It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says Iran moving closer to nuclear weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Russia says Iran moving closer to nuclear weapons

ca.reuters.com

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said on Monday that Iran was moving closer to having the potential to create nuclear weapons.

"Iran is moving closer to possessing the potential which in principle could be used for the creation of nuclear weapons," Medvedev told a meeting of ambassadors in Moscow.

The statement, which comes after a row with Tehran over Moscow's support of sanctions against the Islamic Republic, is one of the first times the Kremlin has recognized in public that Iran may be moving toward a nuclear weapon.

The United States and major European Unio
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Now why would Russia come out and say this?

My guess is there was more than meets the eye around the whole "spy scandal" and that maybe Russia has been 'encouraged' shall we say to come out and say this. Now don't get me wrong Russia does what Russia wants but i think they are much more 'onboard the band-wagon' against Iran and the nuclear issue than say China.

Personally its fascinating to watch all the chess-pieces coming into place, especially over the last month or so. IMO we are building up to some sort of showdown or crisis in a month or two over there.

Off-course i could be wrong and Russia could be playing the West while secretly backing Iran. I don't know but it makes for a good discussion.

ca.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Newsflash - America DOES have nuclear weapons.

And we've used 'em.

Get out of the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

Indeed and so does Russia but thats not really the point of this discussion without meaning offence.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Iran is moving closer to possessing the potential which in principle could be used for the creation of nuclear weapons

Mankind did that the day he moved out of caves.

i trust Russia more then i trust america but to me it's starting to look like Russian is try to pull the same stunt they did with poland and Hittler back before WWII realy got started.

if Russia have been bribed to do the dirty on Iran then i hope this blows up in their faces big time.

was i the first to say the exchange of spys last week looked more like two lovers swaping chocklates with each other or was it someone else.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

Yeah i definitely agree that there is alot more to the spy-scandal thing than was reported.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here we go! Now it's time to amp up the let's demonize Iran bit. You know the elite sociopaths are just chomping at the bit to attack Iran. So now here begins the propaganda from the ministry of truth through the back door and out of Russia....allegedly.
Honestly I counted about four new threads on ATS this AM, all chining in the elitist propaganda, just servin it up fresh for the sheeple. The question is are YOU part of the sheeple? No, I didn't think so or you wouldn't be here on ATS. Because you, like me can see through the BULLS$$T. You know a turd before you step in it. You can smell it. Unfortunately some people, have to pick it up and taste it to confirm that it is in fact a turd. Some of these poor slobs even eat it, because they believe what they hear on T.V. Maybe Katie Couric has subliminal messages set right at her tits, so we will be sure to see em. I actually think that she doesn't show quite enough, do you? I mean lets quit all of the horsesh$t and just do it. Katie Couric in the nude, doing the news.....or what ever the hell you want to call it. AND get that stupid desk out of the way! Sorry I can't watch Brian Williams nude...if you can..hey ... rock on.
Done with my little rant, sorry I said TITS, I hope I didn't offend anyone. No this wasn't anti-woman or anti-gay, I LOVE everybody. I'm sure the corporate news media bastards will have a nude news channel that will cover the tastes of everyone. Like Tony Soprano said-"I'm just sick and tire of all the fuc$$ng BULLSH$T"
So let's just say what we mean...We the corporate elitist bastards who control the world are going to kick the snot out of Iran, because we like wreaking havoc and we like killing. It's what we like best. We like to manipulate the asleep sheep, because we can and it's so much fun. And the Biggie...we love money and power..can't get enough...never will be enough...and we are just plain mean,dirty bastards....

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

...comes after a row with Tehran over Moscow's support of sanctions against the Islamic Republic...

How old are these people? Childish games. Nothing new here, Russia. Carry on.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Where is the outrage at Russia ATS'ers?? I mean come on?? The Ruskies are now saying Iran is close to developing nukes? Surely thats just a big bold face lie!! Only the US says stuff like that-not the high and mighty Russia.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
russia wants war and they want it soon. lets say before the end of this year?!

the thing is that no matter how far russia moves from iran, by the end of that war they would probably be fighting along side the iranians.

china and russia will stick by iran, its just a game and for now they will trick the world into thinking that iran is alone, but shes not.

the iranians dont want nukes, they want war too. everybody wants this coming war as each side think they'll profit most.

the muslims think it will hasten the return of the mahdi.
the jews think it will bring their messiah
the christians think it will bring jesus
the chinese want to become the next super power
f*ck knows what the russians want but they probably want to control europe.
satan and his little elites want to bring a satanic nwo where there is no god.
zionist want to bring their saviour and force the whole world to worship him as god.

the whole point is that war is coming, and this war will be big. you have a bunch of mad men trying to fulfil ancient prophecies.

iran doesnt want nukes nor energy, iran wants a reason to attack and invade israel through iraq, and syria.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Spot on..... now stand by to be vilified by others, S & F's by me though...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The wording is so diluted, it reads like quote mining through Medvedev's entire speech, the MSM trying to put a western spin and bias on what Russia is saying.

