It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] 5's FTP login UN and PW discussion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'm still searching for the username, but I've taken a considerably focused look at the note and several other pieces of information. Then I decided that the note itself was supposed to tell someone else the login info, and the info was hidden in it. So I read it as blaitantly as possible looking for a line that would reveal a username or password.

For now it is need-to-know...

That line really stuck out at me. I think Cerebrus's comment on 5's "cleverness" was supposed to distract us into reading between the lines, when I actually think the info was ON the lines, right in front of us.
I feel very strongly that either the username or password (more likely the password) is "need-to-know".

I'll continue searching for other info. But the wording on that one was just too odd to ignore.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
dude obviously you payed no attention whatsoever to hunt_admins warning

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think the question comes down to, are we supposed to access the ftp site or not? If we are, then we need the username and password. If we are not, well, it should be obvious.

If we are, then we will have to solve clues in order to log in.

If we are not, why did the ftp site get mentioned in such a blatant manor and the lack of username/password information?

And besides, Greyhaven has made no mention of hacking, just using the clues to find the password, if its needed.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I do not think that it is considered hacking to sit there and guess sernames and passwords even. It will probably never be solved that way. But, if you put on certain programs to hamper with the system or with brute force, then that is considered hacking.

Otherwise, one wrong guess of a password would be hacking.
One is clearly outside of the game boundries.....

[edit on 15-6-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
guessing pws and usernames is brute forcing. a method USED by hackers. hacking if finding and using exploits to your advantage. now finding a pw in a clue somewhere is perfectly fine but note wat i said in my other thread. do u think he would give his username and pw to all of his clansmen? i dont and unless they all have there own username and pw for the ftp hell need to lower it for them to have this transaction so thats when we need to strike. just an idea. and yes im reposting it so i dont get questions about where i first posted it.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
TWO MEMBERS BANNED
A warning was given:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Discussion of unauthorized computer access (ftp access to a computer you are not authorized to access) is discussion of hacking and will not be tolerated. No such activity will ever be officially part of this event.

Warnings were given, and ignored. Bannings were applied.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
hunt Admin i think it would be best u lock this thread to avoid further discussion of the h word and so on.

top topics

join