It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

ROFL - I gotta have more "Wake Up" Threads!

page: 1
4
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I was responding to some one over on at post about how we all need to "Wake Up" and how this super awesome YouTube video was going to help.

At first I was annoyed, then I was smiling, but after I was done reading through the thread I was honestly belly laughing.

I need more of them. I need this kind of comic relief in my life. You guys that have the keys to reality locked up on YouTube videos and obscure books no one buys are the best.

No - seriously. The world is just so depressing sometimes and life can be so heavy... without you I would honestly forget the everyday belssings and gifts we have.

Without you guys I wouldn't remember that the big commercial evil government TPTB commie control aliens have given me little wonders that just make life pretty dang AWESOME!

Air conditioning.... love it. The $1 McDouble... little heart attack in a bag - LOVE IT!


Listening to hip-hop and rap in my truck too loud... fun stuff.

Playing video games while drinking beer and explaining why I'm looking around for the "secret" treasure chests to my nine year old - Makes My Day!

Waking up next to my wife and smelling her hair (washed with all those mind control shampoos!) ... brings a smile to my face.

--------------------------------------

Look, all I'm saying is that life sucks - and it rocks. Get over your bizarre self and quit assuming there is some mystery that is yet unsolved just waiting for you to unlock.

But don't quit yet because I'm still needing that good laugh you give me.


[edit on 12-7-2010 by gncnew]




posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I just have one question for you.

Why on earth are you a member at a place like ATS?



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
I just have one question for you.

Why on earth are you a member at a place like ATS?



The Real Reason:

To feed a ravenous superiority/inferiority complex by demeaning others.

Or, to put it even more simply, he needs to put others down to feel better about himself.

What he tells himself:

As entertaining as the above convoluted block of emotional-kick-back-text was it may have simply been more succint for him to say "I'm here for #s and grins." Done.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew
 


I would be interested to have you come back on Thursday and post a similar message, in this thread, once you have moved into the the next phase of the cycle.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Guys, look. I'm on here because there is an incredible amount of intelligent discussion here.

There are things that I read about here that I probably wouldn't find anywhere else.

I am not demeaning anyone in particular - just posting my opinion about some of the recent threads surrounding the assumed mass hypnosis.

I would love to see some of them go against each other. It seems like every other day someone's got a video or a book and they post a link to it with "YOU HAVE TO WATCH - WAKE UP PEOPLE"

I think that sometimes we just get all caught up in ourselves and forget that we really are just grubby little crumb crunchers and there is no "enlightenment" achieved through this goofiness.

Call me practical but I just don't understand the point of all this enlightenment if all you can get for it are some stars and flags and maybe a ham sandwich.

Show me something I can actually apply to my life - something that can make a difference - something with some meat on the bones rather than the picture of food....

Alas, I'll just keep getting cheap YouTube vids though eh?

Like my avatar says - It's a jungle out there, how about something to help live in it... not just more gypsy magic talk about how the jungle is actually a cardboard cutout that will topple in the face of TRUTH!

[edit on 12-7-2010 by gncnew]



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew
 


The question for you my brother is if there was an alternative, say a path to enlightenment would you choose to walk it?

If you answer yes be prepared to let go of your current world view.
Enlightenment does not attach itself to many of the concepts you describe. It is not about self help books or videos either. It is in fact a sacred and ancient art form of self realisation. It is when you awaken to the truth that everything you think you are is not who you are. It is when you realise the only thing you are is the blank canvass and that the society and world you live in has put program upon program on top of your canvass so much so that you no longer know your true essence.

Being enlightened is about reconnecting with this true essence of who you are. It is as much about shedding the ego as it is about a deep interconnectedness to all living things.

We all have our own paths and sometimes if our hearts search for it a light comes your way to guide you onto a road that is hard to walk but one which holds rewards that free you, your mind and your spirit.

You can choose to ridicule other posters who are on this journey but by doing so you only ridicule an aspect of human nature which still contains our last elements of hope for the creation of a better world for our families and children.
If you ever do decide to venture into unfamiliar territory please let me know and i will give you some valuable links from which you can start your journey of self discovery.
Peace and blessings.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Let's not denigrate the OP, but pity him...

Pity him, because he is our fellow human and our brother, who had descended to live happily with scraps from the masters' table which he calls blessings when he is equal to everyone else, and yet not realizing it.

Pity him because even should he realizes it, he accepts his life status and let himself, his family, relatives and friends be downtrodden by the masters without fighting back, and sought laughter as way out of his self imposed sense of surrender predicament in place of hope.

Pity him, for even when one can only show him the cheese and where it is, yet he refused to move towards it. No one owes anyone a living and each live his life and his choice with the attendent consequences. He seeks instead for handouts.

