It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange to speak in NYC this Saturday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Founder and spokesperson of Wikilaks is scheduled to speak at The Last HOPE conference in Hotel Pennsylvania, New York City just across the street from Penn Station.

Julian Assange to give keynote address at The Next Hope

Assange has been interviewed on New York City based radio station WBAI by Emmanuel Goldstein's radio show 'Off the Hook" a couple weeks ago..

Listen to Assange on Off The Hook

Less than a month ago, Mr. Assange appeared from hiding and stated that his lawyers advised him to keep away from America..

Mr Assange told the Guardian in Brussels.. "Politically it would be a great error for them to act. I feel perfectly safe but I have been advised by my lawyers not to travel to the US during this period."

Julian Assange Emerges from hiding, advised not to go to the U.S

Still wondering how he's ok being in the U.S.. Isn't he wanted or something?!

edit: link fix
edit: link fix fix

[edit on 13-7-2010 by AlKashif]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
god i hope he is not that simple.
and for the 2nd line... god i really hope he is not that simple.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Maybe he just likes picking up his pay check from the CIA in person?

Maybe?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
If he did manage to "sneak" into the US, speak and disappear again, without being taken into custody it will do nothing but confirm my suspicions of him being a Government asset..

People will say he is using them (the cables)as blackmail for his safety, you are welcome to agree to disagree with me.

I stand ready to take my lashes and offer an apology when the infamous wire cables surface...

~meathead

ETA (the cables) for clarity

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up!

He is a being bit risky no, going against his attorney's advice? Maybe he has some kind of protection under our laws. Or, he is a disinfo agent being promoted to the public.
Should be interesting regardless.

Peace

[edit on 13-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
1) He won't show
2) Via satellite
3) Some sort of wierd martyrdom play / ego-fueled publicity stunt
4) He really is so naive as to believe he will not be detained and questioned

... Take your pick

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by area6
1) He won't show
2) Via satellite
3) Some sort of wierd martyrdom play / ego-fueled publicity stunt
4) He really is so naive as to believe he will not be detained and questioned

... Take your pick

Julian Assange is already in NYC.. He walked into the studio for a talk on "Off The Hook", one of two 2600 managed radio shows on WBAI in New York..

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
more waiting. it seems every time something happens with this whole issue its never definitive. every episode makes this seem more like a soap opera.

im ready to eat my hat if im wrong.

oh magic 8ball, does wikileaks = CIA?

*shakes magic 8 ball*

(all signs point to yes)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AlKashif

The above link is 04/07/10 ... and it's April 7th, not July 4th

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Haha...people are too quick to jump to conclusions...it should be obvious by now the man always has something up his sleeve...lets just wait and see what goes down...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Point is, Mr. Assange has been to NYC and is schedueled to speak this Saturday.. Yet, he is considered a "wanted man" in one way or another..

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by LurkerMan

Haha...people are too quick to jump to conclusions...it should be obvious by now the man always has something up his sleeve...lets just wait and see what goes down...

You know the FBI arrested a speaker at the same HOPE conference in 2006?

Hope Speaker Arrested By the FEDs

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It depends if a European wrote the date.
Heck, ATS is USA based and the dates on the threads here show as DD/MM/YY

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
As has been hinted upon by other ATS members, I think Assange is basically a fraud looking for fame and fortune. I have come to this conclusion after reading 3 investigative articles and a few posts at cyptome.org.

Just going to Cyptome.org and seeing the amount of information posted and kept there in comparison to wikileaks makes me wonder why I didn't realize it before.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dlifesjrny

It depends if a European wrote the date.
Heck, ATS is USA based and the dates on the threads here show as DD/MM/YY

Also depends if below 04/07/10 it says "April 7" ... which it does.

Point is ... I just don't see him waltzing into New York and nothing happening. The people who want to talk to him are not the kind of people who go "Talk to Assange? Oh, that was so last month. We're over it now".

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I wonder about how he travels sometimes. I remember just recently when he "popped up" in Europe after the Pentagon started looking for him, yet he had been in the USA at that time. If you remember he canceled a scheduled appearance.

Still, if some people are to be believed, all he needs to do is put on a Sombrero and some face paint, and the Mexican border is wide open for him to pop in and out of the USA at leisure.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

It does appear to be this month, not April

"The next HOPE convention named "The Next HOPE", will take place on July 16 - 18, 2010."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

I think the idea of Assange avoiding the CIA is a myth started by Assange to make him seem like an enigma. What probably really happened was that the CIA named him as a person of interest and let him stew a while. At this point either Assange or his lawyer called them to cooperate. Or a case officer showed up at his front door.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asperglar
reply to post by area6

I think the idea of Assange avoiding the CIA is a myth started by Assange to make him seem like an enigma. What probably really happened was that the CIA named him as a person of interest and let him stew a while. At this point either Assange or his lawyer called them to cooperate. Or a case officer showed up at his front door.

I'd buy that.

One thing about the guy is he likes the fame and noteriety a little too much. More than releasing the truth, he likes the game of cat and mouse ... as most good hackers do.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

I should add that I hope I am wrong, and that if it weren't for Assange and his high profile I wouldn't really be paying as much attention. So even if I am right and he is a fame-seeking douche, he's still someone what of a positive influence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join