It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Must Reach our Psychic Potential ASAP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hello ATS, this is my first thread. Very nice forum you have here.

I think that we as a species must reach our psychic potential if we are to make it to the 22nd century with our civilization and knowledge intact. Psychic ability, or psi, must be let in from the cold so to speak. Science must embrace parapsychology. The scientific taboo must be broken so that parapsychological findings can be disseminated throughout science.

Science advances funeral by funeral, and the great thing about science is that sooner or later the truth will win. Therefore sooner or later parapsychology will be validated and humanity will benefit greatly from that. But I don't think humanity has enough time for that. Science must move faster if it is going to help us buff up our collective psi. We must all form a noosphere if we are all going to survive. And we need to form it, like, yesterday.

As a collective state of consciousness, noosphere would have the mind-over-matter psychic strength of all of us. That's a lot. It could use that god-like psychic strength to solve problems that would be unsolvable otherwise, such as climate change and the Gulf oil spill.

Maybe there is a psychic critical mass, and if enough people reach it they might be able to trigger noosphere before it's too late.

www.realitysandwich.com...

I think we have two choices. We can initiate noosphere before global meltdown, or we go through meltdown and as we die, we who are psychic will have a mass NDE and initiate noosphere that way, on the 'astral plane'. I much prefer the former but I suspect we must undergo the later.

So as individuals, we must contribute the only way we can...with our psi. We must 'learn the ways of the Force' as Obi-Wan would say, and that means we must do two things. First, we must become familiar with parapsychological literature. Second, we must intend to reach psychic potential. It begins with intent. If we begin to develop our psi, then when the time comes we will be able to contribute to the noosphere.

Any questions so far?

[spelling errors]

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Student X]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My feelings exaclty. This awakening of the human mind to psychic proportions is what MUST happen, and it's what will happen one way or another. I focus alot of my mental energy into awakening my own powers. I believe meditation, along with halting my intake of soda, and other MSG filled junk, and along with working out and eating right, will trigger the awakening within me.

I know it will happen and it must. My thought process is if i can awaken and prove to others that they can do it to, then we can get this ball rolling. Unfortunetly, everything in our world is designed to counter the awakening of the collective concsiousness. The NWO/PTB know that if they can stop the awakening they can keep control.

Yes, I agree, awakening is the only way. Anything else will lead us down the same path we are already on.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Student X,

Let me first state for you, and anyone else, I believe in psychic abilities. This way you can't label me as some unbeliever, or something.

Now, while I agree that science does need to broaden it's horizons, I am curious as to how you think science can help psychic awareness be elevated?

Science is a collection of measurable observances that can be quantified by datum and empirical evidence.

If you believe that psychic powers can stop Global Warming, or fix the B.P. Oil Disaster, you will first have to prove psychic abilities can be measured empirically.

Can you demonstrate quantifiable, empirical evidence that psychic awareness exists? If so, bring yourself to the seat of "science" and show them what you can do.

Your grand plan won't come to fruition until someone stands up and repeats over-and-over ad nauseum the undeniable evidence that psychic awareness can change our world.

Then, said person has to be able to teach others how to do exactly what they do. Imagine children, the elderly, and religious people like Christians / Jews / Muslims who don't believe psychic awareness is good, because God says it's a sin. You need to convince and teach every one of these people to get your noosphere.

So, got any evidence to start the long process of changing science, and human consciousness?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I believe some people have psychic abilities. However not everyone is cut out to be a Jedi Knight and master the force. It probably would be beneficial to many people to focus more on the spiritual and less on material desires.

As far as science getting involved and being able to make repeated observations, that would be interesting if it could be achieved. That is if it could be proven that some people have certain mental abilities and methods could be taught to improve their abilities. I'm not expecting to see any Jedi Knights in my lifetime though.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by Student X

Student X,

Let me first state for you, and anyone else, I believe in psychic abilities. This way you can't label me as some unbeliever, or something.