Alone I cannot feed anyone, not even myself, for I am insignificant and a nobody. But when together as one, each contributing their talents and skills, we will be able to feed everyone and leave none behind.

Each needs to play his part. And that part begins with discussing and debating with family, relatives and friends to seek a better course for humanity.

We no longer live in the barbaric age where a few swords would solve most problem, where the survival of the fittest rule. Thanks to our enlightened forefathers who gave us all the sacred Constitution, where not a word must be tampered with or changed, as it speaks of universal and timeless truths, we the masses have the power of the vote to change or impeach. Rationality and logic must rule and it begins with you and me.

But pity the OP, and may he continue to find happiness as each day his freedom erodes around him and stills remain silent to adapt to circumstances he thinks is beyond him alone, the way a frog would be boiled to death by adapting to heat.....



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
inadvertent shill is inadvertent.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Let's not denigrate the OP, but pity him...

Pity him, because he is our fellow human and our brother, who had descended to live happily with scraps from the masters' table which he calls blessings when he is equal to everyone else, and yet not realizing it.

Pity him because even should he realizes it, he accepts his life status and let himself, his family, relatives and friends be downtrodden by the masters without fighting back, and sought laughter as way out of his self imposed sense of surrender predicament in place of hope.


I'll stop here because that's where you misunderstand me ENTIRELY!

I dont feel like I'm accepting any kind of "master". I realize that I'm equal to all in the world - not one among them is greater than I.

Sure some are better at certain things than I am - but I am pretty awesome in my own right.

However - I recognize the pure truth in decision. I choose my life. I have chosen to work 8 hour days instead of 12. Thus I make less money than someone who's chosen otherwise.

I have made the decision to accept my life as it is and call it happy because I actually am happy. Air in my lungs, food on my table, a family that loves me, work that challenges me...

What else do I want for? Why should I seek to look behind a curtain that may not even exist when what I desire is right here?

How about this - be careful what you wish for... you just might get it. Seeking an alternate reality or an "enlightened" reality could very well lead you to point where you realize you just suck.

The "masters" are not keeping you down - your own lack of ambition and desire are. All life (human life anyway) is really nothing more than the result of our efforts. Men are built by their desires and more importantly what they are willing to do, or not do, to achieve those desires.

I desire to own a beach house - but I'm not willing to work 2 jobs to have it. Someone else is - and they do.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit777
reply to post by gncnew
 


The question for you my brother is if there was an alternative, say a path to enlightenment would you choose to walk it?

If you answer yes be prepared to let go of your current world view.
Enlightenment does not attach itself to many of the concepts you describe. It is not about self help books or videos either. It is in fact a sacred and ancient art form of self realisation. It is when you awaken to the truth that everything you think you are is not who you are. It is when you realise the only thing you are is the blank canvass and that the society and world you live in has put program upon program on top of your canvass so much so that you no longer know your true essence.

Being enlightened is about reconnecting with this true essence of who you are. It is as much about shedding the ego as it is about a deep interconnectedness to all living things.

We all have our own paths and sometimes if our hearts search for it a light comes your way to guide you onto a road that is hard to walk but one which holds rewards that free you, your mind and your spirit.

You can choose to ridicule other posters who are on this journey but by doing so you only ridicule an aspect of human nature which still contains our last elements of hope for the creation of a better world for our families and children.
If you ever do decide to venture into unfamiliar territory please let me know and i will give you some valuable links from which you can start your journey of self discovery.
Peace and blessings.


Very interesting take. Is the fact that we are self aware already a tragedy though?

What if our loss of innocence is just that: knowledge of good and evil. Knowledge of self and self realization is ego. Existing for what you were meant to be and not what others want you to be is enlightenment in my eyes.

Personally I'm saddened that I am self aware. To be more like a child that will dance when they want to, speak only the truth, and to know only that purpose for which they were made.

That's enlightened... the real programming of this wold is that we are self aware. That we are aware of ourselves in this world and how the world reacts to us.

What I work towards is becoming the person I was meant to be through less self-realization and more purpose realization.

What's behind the viel? Who cares. My job is to sweep the streets.



If you are called to be a street sweeper, sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.'

-Martin Luther King Jr.

He was enlightened.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew
 


I will admit gncnew, your posts are a bit mysterious.

To see at first you as a person that would get annoyed at other posts on ATS that talk about waking up to a reality, and then to see you as a person who seems to advocate self awareness is strange.

two, although it is no mystery, you want a life of purpose, considering realizing purpose was mentioned as the person you are meant to be.

three, I agree there ARE some bizarre conspiracies on ATS, some that even just flat out make me laugh like you, but to laugh at all of the ones that encourage people to wake up is a bit strange, considering even a sheep would have to give some of them merit.

