It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoD lifts lid on unmanned combat plane prototype

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

MoD lifts lid on unmanned combat plane prototype

news.bbc.co.uk

Named after the Celtic god of thunder, Taranis is the first step in the development of unmanned strike aircraft, capable of penetrating enemy territory.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
i dont think this has been posted yet i did a quick search, so delete if neccesary.

anyway this machine looks like a beast, and explains a story i read on ats, a while back, matching this description. looks like this will be making manned planes obsolete

the fox news link has some decent pics

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That thing looks so cool. The shot featured in the article makes it look like one sexy UFO.

im not sayin, just sayin...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It's aircraft like this that are more than likely the cause for the vast majority of UFO's people claim to be extraterrestrial. When you create a craft such as this it can be considered a disk shape from certain angles. Also, the fact that it is unmanned there are very little limits to the speed and types of maneuvers it could pull off.

The limiting factor to nearly all of our craft in use today is because it has a pilot sitting inside it. Take the pilot away and the crafts capabilities are nearly limitless.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Why is the bbc news picture silver and the fox news picture black?

And why is the beeb stating it will be controlled on the ground and fox saying it is self controle?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Why is the bbc news picture silver and the fox news picture black?

And why is the beeb stating it will be controlled on the ground and fox saying it is self controle?

Because the military over-simplified, didn't provide enough information, or just straight lied.

They're never going to show us all the technology and capabilities they really have, and what it really looks like or how it really works.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
hey wait a second is this a secret hidden message against Canadians? Able to penetrate enemy Territory. We have territory instead of states.

Still I wonder if it will ever make it off the ground. What with the American dept being so high, and the end of America in sight (not my words), oh and the Nibiru/end of the world/2012 going to happen. Its only going through its test flights in 2011. Perhaps its test flight will be war with Iran?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'll take 3 please!

As an Aircraft Mechanic, I have to say, "That beast is a looker!!"

Man that thing is beautyfull!

And the icing on the cake is that a pilot nolonger needs to be put in harms way. I love it.

Way to go guys.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anubis9311

You do realise this is a British UAV not an American one right?

If you read the article..

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLV12

You do realise this is a British UAV not an American one right?

If you read the article..

Don't worry, the U.S are involved in this project. (Lockheed Martin)
I can't tell you how I know, but I do know.
You'll just have to take my word for it, sorry.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Maybe this is what has been flying round the countryside over here crashing into wind turbines.....

MR

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well one of the early prototypes definitely had a "bump" into the Winter Hill mast near Bolton, aswell as the crash upon SnaeFell on the Isle of Man a few years back in which a Triangular UAV craft was downed in bad weather.

Not to mention the infamous Goyt Valley 737/Black Triangle near miss around 1995. You can be sure the MOD wants to keep incidents such as these under wraps, especially when it concerns exotic materials way more advanced than those used on the earlier manned Stealth Vehicles.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD49

Hi there,

yes i can confirm this as a few of those took place whilst i was working for QinetiQ in the UK. there was also another crash in the Western Isle`s test range up in Scotland, as far as i can recall it was 1999.

i am still working for QinetiQ but am now currently in Portugal, working on VERY small UAV`s.

Snoopyuk

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Anyone seen stealth the movie? looks just like it.

Anywho, third gen UAVs. pretty sweet, Iran's still working on gen 1

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Actually all of the military equiptment we sold you guys over the years, has a secret "blackbox" that allows us to trigger a canister of BC's finest to vaprize and cause your troops to get massive munchies. Then we sweep in and make the "Big Can" our 51st state.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Some US fighters have components made in Europe. That doesn't mean they aren't US fighters.
There might be some US involvement in this British UAV, but it is still a British UAV.

top topics

join