It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking designs alien creatures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
They may not have the blue-tinged good looks of the Na'Vi or the healing powers of ET, but the latest aliens developed for a new documentary have one thing on their side: Stephen Hawking.

The Nobel Prize-winning physicist has designed what he believes extra-terrestial creatures might look like in a documentary series to be aired in Australia this weekend.

The creatures were conceived with hostile extra-terrestial environments in mind, including planets colder than -150C, salty oceans underneath layers of ice and giant gas planets with no solid ground.

Hawking, 68, spent three years developing the theoretical alien creatures for the documentary mini-series Into The Universe, which airs on the Discovery Channel this weekend.
news.ninemsn.com.au...

Personally I don't care how smart or how many awards Hawking has won...

We simply know so little about our own world let alone others, to come up with this stuff.

I just read another thread where creatures were found 180M below the ice. A place where NO life should exist. And yet these guys want to tell us what life on other planets may be ???

I think science is slowly getting more and more into the realm of fantasy and we are supposed to believe their view...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
wow
nothing like I imagined

and he made them seem so
unintelligent

what a let down

but thanks for posting

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
weird ...
I didn't know he was a theoretical alien designer

It's a rerun...
The Vampire Frogs were scary

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Three years of your life down the pan Stevie boy thoses aliens are rubbish

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hey - that was actually pretty cool. I was expecting some ID4 alien-type beings coming from Hawking...

But yeah, I can totally see non-intelligent life looking like that.

And that poor vacuum-mouth creature - when that flying gecko thing landed on it and tried to eat it. That poor thing reminded me of my pet rabbit when my little parrotlet flies on him. My Rabbit responds just like vacuum mouth!

Anyways... Good stuff! And I'm usually in disagreement with Hawking - how he says that ET would be bad news for us.

But then again, the more I think about it, the more I can see where he's coming from.

^^^ Ahahah - that thing is funny!

You guys can hate on this all you want. I'm digging it.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by impaired]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Agreed, but like I said, what do we really know about life???

Could be silica based and breath CO2..Who knows...

Maybe not need to beath at all...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This reminded me of a lion hitting a land grazing animal. These kind of people get so many awards and doctorates or something...... and there is always a check attached. Why? Poor comic book guys are getting screwed.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Wait till we get people who lash out at him for creating aliens.
HES A PSYSICIST NOT A BIOLOGIST THEREFORE HE CAN'T HAVE AN OPINION ON THIS GRRR

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The woman in the video says he's won a Nobel peace prize. I guess if Obama can win one, anyone can.

Seriously, if he's won any type of Nobel prize, you know who he works for...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
The woman in the video says he's won a Nobel peace prize. I guess if Obama can win one, anyone can.

Seriously, if he's won any type of Nobel prize, you know who he works for...

He hasn't won any sort of Nobel prize.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I dont think he has won any Nobel Prizes....

So he's still clean

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Seems you are right. Even though the woman in the video said that and the article states:

The Nobel Prize-winning physicist...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Seems you are right. Even though the woman in the video said that and the article states:

The Nobel Prize-winning physicist...

Alot of people assume he's won a Nobel Prize, just because of how famous and respected his work is.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
still looking, wrong article.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by DirtyGirl]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
This is new on the web,

Neil Turok, an authority on mathematical physics, said “the door is open” for Hawking to join him permanently at the Perimeter Institute in Waterloo, Ont., which has received $600 million in funding.

Here is the link

www.canada.com...

Looks like Hawking is moving

The 66-year-old scientist is looking at an offer to move to Canada after attacking the British government for carrying out “disastrous” cuts in science funding totalling $160 million.

Colleagues say he believes that government policy is making Britain the home of “dull science.”

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyGirl
This is new on the web,

Neil Turok, an authority on mathematical physics, said “the door is open” for Hawking to join him permanently at the Perimeter Institute in Waterloo, Ont., which has received $600 million in funding.

Here is the link

www.canada.com...

Hooray for my home country!
I also saw that link you posted earlier about 45 million in scholarships for post doctorals in Canada, another step in the right direction.
To fuel scientists is to fuel the future in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

It still was not the article I was looking for but I will keep looking, but it is almost 4 in morning and must get rest. I have been on this site alot in last 4 days (probably more) because of heat wave then alot of rain.

Old article. 2008 I apologize to everyone. Still looking for the one I originally was talking about though.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Oh my godness me 3 years of time and god knows how much money to come up with that yet another way to waste money to fulfil agendas that we aren't privvy to, when will it stop?

I am lost for words, are we really supposed to watch the video and say, "oh well done Stephen Hawkin, thanks for showing us what 'alien life' can be on other planets" I mean come on, I am not an artist but I am pretty sure I could come up with something like that in less than 3 flicking hours let alone 3 flicking years!!

The more I read about Stephen Hawkin the more I am convinced he is another piece of the chess board.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by franspeakfree]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join