You talk about people worrying too much about their lives and the lives of others, and encourage them to just sit back and enjoy themselves. I don't think there is a problem with people enjoying themselves, and I'm not one to judge, but it just sounds selfish. Granted* if everyone enjoyed themselves, who would need help? But everyone doesn't enjoy themselves - and that's a reality that's not too alternative. The attempts members have about sharing awareness may seem like a harsh truth or false, depending on what side of the fence you are on, but spreading clarity is in my eyes, a way to spread comfort in people's lives, only because they know the truth.

Not to bring in the cliche of "the truth shall set you free", but honestly, isn't that not what you tried to do in this thread? by yourself spreading your truth, wasn't it in part an attempt to just open people's eyes from the enjoyment of your conspicuous ROFL?



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew
 

Hi, gncnew.

For the fun of it,
tell us what food you eat,
tell us what TV you watch?
and you won't have to write again

you misunderstand me ENTIRELY!

. . .if you tell us, we WILL know and understand !

EDIT to add:
I have read the answer down under, and I
UN-SUB from this place.

Blue skies.


[edit on 2010/7/12 by C-JEAN]



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew



How about this - be careful what you wish for... you just might get it. Seeking an alternate reality or an "enlightened" reality could very well lead you to point where you realize you just suck.

The "masters" are not keeping you down - your own lack of ambition and desire are. All life (human life anyway) is really nothing more than the result of our efforts. Men are built by their desires and more importantly what they are willing to do, or not do, to achieve those desires.

I desire to own a beach house - but I'm not willing to work 2 jobs to have it. Someone else is - and they do.


Your this 2 phrase alone shows how confused and one sided you are. Is wishing for the ideals of equality, progress, justice and prosperity responsibly by each individually awakened would 'suck' as you termed it?

Does one's lack of ambition means one should be enslaved by greedy others so that they may enrich themselves at the expense of others, and as the example you brought up, lived in beachhouses, while others live in tents, fed with scaps and are fully expendable at the whim and commands of masters when all humans or beings created by our common Creator are all equal?

Awake my brother....there is more than meets the eyes least I end up truly pitying you for the 'adaptable' frog you had became....

May you continue to 'put food on the table and be delusively happy with laughter' as others awakened stand up on your behalf to implore the TPTB to be rational in its approach to humanity where none gets left behind, when you too should have responsibly stood up as a fellow human, if not for yourself, but for you family, relatives, friends and next generations.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Great post OP!

I do understand both you and the ones that oppose you
Everyone needs to find its own path of personal growth, no question about it. But Living your life is one of the most important aspects of life.. Not only the search for the right path. There is no assurance that you will find it.

So next to exploring your destiny, live the present, you may die tomorrow.


Originally posted by gncnew
I desire to own a beach house - but I'm not willing to work 2 jobs to have it. Someone else is - and they do.


I hear they will become cheap next to the GOM



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass
 


Hilarity ensues on your last comment about the cheap beach houses...

Insensitive? Perhaps

Funny? Absolutely



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous
 


There you go getting all mature and grown up again... my hypocrisy does drippith from this thread, but that's completely beside the point!


It's not so much "Enjoy Yourself" as it is "Get the hell up out the chair go do something hommie!"

Dont just look for the path all day - start walking. Sharing truth for the sake of sharing truth seems so... futile.



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN
 



Hi, gncnew.

For the fun of it,
tell us what food you eat,

Lunchmeats... only processed lunchmeats.


tell us what TV you watch?

Reruns of HeeHaw, only thing worth watching brother


and you won't have to write again

you misunderstand me ENTIRELY!

. . .if you tell us, we WILL know and understand !

What? I think something is getting lost in the translation.


Blue skies.

What if I told you that those skies are actually black but that there is an invisible layer of chemicals held down by earth's gravity that actually distorts the light coming from the sun to give the impression that sky is blue...

would you then feel more "awake"?




posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew


Dont just look for the path all day - start walking. Sharing truth for the sake of sharing truth seems so... futile.



Futile to you whom had irresponsibly and selfishly given up hope of change which begins with you and me perhaps,and dependent on handouts and charity, but not for others awakened.


[edit on 12-7-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   



posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101


Futile to you whom had irresponsibly given up hope of change which begins with you and me perhaps, but not for others awakened.


Circular arguments do not a point make my friend. If I tell you a piece of truth that you can do nothing with, will not change your actions, and will only provide you with some confounding impossibilities... have you gained or lost?

Now, if we're just talking about being entertained - well hells bells, I'm all for it!

But then again - that was the point of this post wasn't it...


If you wake up in your bed in the morning and just sit there all day... have you really achieved anything above sleeping all day?

NOPE. You were just "awake" for it.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join