OK.

Now, while I agree that science does need to broaden it's horizons, I am curious as to how you think science can help psychic awareness be elevated?

Scientists can elevate awareness by fighting the taboo. Many scientists are interested but they don't speak up because they fear the social stigma. They need to start talking to each other about it. We who are not scientists can help by forcing the topic into the light.

Science is a collection of measurable observances that can be quantified by datum and empirical evidence.

Well yeah but it's also a collection of people.

If you believe that psychic powers can stop Global Warming, or fix the B.P. Oil Disaster, you will first have to prove psychic abilities can be measured empirically.

It's already been proven. Parapsychology measures it all the time, and I do believe that presentiment experiments are easily replicable. But the taboo in science prevents this from being acknowledged.

Your grand plan won't come to fruition until someone stands up and repeats over-and-over ad nauseum the undeniable evidence that psychic awareness can change our world.

Maybe.

Then, said person has to be able to teach others how to do exactly what they do. Imagine children, the elderly, and religious people like Christians / Jews / Muslims who don't believe psychic awareness is good, because God says it's a sin. You need to convince and teach every one of these people to get your noosphere.

I could do that through comparative religion, comparative mysticism, comparative mythology. The info is there, it just takes education.

So, got any evidence to start the long process of changing science, and human consciousness?

Yes there is much parapsychological evidence, but I think it might be too late for that. I don't think there is enough time to wait for the 'old guard' to die off. We need a grassroots social movement in order to help science overcome the taboo against psi. Then it will be in a position to treat the evidence fairly and to help humanity develop stronger psi.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Student X]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I believe some people have psychic abilities. However not everyone is cut out to be a Jedi Knight and master the force.

Not everyone is cut out to win The Masters but most people can play golf if they try.

As far as science getting involved and being able to make repeated observations, that would be interesting if it could be achieved. That is if it could be proven that some people have certain mental abilities and methods could be taught to improve their abilities. I'm not expecting to see any Jedi Knights in my lifetime though.

Scientists could get involved and they could make repeated observations of psi in the lab...if they wanted to. Psi is already proven many times over but the problem is that scientists just don't read parapsychological journals. The taboo against psi is too strong for that, and too many scientists look to skeptic organizations, such as JREF, to tell them what is going on instead of reading the journals themselves. Skeptic organizations are not scientific organizations and should not be allowed to serve as a 'middle-man' between science and parapsychology.

Of all the branches of science, parapsychology is the only one that has non-scientific "skeptic" organizations actively trying to obscure it. Those organizations need to be taken out of the picture, so that mainstream scientists don't have a 'middle-man' between them and the parapsychological evidence. This bizarre situation doesn't exist with any other branches of science and it must not be allowed to continue. Scientists must be forced to confront the parapsychological evidence directly and any taboo preventing that must be overcome.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Student X]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hi I just thought I would contribute my two cents.

I believe everyone has their own unique ability. I am under the impression that there is a reason why certain people have certain gifts and that there is a degree of science to it. From my own experience I can say that psychic abilities are defiantly inherited biologically. My best friend is an empathic and her father is as well. As well my own non biological mother has certain gifts that her mother has as well and both her brother and father share the gift of a calming influence.

The only thing I find that science can't explain is the connection I feel to other psychics. After becomign more aware of my own abilities I started talking with my friends i trusted most I noticed all of them had abilities that they not only acknowledged but developed. I believe that as humans we are already forming this new acceptance and bond.

In essence I think the embracing of science and parapsychology, and all the sciences in general can in fact broaden our horizons it wont solve global issues, like the BP oil spill or global warming. Instead it may help us become attuned to nature again and act as a preventative of such things happening again. Its only a matter of time before science will evolve to accept the possibility that there are psychic abilities that cannot be fully understood but are acknowledged to be real. Much like the acceptance that earth is not the center of the universe. Sometimes the human mind just can't handle that truth yet.

Xiamara

top topics

join