It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Democrats Jumping Ship: Dem Governors Say Obama's Immigration Suit Is 'Toxic'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Democratic governors expressed "grave" concerns to White House officials this weekend about the Obama administration's suit against Arizona's new immigration law, warning it could cost the party in crucial elections this fall, The New York Times reported late Sunday.

The closed-door meeting took place at the National Governors Association in Boston on Saturday, according to two unnamed governors who spoke to the Times.

As November nears, more and more Dem's are distancing themselves from this administration and their policies. Now with the recent Governor convention, the Democratic Governors all agreed on one thing...Obama and this administration suit against Arizona is TOXIC.

TOXIC, is a pretty strong word. They used such a word, because it literally is Toxic for the Dems to be recognized as being on the same team with those who would sink as low as this administration to sue a State in the USA for protecting its own borders. A State who's recent immigration law is supported by the majority of the US population and many other states following in the same path after AZ.

Yet the POTUS and this administration continue to go against the majority of the US voices once more, just like they did with the HCR, The taking over of Student Loans, The taking over of the Auto Industry, The taking over of the Banks.....

The Democrats are not united in their stance, with November approaching and watching sinking approval ratings in polls after polls...they are worried. Just today bumbling Gibbs came out stated that the Republicans can possibly win both houses.

These are the same individuals that used every derogatory word known to vilify the TPM and the conservatives. Now they are turning on themselves like a circular firing squad.

Keep the Pressure Up on these Loony Toons.

Source

[edit on 12-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
How much longer will the disrespect of the US Constitution be allowed. Obama has an agenda and it doesn't include individual rights. The moderate dems are starting to wake up, hopefully it's not too late!
Could you please add a link? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Great thread. I cannot wait to go vote in november. I already started practicing. I made up some fake ballots with a big D next to peoples names and then whatever name I put next to it that doesnt have a D I choose it.

You know I recently came to the thought that the Democrats and Obama are trying to not get reelected this November. I mean why else would you go so far out of your way to piss of the American people.

Maybe they figure the whole thing will come crashing down in a few years and the less Democrats in office the less it will look like their fault.

Ahhh, who am I kidding. I am just being paranoid. Democrats just think they know what is right and figure we can all go to hell for not patting them on the back for controlling our lives, wasting all our cash, and redistributing what little wealth we have left.

I heard someone say that Liberalism is a mental illness. Now, I dont know if it is that or just a complete lack of understanding of finances, human nature, an unrealistic world view, and a giant ego.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by ZuluChaka]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xizd1

Soz, forgot the source.

And their constitution burning routine is only lasting up until November. Since 2008's election, a mass awakening has happened. Its sad we needed a Tyrant to be placed into office with his cronies for that to have occurred, but at least it did occur.

Since 2008's elections, only 17-20% (depending on the poll) of the American public consider themselves as belonging to the Democratic party.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yeah and you can bet that 17-20% are on some form of government assistance or another. LOL!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Myself, I am not voting either Democrat or Republican this November. I am going to look, if they have been in office, time to vote them out and let someone new take the position and am encouraging everyone that I know to do such, that way it will let the politicians know not to get too comfortable, cause they are not going to remain there for more than one term.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka

Great thread. I cannot wait to go vote in november. I already started practicing. I made up some fake ballots with a big D next to peoples names and then whatever name I put next to it that doesnt have a D I choose it.

We see a lot of statements on here just like this one and it makes me want to rip my hair out. Just because someone is NOT a democrat does not make that person a good choice.

How is this for an idea.... actually take the time to know the candidates!! Look into their voting records, check into their background, find out what they actually stand for.

Choosing strictly by party lines is just as foolish as thinking a politician is NOT lying to get elected!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You know I totally agree. I was just putting a little dramatic effect in there. Did you really think I sit around my house making fake ballots to practice? Dont you think that would be a tad nuts?

I always do my research before elections, and I rarely vote straight Republican. Heck, I voted for Clinton and Ross Perot.

Also, I realize that Progressives are on both sides of the aisle, and I will never vote for a Progressive regardless of party.

However, I will not vote before I vote for a Democrat ever again. Voting for a Democratic candidate is about the same as voting for the Communist Party. They have proved that to me beyond a doubt in the last year and a half.

top topics

join