It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody Draw Mohammed Cartoonist finally on terror hit list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It took almost 3 months, but Molly Norris, the Seattle cartoonist who started a movement that May 22nd was to have been an "everybody draw Mohammed day" was just placed on an execution hit list by terror leader cleric Anwar al-Awlaki.

I posted a thread back there here on that original story.

The concept as a whole went viral, and my thread then had 231 replies. A facebook page of hers was also overloaded with responses. She later stated she didn't mean to cause a stir, and was only urging Americans as herself to use their First Amendment rights to free speech and freedom of the press.

She finally pulled her support for the idea.

The FBI has told Morris the threat is real and credible. Terror experts say the threat may well be aimed at trying to recruit more Western youths to their terrorist ways.

Source 1

Source 2

I still have to say, like I did before, if she allows this to affect her work, then no matter what else happens, the terrorist win.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The initial idea behind her concept for all to draw Mohammed came from Comedy Central's censoring of Mohammed from a South Park show.

There was a rant by this guy a month ago about this, but only a small amount of it was released, and it was possibly thought to be fake. The full ravings of this lunatic came out yesterday and now it's believed this is a very real threat to her.

These people have nothing to do with religion by the way. It is just a means for them to push their own radical concepts about the world onto other people.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
These whackjobs, let me repeat whackjobs are only left with scare tactics
to subdue thoughts and emotions against practices that denigrate women & the common good.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
so let's have an "everybody draw................... your weapons" and defend this woman from fanatics day.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

No, that means they win.

I didn't listen to Cat Stevens for years because he agreed with the fatwa on Salman Rushdie.

They use fear as a weapon because they are stupid little children, unable to control themselves so they want to control others. Hopefully the cartoonist will be able to rise above the idiots, and that we as a nation can keep her safe.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Anwar al-Awlaki is a chunk of scum.

The "religion of peace" is at work again and anyone using it as an excuse for murder can bite me.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

They are using a 3,000 year old set of rules to continue to try to push their warped sense of justice and beliefs on people. I'm not knocking all of Islam, just those who use terror to accomplish their mission.

There are many others today doing the same thing though....

As Roger Waters once sang..."terror is still terror, whosoever gets to frame the rules."

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Sort of on this same topic, but mainly in reference to question of how is she supposed to protect herself. I'd like to see gun control advocates try and explain one good reason why she should not be allowed to carry a gun at all times now...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hey remember when the Christians used to burn heretics at the stake?
and witches, and other kinds of christians, and blasphemers...
and anyone who gets in the way of there territorial offensives?

Hell according the the Christians the Jews killed Jesus because he disagreed with them....

And you are worried about some guy who is probably just like that perlman guy who got caught making those videos pretending to be Osama Bin Laden....while his father worked for the ADL

Fake Al Qaeda Actors EXPOSED! Adam Gadahn & Yousef al-Khattab

www.youtube.com...

edit to add LOL!
the guy is a FAKE

no wonder Netanyahu's shrink committed suicide - he was surrounded!

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
Sort of on this same topic, but mainly in reference to question of how is she supposed to protect herself. I'd like to see gun control advocates try and explain one good reason why she should not be allowed to carry a gun at all times now...

Those gun control advocates will be pushing for the ultimate personal safety weapon..."Wasp Spray".....

An Excellent Alternative to a Handgun

Though I would recommend a nice little Glock .45 with a laser sight.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Actually, I think I'm going to invent a Corexit "mace" spray. Useful for those close encounter situations......

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
They can kill Van Goh, because that didn't happen in America. No offense to the Dutch, but Americans are tougher.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
So, what is the difference between a terrorist organization declaring that this woman be killed, and the US government carrying out "extra judicial killings" on foreign soil?

Why are so few Americans demanding that their CIA stop murdering people without any evidence or even explanation, while so many are decrying the terrorist intention to assassinate her?

Just being devils advocate here.

Seems incredibly hypocritical to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

To paraphrase what I said a few post ago terrors still terror no matter who it is doing it...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Islam just sucks.

It's like a virus that goes into a system and tries to patch the system against any outside threat, but the payload itself takes over a lot of resources and is pretty destructive.

People don't like MY religion. They rant and rail against pagans ALL the time, so I know how it feels. It's not a mortal wound for someone to put down your religion - HELLO? Even sweet little Kathy Gifford calls us nasty, dirty pagans.
That's better than calling dogs nasty and dirty and shooting them. To me.

I don't have much bad to say about any religion...but I don't like Islam.
Just don't. Think people are really shut minded to get into all that.

Whatever. To each their own, but you know,some people just can't be to each their own. They want to own everyone.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Hey remember when the Christians used to burn heretics at the stake?
and witches, and other kinds of christians, and blasphemers...
and anyone who gets in the way of there territorial offensives?

Hell according the the Christians the Jews killed Jesus because he disagreed with them....

And you are worried about some guy who is probably just like that perlman guy who got caught making those videos pretending to be Osama Bin Laden....while his father worked for the ADL

Fake Al Qaeda Actors EXPOSED! Adam Gadahn & Yousef al-Khattab

www.youtube.com...

edit to add LOL!
the guy is a FAKE

no wonder Netanyahu's shrink committed suicide - he was surrounded!

Not this again?

Hey remember when the Christians used to burn heretics at the stake? and witches, and other kinds of christians, and blasphemers... and anyone who gets in the way of there territorial offensives?

I guess you must have Forgotten the brutally done by the ottemen empire and the brutal methods used by Ottoman forces?

its very well recorded, Armenian Genocide was caused by the same radicals whom are running in bosnia and other middle east Countries

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
If she were my neighbor, even if I hated her, I'd be looking out for her, and I'd have a gun or two myself. I do. But I mean - I hope her neighbors do.

The price of freedom has to be paid at times by the populace too.

I hope that idiot that put that hit out on her isn't an American, if he IS, I think the police should be picking him up. You don't do stuff like that here.

I don't like the RADICAL pro-life mindset myself, but I wouldn't want ANYTHING to happen to anyone with I simply because of their belief. I value their right to their opinion, because it's the same right that lets me have mine.

new topics

top topics

join