody seen the part where the girl pees herself in a tomb and he goes off on her?

He is a tool in the worst way of TPTB.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Excellent lead in and results of your joke

Seriously that was great!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Yeah I would have to say that this man is the poster child of abuse of powers.

He knows he can be an ass, because if you want to be apart of Egyptian Antiquity you must go through him.

I don't think this show will last long, everyone will get mad at him and stop watching.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Parts of this is looking pretty staged to me.

Just my .02

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Did you guys watch that last night?? How scripted was that. It was like watching the Hills. I mean its was regular people trying to act and badly at that. And, Hawass's fits he had, most where staged, but the one in the tomb were everyone is out side singing and making all the noise I think that one was real.

It could have been an interesting show but come on the staged seens like getting lost in the step pyramid and having to be rescued by Hawass, and after 5 hours in there don't you think the paramedics would be there. Why stage so much fake drama for a show on the History Channel?

The award for best acting for that episode goes to Hawass. The others with there dull emotion and monition acting could not compare.

PS. I do think the excavations where real, but they just through in this "Hills" type drama. Maybe Hawass is a big "the Hills" Fan.

Later
Morpheus

[edit on 15-7-2010 by MorpheusUSA]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Way, way too scripted for my liking, seriously does everything need to be given the reality show treatment? Hawass needs to learn to stop prefacing every sentence he utters with "I". Otherwise it's not a bad show...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I give the show

It won't last long, nothing worth watching.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We watched about 5 minutes of it before turning it off.

Yes, it was staged. The "assistant" is actually a PhD Egyptologist and the "helper who gets lost with the cameraman" is actually an actress.

I've seen this before. I was part of the dig crew at a dinosaur site when a Japanese film company that shoots episodes of a children's show came in to do some filming for one of their shows. So we had the "Kid makes an incredible discovery of a turtle shell" (which we had actually found earlier in the day) and "Kid finds a crocodile arm bone" (which we had been digging out for the past 2 days) and "kid discovers fossilized dinosaur poop (copralites... yes, we have them)" -- which someone had to drive back to the lab and fetch and then put in situ so the kid could be shown finding it.

And there were the "everyone look busy" shots.

I'd hoped the Hawass show would be fact instead of a dressed up show like the kid's show.

It was... really awful. I hope they yank it soon.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
OK so the last episode was almost worth watching, just to see Hawass completely lose it. I suppose this was his choreographed revenge on ancient aliens theorists?

Scene: Hawass, in a apoplectic rage, towering over his appropriately cowed assistant in a cramped tunnel of the Great Pyramid.

"Aliens didn't built it! Look at that! You tell me aliens built this?"

Somebody please, upload a clip of that scene, lol.

The irony is Hawass' show is on the same network that plays up all those ancient alien theories. Hawass should realize the ancient alien stuff is getting played out, it's becoming downright passe. No sense getting worked up over it anymore, beside we all know the pyramids were really built by Atlantis.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Have to agree with everyone here , it sucked .

The man makes me want to spit .

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I don't think it's possible to be more unlikeable than Zahi Hawass.

Just a doucher all around. Imagine working for this guy.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Ah just deleted it off of my DVR or id upload it for you. I thought it was FANTASTIC him freaking out over the mention of aliens building the pyramids. And to learn that the "interns" are actors? Big Surprise! They are the most unqualified interns, the most stupid of interns I have ever seen. Still I watch to catch him in a lie

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
seen the show once, detested his authoritarian, dictitorial leadership method... perhaps that style works with the poor souls from the Cairo ghettos but its not worth presenting to a informed audience
(unless TPTB are attempting to ingrain that kind of boss behavior as acceptable to the American unemployed masses)

an 'intern' who shows up 45 min. late, and in place of the original intern the Hawass team expected... then getting lost in the step pyramid tunnels after closing...
but being rescued by HawAss, after he finished his late night 'book-signing', and this is the type of supercharged life the mighty HawAss does daily for some 18 hours a day ~or so its implied~

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice the episode (Chasing Mummies: Trapped) where Zahi is helping the girls up in to a shaft and he smacks one of them right on the ass? As the light hits his face hes got this big, dirty old man smile.

That was enough for me to turn it off. Although, I'd definitely like to do a lot more to her than just smacking ass.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

...and the prize for irony goes to...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join