It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with the moderator Star Trek thing? (er..uhh..Western...Gangster...70's shows thing)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
[size=10]NERDS

No, Trekkers.

And watch it...Even if I'm not a Mod & don't use a Trek Avatar, I happen to be one of "them" too...

I notice that most of the new Trek Avatars are from the newest movie...The one that "reboots" the Star Trek timeline right back from "square one." I've already seen it several times & wouldn't mind seeing it several more times.

The biggest problem is that the movie has rendered my entire collection of the original series videos obsolete...

Beam me up, Scottie. The only intelligent & civilized life on this planet congregates at ATS, so we need to prepare a First Contact Team.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Viral advertising?

Maybe they are aliens!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Out of a rather simple question comes a rather entertaining thread

Glad I joined in the fun...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

Nah....fear not:

The biggest problem is that the movie has rendered my entire collection of the original series videos obsolete...

That movie has a HOST of problems (for purists like myself) that are covered on one of the BTS threads on the topic...in meantime, though, chalk it up to the concept of parallel universes, bubble universes; Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations!!

**Oh, and biggest flaw? (can't resist)Enterprise in drydock on the surface...way, way wrong!!
Obviously just a scripted, and clumsy, product placement moment. Know what I mean, on the Corvette's dashboard...?)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
meh, Star Trek is soooo yesterday.

Other things have meaning too, if you think about it long enough.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
For those that didn't care for DS9 you didn't hang in there long enough. The first couple of seasons stunk but the Dominion Wars was some of the finest writing of ANY ST.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I totally agree...

By the way is your avvy from Westworld? Thats kind of dating yourself as well...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
DS9 never drew me in, I tried many times to watch it when it originally aired, but something about it never drew me in, I was drawn more to Enterprise than DS9, even watched that show till it was pulled from the air.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

Older than Westworld, although that was a good movie too, this is actually Yul Brynner as Chris Larabee Adams in The Magnificent Seven. Although I would have rather had him as Sabata, which is one of my favorites.

And Westworld was released in 1973, which makes it a bit younger than I am.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Thanks,

He did play the cowboy quite a bit, I forgot about M7. Now I gotta go rent it, he just never ages...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

So true, let's head to the long branch saloon, beer's on Festus

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

whiskey and a beer sounds good right about now.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Cmon now your messin with me. Do I need to start a "Why the mods are now western characters?" thread.

I maintain what I said at the beginning this is hilarious!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Im loving how the avatars are changing from startrek to wildwest, both of which are cool, i wanna be a saloon girl!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Star Trek, why ATS, what ever do you mean ?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's getting hard to keep up with you guys

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

Im loving how the avatars are changing from startrek to wildwest, both of which are cool, i wanna be a saloon girl!

How about Lili Von Shtup?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Oh man, where's it gonna go next?

I only just loaded up my 'Data and the blue screen of death" gif today and now we're all going western...

What's next, the Simpson? Clangers? Wombles? or 70's glam rock artists?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Aww shes cute, I already have one tho, this is me a couple of years ago in Oldtown, Florida, we were a tad drunk and decided to go to an old time saloon where they dressed us up and took pictures

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

ROFLMAO

That is a cool avatar, where did you find that blue screen of death animation?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join