It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says Iran moving closer to nuclear weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

is one of the first times the Kremlin has recognized in public that Iran may be moving toward a nuclear weapon.

That is pretty stupid comment lol..

If you have the potential of creating a nuclear weapon doesn't mean you will. There is a difference between peaceful nuclear technology and nuclear weapons.

That is idiotic the least.

Iran is against WMD, Khomeini the supreme leader calls it HARAM.

More BS which tries to justify future Iranian attack, or even the division of the region.

Russia chose the words carefully, because this way no one will ask Russia to provide evidence, that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons. Although that is what this statement is suppose to propagate.

Very nice choice of words by Russia.

But most of us are not fouled by it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm a little bit surprised this article didn't start off by saying, "Reports circulating in the Kremlin today state...."

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by jonny2410

is one of the first times the Kremlin has recognized in public that Iran may be moving toward a nuclear weapon.

That is pretty stupid comment lol..

If you have the potential of creating a nuclear weapon doesn't mean you will. There is a difference between peaceful nuclear technology and nuclear weapons.

That is idiotic the least.

Iran is against WMD, Khomeini the supreme leader calls it HARAM.

More BS which tries to justify future Iranian attack, or even the division of the region.

Russia chose the words carefully, because this way no one will ask Russia to provide evidence, that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons. Although that is what this statement is suppose to propagate.

Very nice choice of words by Russia.

But most of us are not fouled by it.

You seem to be forgetting pal, that Iran supplies all the weapons to the Muppets that keep firing rockets into Israel and killing people there with suicide bombers.

So how can Iran be a peaceful Country based on all this proof of their idiocy?

Nothing else to say really except I wouldn't trust Iran one inch, like most other countries in the World at the moment! Lies, lies and more lies to the UN, need I go on?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here's some more on what Medvedev had to say about Iran's nuclear research programme:

Iran advancing in nuclear research - Medvedev

From the link:

Iran advancing in nuclear research - Medvedev

The Islamic Republic “is getting closer to possessing the potential that in principle can be used to create a nuclear weapon,” Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has said.

Medvedev added that breaking up the dialogue with Tehran would become “our common failure.”

“It is time to finally abandon simplified approaches to [the Iranian nuclear problem],” Medvedev said on Monday at a meeting in Moscow with Russian ambassadors and permanent representatives, Interfax cites.

However, the Russian head of state noted that possessing such potentials is not prohibited by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty which “is one of the problems” arising from the imperfection of international regulations.

Medvedev has reiterated the stance Moscow has long been pursuing: sanctions hardly ever lead to positive results. However, he went on, there is a point in imposing sanctions and that is sending “a signal which stimulates the negotiating process.”

“We should now be patient and resume the dialogue with Tehran as soon as possible. That is, we believe, the key goal of the new UN Security Council resolution on Iran,” the Russian president said.

If diplomacy misses a chance for resuming talks with the Islamic Republic, “it would be a common failure of the entire international community,” Medvedev stressed.

Meanwhile, “Iran is not acting in the best way,” the Russian leader noted. Moscow is constantly calling on Tehran to show openness and cooperate with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). He noted that the so-called Group of Six international intermediaries has an even bigger responsibility.

Russia's ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin was at the meeting with the president and told RT that he hopes diplomatic efforts over Iran's nuclear dispute will be renewed soon.

The Western media and the warmongers concentrate on just "Russia says Iran close to nuclear weapons!" But read between the lines, read the article, and we may actually be seeing Russia trying to make Iran not step into any trap laid by Israel and to co-operate diplomatically so as not to enable Israel a ready-made excuse to attack.

Note the stressing of diplomacy, and how breaking dialogue with Iran was a "failure", but how Iran is not "acting in the best way." perhaps Russia is worried that Iran is doing exactly what will make them fall into Israel's trap.

Russia saying Iran is close to nuclear weapons can be seen from different viewpoints.

One, that Russia is towing the Israeli-US line because it's getting something out of this support down the road in geopolitical and geostrategical terms. The so-called capture (or giving up) of those Russian spies, some of whom amount to glorified lobbyists, may do much to support this school of thought.

