It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: Only US military threats can stop Iran from making nukes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Netanyahu: Only US military threats can stop Iran from making nukes

rawstory.com

By David Edwards
Sunday, July 11th, 2010 -- 10:44 am

Diplomacy and sanctions won't stop Iran from building a nuclear warhead, according to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

"There has only been one time that Iran actually stopped the program," Netanyahu told Fox News' Chris Wallace Sunday. "That was when it feared US military action."

The prime minister agreed with CIA Director Leon Panetta that sanctions would "probably not" stop the Iranians.

But Netanyahu wouldn't say whether he
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Do you get the feeling that Obama and Congress are not the one's who are running the US? I had just completed a thread of an Arab diplomat's comments of US military intervention of Iran, and now I stumble across this article of Israel's PM also calling for US military intervention, or at least the threat of it.

But of course when Netanyahu was pressed about a nuclear free ME his response was predicatable

The prime minister was also cold to the idea of participating in an U.N. conference on a nuclear-free Middle East.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wow I'm glad you found and posted this.

I read this VERY thing this morning on some obscure site that looked kind of shady to me but couldn't find any other references to that line. I was floored at even the thought of him saying it and was wondering where it came from.

Netanyahu is pushing for war BIG TIME. He has been for over 15 years. I rue the day he got re-elected. The U.S. damn well better stay out of this or there will be HELL to pay. Real hell.

This is a scary man. Seriously scary and dangerous. And he's aligned with the neocons. I believe Obama is resisting this manipulation, and Netanyahu is feeling it. Thus the bigger push on his part this week, since their meeting.

This is where I first read it this morning. From India.

[edit on 7/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I just happened to stumble across it myself and did a quick search thinking that someone had already posted it but hadn't that I could see. I was surprised. Rawstory is usually a pretty good source, but as you said there are some pretty shady sources out there.

You're right, Netanyahu has been pushing this agenda for a looong time, and there seems to be more voices echoing in the ME on this to go along with him lately, including Arab diplomats, well one anyway. This is actually one thing that I do agree with Obama on, and that is use diplomacy first. And sanctions whether they are right or wrong still beats rushing into anther war head on.

In my opinion, one of the problems with Israeli politics, and I would say you have noticed this too, is they always have the same people running the show and only change offices from time to time. I think that has a lot to do with why not much changes there.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Let that Zionist piece of trash fight is own damn war. I'm disgusted how they've turned us into their little bitch and meat shield.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
With patriot missiles in poland and tomahawk cruise missiles off of china i feel like obama is moving around all of his chess pieces. he is def gearing up for something. Its almost like he is trying to deter attacks from other nations that would resist us from attacking Iran? I think so.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Da Man6

To be fair, he could also be trying to avoid it. I'm almost positive the military is advising against getting into it with another country. We can draw a lot of assumptions, but the truth is we really don't know.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thats interesting. I def think our military heads DO NOT want to get into another war. But who controls our military? A civilian at the highest level does. And that civilian has not been to endless class hours on military doctrine... If the military had their way we would have never been in Iraq. If you do enough defense reading you will find that really all the generals want is more tanks and planes. The war is eating away at their inventory and is actually leaving us more vulnerable.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Da Man6
With patriot missiles in poland and tomahawk cruise missiles off of china i feel like obama is moving around all of his chess pieces. he is def gearing up for something. Its almost like he is trying to deter attacks from other nations that would resist us from attacking Iran? I think so.

Tomahawk cruise missiles off of China?

It has been a long time since any administration has dared to not obey the Israeli Zionist Cabal. If Obama somehow actually tells Netanyahu, "NO". I will have deep respect for him, because whether people recognize it or not the Israeli government is the shadow government, their operatives control our finances, governments, politics and news.

This is the key indicator of how Obama actually is, can he ignore the biggest push by the shadow government? He sold out everything else to them on finances, government, security and privacy, will he bow into them and give them their war? Like it or not people, Obama is a huge sell out but you have to have some goodness in your soul to fight off the shadow government, and he is doing just that; FOR NOW.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Of course, because then we will be cornered to back them when Iran tries and fights. Israel should just stop, we should stop our empire , and let them be! We have enough military might to take care of the entire Middle East combined.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
what if the US gets fed up of The Zionist regime and helps from underneath Iran in producing the bomb which will get rid of this problem?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Da Man6

It depends which forces are stronger, I suppose. Our top advisors or the real controllers. I'm sure the President is torn.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I've got a prediction. If Obama doesn't back Israel he's going to eat a bullet and Biden will have NO problem backing Israel. He doesn't now.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I bet that's on his mind every day too. He had no idea what he was getting into. None.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
One thing for sure
If Biden won't we all know that Hillary would have no problems doing it

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Obama is just now starting to realize how the government works. as what Bill Clinton said, "
Bill Clinton – as quoted by senior White House reporter Sarah McClendon in reply to why he wasn’t doing anything about UFO disclosure.
Sarah, there’s a government inside the government, and I don’t control it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Da Man6

Thanks for reminding me of that. I think each new administration no matter their intentions learn a hard lesson on taking office. There are forces they cannot control, and probably wouldn't want to if they could.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Everyone in the world is celebrating the world cup and this war-mongering psychopath just has to ruin world peace... once again. Let me tell you, if the Israelis don't get him out of power he will cost them all. As for Americans, you all need to stand behind your president because like it or not, he is facing the powerful Zionist lobby and he will be crushed if he doesn't give them what they want. What they want is not in the interests of Americans or the world at all. If Americans can't stop debating the false illusion of democratic and republican and see the bigger picture then God help us all. Obama might have made terrible policies, but like the other person said above he is trying to fight off ZOG. He can't and won't do it alone.

Good day.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by barrywood]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by barrywood

Guess he's just not
a soccer/football fan.

Edit to add
And definitely not a fan of peace in the world

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Wayne60]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
reply to post by barrywood

Guess he's just not
a soccer/football fan.

Edit to add
And definitely not a fan of peace in the world

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Wayne60]

I'm sure he doesn't enjoy anything that would exhibit normal, healthy, human nature. Everytime he speaks on a forum he is war-mongering or defending the latest Israeli attack on activists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join