It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange to speak in NYC this Saturday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
His recent actions are not exactly helping his credibility rating.

If he was more like The Lone Ranger, whose only trace was the silver bullet he left at the scene (or in his case - the leaked documents of proof), his credibility who not be so suspect.

Anything except for a live video link from outside US for the conference will certainly lower peoples belief in hime and wikileaks.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
All you guys who have something against Assange are just blowing hot air. Sounds very much like none of you have ever been to wikileaks. Your attacks on him are lame. I am for the first time ever, suspicious that these attempts at discrediting Assange are organised...and paid for. If they are not then they are truly the work of the lazy and ignorant.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
i hope it is a stunt in which he intends and does get taken for questioning and simultaniously releases these infamous "cables",

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What makes that cryptocrome site so credible? How do we know THEY aren't the disinfo agents...we can't be sure of anything, esp considering they released that bogus story that wikileaks was shutting down.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwiffler
All you guys who have something against Assange are just blowing hot air.

Oh...right...but not you! No sir! What is surly to follow this sentence of yours is going to be "fresh air" and hard set truth.

Right? Let us see...shall we?

Sounds very much like none of you have ever been to wikileaks.

Hmmm....

Wow...

Does it sound like I have never visited Wikileaks? Is that why I am not convinced that this is anything but hype/lies and possibly a government ploy to catch whistlblowers and those who support them?

Because I never visited wikileaks?

Yeah...

Sounds more like-

"you visited wikileaks" and just rolled over thinking-

"too legit...too legit to quit"

Sorry...I do not buy it.

And for your information, I've been visiting wikileaks and looking into this for a very long while.

Your attacks on him are lame.

Your blind support for him is "crippling" to your "observational abilities".

I am for the first time ever, suspicious that these attempts at discrediting Assange are organised...and paid for.

Right... because a secret man-of-mystery, traveling with no home or place of residence, no proof of real identity, and nothing more then a passport/backpack/laptop jumping country-to-county with the uncanny ability to outwit multiple countries' intelligence agencies (including the CIA) AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT with nobody catching him-

Seems much more legit...right?

Ok...enjoy your cloak and dagger outlook.

I have reasons to assume this guy "may be fake", including people who have worked with him coming out of the woodwork warning that "Assange and wikileaks is a front for the CIA".

Mind you such reports came out before the Manning capture, and were presented as a "warning" to whistleblowers and supporters alike.

I do not take this as fact, nor do I say Assange is 100% legit (like some foolish types do).

Alls I say is-

Assange/wikileaks seems fishy and impossible to me. I do not see a single man remaining free after releasing "American secrets". You think this is possible...that is fine.

I do like to point out that as soon as Assange was said to have these quarter-million secret diplomatic cables- he disappeared and his site was UNABLE to receive documents anymore.

Funny...eh? Almost like it was captured. No?

But don't worry...Assange made it clear it was because he needed more funding (nevermind anyone could afford a website like wikileaks, even me, and the cash that was needed was reportable 30 bucks)

No, no, no...Assange just needs funding and he will return to save the world... because he is a hero...right?

Sorry...I do not buy your comic-book outlooks on the truth behind Assange.

If I turn out to be wrong, I shall apologize to Assange myself, but I have a feeling that what I suspect will be world knowledge very soon when the truth is released by America.

If they are not then they are truly the work of the lazy and ignorant.

Lazy eh?

Imagine how lazy you would have to be to assume a magical leprechaun is gallivanting and skirting around multiple intelligence agencies, unharmed and untouched, while leaking secret documents to the world that are a danger to many countries' "secrets" and "policies".

Eh nevermind...

But- YOU 100% trust in the guy you are TOLD is the real deal and here to defend you.

You fail to even question that or look at it from any OTHER angle, even for speculative reasons.

Who is ultimately lazy now?

Enjoy your "magical man of mystery".

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Aren't you assuming that said agencies are omnipotent and omnipresent?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Ok, that's it.. I've lost my all my confidence in him now.

"History changing stuff in a few weeks.." yeah right. I'll believe it when I see it until then he's a government asset.

Not getting my hopes up for any real leaks.

*sigh*

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbomb456
reply to post by Mr Mask

Nope...I sure am not.

Are you assuming Assange can poke the CIA in the eye, publish national secrets, AND get away with it while he backpacks across the world?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

reply to post by Mr Mask

Nope...I sure am not.

Are you assuming Assange can poke the CIA in the eye, publish national secrets, AND get away with it while he backpacks across the world?

This is what makes this Assange dude a VERY suspicious person!

Not to mention the haircut..

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

reply to post by Mr Mask

Nope...I sure am not.

Well if something were to happen to him, he would become a martyr for the cause (if he is legitimate), and also how do you know he is not under the protection of other organizations or agencies in opposition or just plain not playing along with the CIA? the point is, we don't know. Really we should not be making any presumptions, mine included.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Any update here? Did he show up?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

According to this story he did not.

news.cnet.com...

There was a lot of disinfo on Cryptome a few years ago so I just figured it was Alice giving away interest cookies. I've never visited the site does Wiki leaks have anything worth sifting through the disinfo for?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join