It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UK "UFO" type War Plane!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just saw this on Yahoo UK.

Creepy looking thing i think...reminds me of the cyborg in battle star galactica.

So this is what my hard hours of labor have contributed towards?
What a waste. It serves nothing but to protect me from that which i no longer fear.

The money could have been spent solving many of the worlds problems.

Anyways thought you govt ats technology boffs might fancy a gander

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think thats awesome! Apart from the complete destruction it can rain down on you and the fact it can only be a destructive piece of kit not creative you've gotta admire the tech in this. Doesn't say if it's a drone or piloted though or anything about the propulsion - it says jet speeds but not jet engines?

[edit on 12-7-2010 by markygee]

[edit on 12-7-2010 by markygee]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Im glad my hard earned tax money has helped develop this.

It makes me proud to be British.

I can think of a million and one ways in which the money is spent in a less productive way.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. There hasnt exactly been a lot of fanfare over it has there?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, I'm just happy that in this day an age we are still capable of producing our own cutting edge equipment without the US. Don't get me wrong, we value them and they us, but it's good to have your own independent production capabilities.

Another link:

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 12-7-2010 by AR154]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I bet they've already tested it.....

crafty!!

now I know what hit the turbine last year!!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Very cool indeed

Those things would be very useful in a war, unmanned bombing capabilities, undetectable by radar, yep very cool

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I wonder why it's named after the god of thunder??

I wonder how it uses energy/fuel

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
We are celebrating the creation/evolution of the future army that will be used to enslave humanity. In man's never ending quest to improve his machinations of death he will one day succeed.

Some see amazing technology, I see fate fast approaching.

This is what my Signature line is all about.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Nice plane...

Just looking at the enlarged photo, does anyone know what all those rows of pointed things in the foreground are? Looks a bit odd. I thought at first it's a whole lot of short-range missiles being lined up, but probably not.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Or maybe some sort of security?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
as people clearly havnt read the article - or done any basic research - i wil fill in the " gaps "

to quote from the articles headline :

It may look like the stuff of science fiction but this unmanned jet could be the combat craft of the future.

bolded to highlight the freaking obvious

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AR154
Well, I'm just happy that in this day an age we are still capable of producing our own cutting edge equipment without the US. Don't get me wrong, we value them and they us, but it's good to have your own independent production capabilities.

Another link:

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 12-7-2010 by AR154]

Sure, as long as it doesn't use Lucas electrical components.

In all fairness, I can see UFO reports increasing if this contraption hits the skies.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

hi - the " pointy things " are IMHO part of the test cell its being photographed in - you can see the same material on the wall behind it

i suspect its radar absorbant material for testing its RCS [ radar cross section ]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I believe this is what I was refering to in my first ever post (sorry im new ) Satellite interceptors are also used in this sort of plane, comms is my area & electronic warfare is a big thing for the future, undetectable this plane is ideal to hover invisibly & quielty above satellites & interfere with our comms if used against us

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Like others

I am so glad I went out to work for the past 15 years so we could build a fancy radio controlled aeroplane. And 2 years of that was working for Smith's Aerospace (worst job ever and before I started reading on ATS).

Great isn't it when TPTB get you to pay for your own death.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
lets hope the software to run this thing is foolproof. i do remember several months ago an article on the news about a certain warring faction purchasing control equipment to effectivley hijack uav's in afgan airspace.
if and when that conflict ends, all this tech will no doubt be used to patrol our very own skies to protect us from ourselves. in 2003 i saw a tractor tyre sized object skoot dirctly over my gaff about 10m higher than the chimney. it made a kind of fluttering sound and was travelling north to south approx 40mph. as a regular watcher of the skies, if i notice any tech i usuall go for a jolly to find point of origin. in the back of my mind i think wouln't it be cool to find one (probably impossible) and strip it down.
regards fakedirt

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777

This has been posted several times already.......
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

In the UK such unmanned aircraft flights are governed by the CAA rules. They are permitted to fly over a part of Wales, Boscombe Down and a part of Salisbury Plain. It is likely tests for this particular aircraft (like BAE Systems' Mantis) will be conducted in the Woomera test range, Australia.

It may sound good and add an air of mystery, but it is doubtful that UK UCAV's are merrily flitting around. People who think a secret military aircraft hit a wind turbine a while ago are ignoring the facts! It did not happen - there was no wreckage. It was as the experts said - a faulty turbine.

Nice aircraft. It is only a demonstrator. Will the UK field such aircraft within the next decade? Hope so.

Regards

top topics

join