..moving closer to possessing the potential which in principle could be used for the creation of nuclear weapons...

Moving closer... to possessing the potential.... which, in principle, could be used for the creation of nuclear weapons.

In other words, they don't possess the potential to do so yet, but they're moving closer to having the POTENTIAL to, in PRINCIPLE (ie in theory, NOT a sure bet) be able to make bombs.

Agree with above, the statement is so general it could apply to mankind leaving behind cave-dwelling and taking up agriculture.

Like I said, sounds like total quote mining. They are doing nuclear research. For energy purposes. That alone can ALSO fit with the quote, forget Iran doing anything nasty with nukes. It's not going to happen.

1) Iran doesn't have nukes.
2) There is nothing but annoying, Zionist-inspired MSM hype to show they're even TRYING to produce nukes.
3) There is NOTHING to indicate they would ever use them, mainly for reason #1.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I dont understand the process we "the US" are going threw here..
what are we waiting for?
them to start a nuke war so we can engage?
Someone could seriously say to me that we don't really know what is going on in that country ALL the time??
Bullsh#t.!!
so why,. this game of waiting??
anyone??

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Of course the Russians are going to say this,
they helped with raw parts and some of the
technical know how along with China's missile
Technology & delivering systems.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klaatumagnum
Here we go! Now it's time to amp up the let's demonize Iran bit. You know the elite sociopaths are just chomping at the bit to attack Iran. So now here begins the propaganda from the ministry of truth through the back door and out of Russia....allegedly.
Honestly I counted about four new threads on ATS this AM, all chining in the elitist propaganda, just servin it up fresh for the sheeple. The question is are YOU part of the sheeple? No, I didn't think so or you wouldn't be here on ATS. Because you, like me can see through the BULLS$$T. You know a turd before you step in it. You can smell it. Unfortunately some people, have to pick it up and taste it to confirm that it is in fact a turd. Some of these poor slobs even eat it, because they believe what they hear on T.V. Maybe Katie Couric has subliminal messages set right at her tits, so we will be sure to see em. I actually think that she doesn't show quite enough, do you? I mean lets quit all of the horsesh$t and just do it. Katie Couric in the nude, doing the news.....or what ever the hell you want to call it. AND get that stupid desk out of the way! Sorry I can't watch Brian Williams nude...if you can..hey ... rock on.
Done with my little rant, sorry I said TITS, I hope I didn't offend anyone. No this wasn't anti-woman or anti-gay, I LOVE everybody. I'm sure the corporate news media bastards will have a nude news channel that will cover the tastes of everyone. Like Tony Soprano said-"I'm just sick and tire of all the fuc$$ng BULLSH$T"
So let's just say what we mean...We the corporate elitist bastards who control the world are going to kick the snot out of Iran, because we like wreaking havoc and we like killing. It's what we like best. We like to manipulate the asleep sheep, because we can and it's so much fun. And the Biggie...we love money and power..can't get enough...never will be enough...and we are just plain mean,dirty bastards....

Um, yeah, that made no sense to me at all.................................

and now........., line 2

[edit on 12-7-2010 by modelerX]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hmm.. Wonder how much the u.s paid russia to join the u.s anti-iran campaign...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AquariusDescending
The wording is so diluted, it reads like quote mining through Medvedev's entire speech, the MSM trying to put a western spin and bias on what Russia is saying.

..moving closer to possessing the potential which in principle could be used for the creation of nuclear weapons...

Moving closer... to possessing the potential.... which, in principle, could be used for the creation of nuclear weapons.

In other words, they don't possess the potential to do so yet, but they're moving closer to having the POTENTIAL to, in PRINCIPLE (ie in theory, NOT a sure bet) be able to make bombs.

I would suggest everyone have a read of this ATS's analysis here, as he/she has hit the nail on the head.

This is absolutely western MSM deliberately distorting Medvedev's words.

Indeed, even without the pathetic war mongering twist it is interesting for him to say what he has said to the public.

Little by little folks...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Mmmm, maybe a promise to consider recognition for Abkhazia and South Ossetia?

More pipeline/nuclear contracts after the bombings?

Or maybe cold hard cash.

One never knows, until it comes out on a PBS special, 20 years from now.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Don't worry though I'm sure princeofpeace will be here soon to derail this entire thread and spew his self-righteous crap.

IMO this comes at a suspicious time over the highly publicized spy-swap

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410

Now why would Russia come out and say this?

Easy...... once you realize that Hollywood isn't just a Neighborhood in Los Angeles.

They are all in it together, each Countries Leader only to happy to kiss the hand of the Pope.

We are all being played, in their great Game.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join