It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ROFL - I gotta have more "Wake Up" Threads!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

But careful, that sounds dangerously "asleep"... TPTB may get you...

Just messin'

Now hang on a minute.

TPTB, what the heck is that, I was certain it was TSTB...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have a read of that thread for an explanation

Enjoy it too

Edit to add: Wake up!

[edit on 12-7-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Hello people, I have decided to post you some information on something that is, at this present moment in time, terrifying me.

ROFL.. who talks like that? "Ok Master Yoda"...

I am, at this present moment in time, terrified of that thread... and TSTB.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
LOL! This guy is a fool!
And not a very funny one either, but also made some good points, so
. He has laid out his motives for life fairly clearly and I respect that. There are a few things I find interesting (to say the least) though.

He said he loves his beer, video games, mcdonalds and bumpin his hiphop in his truck, wants a big house and beach house, likes to brag about his beautiful wife... that pretty much sums up a lot of who he is, doesn't mean he won't change, doesn't mean he his bad or neccessarily selfish but considering his OP, it sure seems that way. I can't lie, I love (or rather loved) hiphop, so much so I became a producer and started my own label with some talented artists 6-7 years ago. I loved making money and buying material things, so much so I went from hustling on the streets to opening my own clothing businesses, and bought crazy things like designer clothes/bags for my girl and all sorts of gadgets and video games for my self. I loved my family life, so much so I wanted to save up and buy a big old house, nice cars and maybe even a boat and spoil my girl and her kids. But things change, and at some point I realized that even though all of that stuff was fun and pleasing, it didn't ever truly satisfy me, and I just wanted more and more, plus it was leading me to bad lifestyle tendencies and unhealthy thoughts of what reality is. But, becoming "awakened" or beginning to find a path to "enlightenment" has started to satisfy me and make me a far better person.

You wake up smell your wife's hair, drive to work bumpin your Roots or Tupac (hopefully not Gucci Man
), work a full day, come home turn on the A/C, crack a beer and play some vids, wait for food to be cooked and maybe play with your kids... sounds wonderful! But you also probably drive passed the same type of people/places where hiphop originated from (poor/hoods), bumpin your hiphop in your truck, and never think to give back or create change for the same thing that is giving you joy. You also probably constantly judge others (while watching TV or driving in your truck or while your out having fun) for their position in life, looks and/or character, which is not healthy for them or you. You also probably put high value on material possessions, which only equate to temporary satisfaction, and is also not healthy. And you also said you love beer and mcdonalds,
, which obviously ain't healthy.

So anyways, I agree with your assessment that people need to take these thoughts to the next step, which is action. But I also understand that not everyone has found direction, not everyone went to Harvard or came from a wealthy family, and not everyone has it in them to be a MLK. But thinking seriously and talking about these issues is the first step, and even if they never find a way to change any of these things, they at least might inspire and/or help someone else to do something with the knowledge they contribute. That is why I like this site, and although some people are obviously here for attention (cough* sound familiar?), there are others who when they speak of "enlightenment" and wanting to "change the world" are actually contributing way more to this world than they will ever get credit for and are perfectly content with that. They are perfectly content on living in small apartments instead of large houses and reading books instead of watching a big screen TV, because they have made the decision that society cannot define them and that things need-a-changing.

Thumbs up
for all your success and future successes brother, but as Marvin Gaye sang "Brother, brother, brother, there is far to many of you dying...WHATS GOING ON!?!"

[edit on 12-7-2010 by LifeIsEnergy]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

You wake up smell your wife's hair, drive to work bumpin your Roots or Tupac (hopefully not Gucci Man ), work a full day, come home turn on the A/C, crack a beer and play some vids, wait for food to be cooked and maybe play with your kids... sounds wonderful! But you also probably drive passed the same type of people/places where hiphop originated from (poor/hoods), bumpin your hiphop in your truck, and never think to give back or create change for the same thing that is giving you joy. You also probably constantly judge others (while watching TV or driving in your truck or while your out having fun) for their position in life, looks and/or character, which is not healthy for them or you. You also probably put high value on material possessions, which only equate to temporary satisfaction, and is also not healthy. And you also said you love beer and mcdonalds, , which obviously ain't healthy.

LOL, actually every friday I go to a local grocery store and pickup 3 cart loads of their baked goods and deliver them to the local Youth club (serves poor and disadvantaged kids in the area). I also run their website pro bono.

My wife and are founding members of a new church here in town and we're about to cut the tape on the new building we just finished. I'm co-chair of our missions team that leads up most of our outreach programs.

What's important to me is eternal, but that doesn't mean I don't just love some of the everyday stuff that is supposedly "crumbs from the table".

I'm a big proponent of

Be the change you want to see in the world.
- Mahatma Gandhi

I didn't come from money (actually I came from the whole "broken home" thing), but a little bit of wit and a lot of hard work still go a long way.

And by the way... as lil' Wayne says: "What the @!&# ya'll talking about? Cuz we the only thing worth talk 'bout" - that is to say yes, I'm an attention whore. An enlightened awake attention whore at that thank you very much!

My truck is so white boy... no gansta to it. .. I look pretty ridiculous actually.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by gncnew]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

LOL, alright I like you a lot better now,
. Don't be such a smart ass though, no one knows you on here! Have a good one brother!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

You should like me... I am VERY likable... LoL...

Being a smart ass is just fun sometimes.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join