The pro-Israeli lobby in Moscow is certainly building in strength, hence the believed suspension of selling the modern SAM systems, S-300, to Iran.

The Second school of thought, that Russia is supporting Iran, is not supporting Israel and the US, but by supporting sanctions and suggesting in agreement with the US and Israel that Iran are close to nuclear weapons nonetheless, are recognising an oncoming crisis and are trying via the diplomatic route to stop Israel and/or the US from attacking Iran by trying to appear co-operative in the so-called diplomatic route so there is no ready Israeli and/or US excuse to attack Iran.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Yes, Iranian's constantly show that they are just a "peace loving people"
by chanting "death to America" every Friday after their prayers for the last 25 years as this video from 2008 demonstrates:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

If the US hadn't overthrown Mossadegh in 1953, after having previously carved up the region into "spheres of influence" along with other western powers, in the 1920's, then gone on to create the SAVAK secret police, which was trained by the CIA and was involved in the torture and killing of thousands, not to mention the installation of the puppet shah, who oversaw a regime every bit as brutal as saddam husseins, maybe they wouldn't feel the need to shout slogans.

Guess what - If someone had done that to my couuntry, I'd probably hate them as well.

As a UK citizen, I understand fully why they call us "the lesser satan" - and after some of the things this country did, it's pretty hard to argue with their assessment.

So in your own interests, and to look less silly, it might be wise to find out WHY they hate the US and UK so much, but have little or no problems with other countries.

The US stance against Iran is, as ever, about money.
Iran no longer trades for oil in dollars - the US doesn't like that, so they want to install yet ANOTHER puppet government so that they can go back to making cash and exploiting the resources of others.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by budski
"So in your own interests, and to look less silly, it might be wise to find out WHY they hate the US and UK so much, but have little or no problems with other countries."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply by manta78
You mean Israel is a friend of Iran's?
Who is looking silly now?

And according to this article, France is now considered an enemy of Iran:

"Iran says its enemies deserved to fail in World Cup"

Wednesday, 30 June 2010 .TEHRAN (Reuters) - The elimination of England, France and the United States in the early stages of the World Cup was a just reward for their ill-treatment of Iran, its foreign minister said on Tuesday"

Source: www.iranfocus.com...:iran-says-its-enemies-deserved-to-fail-in-world-cup&catid=4:iran-genera l&Itemid=26

[edit on 13-7-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I said "other countries"

Do you hear the cries against France at rallies?

No - and they even sheltered the Shah for a while.

You can try and distratct from your ignaorance by attempting to mock others, but in the end, all you do is show your lack of knowledge about the region - every man and his dog know that when it comes to Israel, the US and Israel zionist regime are one and the same thing

[edit on 13/7/2010 by budski]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

You said:

"So in your own interests, and to look less silly, it might be wise to find out WHY they hate the US and UK so much, but have little or no problems with other countries."

And the U S and Israel are two different countries, no matter how
you feel about the relationship of one of our allies. We are here to deny ignorance remember, and you are now back pedalling by failing to include them as one of the enemies of Iran. Why not just admit you made a mistake instead of trying to cover it up with a philosophy?

I am guessing that France will soon be included in their Friday after prayers meetings chanting at some point in the future, since they are now considered enemies.....lol.

I know more about this region than you are aware of.

You misspelled "ignorance" by the way.....hmmm

[edit on 13-7-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

You seem to be forgetting pal, that Iran supplies all the weapons to the Muppets that keep firing rockets into Israel and killing people there with suicide bombers.

So how can Iran be a peaceful Country based on all this proof of their idiocy?

Nothing else to say really except I wouldn't trust Iran one inch, like most other countries in the World at the moment! Lies, lies and more lies to the UN, need I go on?

1. I thought Hamas rockets were home made lol..

2. Iran doesn't deny or lie about support for Hamas, nor do I. Hamas has legitimacy in regards to resistance against Israeli aggression. It makes Iran peaceful/just for supporting Hamas, hence the Palestinians have been suffering under Israeli apartheid rule for over 60 years now, they have been kicked out, they have been murdered, they have been raped, they have been depleted of their basic human rights, they have been blockaded, they have been divided, their movements have been restricted, Jewish settlements have been built over their land, a wall has been built, all their precious resources are sucked by the Jewish settlements. If Palestinians didn't fight, they would have ended up like Jews under the Nazi regime.

So once again, Iran is "just", in supporting Palestinians.

3. It is a peaceful country based on the fact that it hasn't invade Afghanistan and Iraq, and based on the fact that it hasn't attacked any country since the revolution, and based on the fact that it hasn't broken 100's of international laws, and treaties, unlike Israel, and based on the fact that ....

4. Why don't you trust Iran? Have they lied before? Like the US lying about Iraq war, and proven that they intentionally lied to you, to gain support for an unjustified war?

5. I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but here we go, where is the evidence that Iran is pursuing, or aiming to gain nuclear weapons?

6. Is it a source of pride to own 5000 nuclear weapons buddy?

7. Ahmedinejad said it better than me, so listen to him for once, instead of your lying, decieving leaders in washington who are doing the dirty work of Israel:

"The age of the nuclear bomb, the worst and ugliest weapon known to man is over. We reject atomic weapons both in moral and practical terms," Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in a press conference in New York on Tuesday afternoon.

DO YOU THINK HE IS LYING?

"We believe those who build, store and use nuclear weapons to threaten others are committing the ugliest deed of all," he added.

Tell me if he is incorrect in his judgement.

"Just two bombs created that atrocity in two Japanese cities. Now do you think it is a source of pride to own 5,000 new generation warheads with greater destructive potential?" he asked.

Tell me if he is incorrect in his moral standards.

He also commented on remarks by UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon about the need for Iran to" restore trust within the international community on the peaceful nature of its nuclear program."

Ahmadinejad said if the UN headquarters were in Tehran and Iran held veto powers at the Security Council, Ban would not have spoken as he did on Monday.

Tell me if he is incorrect in his insight of UN and its unequal standards..

I have nothing more to add, your turn, don't forget to bring evidence.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I already did housecat-about 8 posts up or so.

Originally posted by Nomad451
Don't worry though I'm sure princeofpeace will be here soon to derail this entire thread and spew his self-righteous crap.

IMO this comes at a suspicious time over the highly publicized spy-swap

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
U.S probably holding the 10 Russian spies in custody. Interrogating them, then probably forced to speak out the truth. Frankly I don't know whose side Russia's on? But had the feeling that they are almost playing with the U.S. Good cop bad cop.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Oh, dear

You said:

Yes, Iranian's constantly show that they are just a "peace loving people" by chanting "death to America" every Friday after their prayers for the last 25 years as this video from 2008 demonstrates:

have you been at every mosque in Iran every friday for the last 25 years?

In regards to this I posted this:

If the US hadn't overthrown Mossadegh in 1953, after having previously carved up the region into "spheres of influence" along with other western powers, in the 1920's, then gone on to create the SAVAK secret police, which was trained by the CIA and was involved in the torture and killing of thousands, not to mention the installation of the puppet shah, who oversaw a regime every bit as brutal as saddam husseins, maybe they wouldn't feel the need to shout slogans.

Guess what - If someone had done that to my couuntry, I'd probably hate them as well.

Now regardless of your ignorance on the subject, the FACT remains that Iran is a major trading partner with many countries, including China and Russia (who supplied the know-how and the fissile material to build the reactors)

Throwing Israel out, and France as well (although France remains a major trading partner) is the elephant in the room.
It is deflection and obfuscation.

With regards to your assertion that Iran is not a peacefull country, how many wars have they started in the last 20 years?

How many sovereign nations have they invaded on the flimsiest of pretexts?

How many countries have they supplied arms to? (and if you say palestine, provide proof)

How many governments have they tried to overthrow?

How many threats have they made against other countries?

How many DEATH SQUADS do they have operating across the globe?

How many countries have they illegally sold nuclear technology to?

The US has done all this and more - and yet you would have everyone believe that Iran is the aggressor?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join