It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: Only US military threats can stop Iran from making nukes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

We all know US has been under the empire's control, the empire is not called USA, the empire has wide boundaries.

The empire feels Israel is a great use to it in future, for what ever reason, the Israeli interests are prioritized ahead of US interests, they are both part of the empire.

Although some argue the US lost its control of the empire to Israel.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
the only reason we allow Israel to exist is because as it says in the BIBLE, for Jesus Chris to return, Israel must exist.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
what a fruit cake, keep threating Iran
and hopefully they will decide to build a nuke or launch a pre- emtive attack on Israel

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Just as you wouldn`t draw a gun without being willing to use it , so too do you not make "military threats " without a willingness to carry them out .

Once that threat is unequivocally voiced by the Administration , it is an inevitable count down to conflict imho. Beginning a process that couldn`t even be undone with near complete compliance on the part of the Iranians .

Real diplomacy allows a little wiggle room, an opportunity to meet demands placed upon you whilst saving face .

It would seem the goal of many of the nations in the Middle East , to stunt the growth and development of Iran, ........ quite a squeeze - which will have repercussions well into Century.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I'm not so sure some of those in the ME are quite so willing to go along with diplomacy too long. Although this thread is about Netanyahu's remarks, I did a thread earlier in the ME forum that quotes the UAE ambassador to the US as desiring the US to militarily intervene to stop Iran's nuclear program. So the fuse of diplomacy may be burning even shorter if Obama does heed the voices in the ME.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60

Do you get the feeling that Obama and Congress are not the one's who are running the US? I had just completed a thread of an Arab diplomat's comments of US military intervention of Iran, and now I stumble across this article of Israel's PM also calling for US military intervention, or at least the threat of it.

But of course when Netanyahu was pressed about a nuclear free ME his response was predicatable

The prime minister was also cold to the idea of participating in an U.N. conference on a nuclear-free Middle East.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Only all rich people can keep my checks from bouncing!

Deja vu?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by barrywood
Everyone in the world is celebrating the world cup and this war-mongering psychopath just has to ruin world peace... once again. Let me tell you, if the Israelis don't get him out of power he will cost them all. As for Americans, you all need to stand behind your president because like it or not, he is facing the powerful Zionist lobby and he will be crushed if he doesn't give them what they want. What they want is not in the interests of Americans or the world at all. If Americans can't stop debating the false illusion of democratic and republican and see the bigger picture then God help us all. Obama might have made terrible policies, but like the other person said above he is trying to fight off ZOG. He can't and won't do it alone.

Good day.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by barrywood]

uh huh, no mo ZOG? Um, Who exactly are dear leaders czars and advisors, the ones that are not richly pigmented? What we have is inner circle ZOG, and outer circle MOD( mooz open door)
Now think, what does it portend for the group that's left out when 2 tribally chauvanistic yet rabid enemies chose to unite against a third group that claims passivity as one of its underlying( at least in theory) cultural precepts?
OUCH!

[edit on 11-7-2010 by mordant1]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Wayne, maybe Netanyahu was "cold" because officially, Israel has no nukes. I'm pretty sure Obama assured Netanyahu that he would have Israel's back at the nuclear conference because of Israel's "unique" needs. How's he going to do that if they don't "officially" have those weapons. Maybe I'm remembering out of context, and maybe they meant about Iran, but it was all over the news this past week as a result of their meeting. I'm hoping that was Obama softening the blow after he told Netanyahu he wasn't going in against iran. It was right after that meeting Netanyahu stepped up the pressure. All this diplodoubletalk is getting tedious.

reply to post by mordant1

Exactly. Their records all stand for themselves. As do their actions.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You may have a point. The rhetoric has increased after the meeting with Obama. And yes, all of this having to read between the lines to get to the garbage to sift through is getting cumbersome. There are a lot, and I mean a lot of info, disinfo, and misinfo games being played out in the public right now, and I'm thinking it will get worse over the next few days/weeks. I don't even think about going to most of the MSM news anymore. There is even more garbage there. I've even been noticing RT getting a little more MSM lately with a couple of their reports, and that's scary.

At least we can all disseminate through this mound of information here and possibly arrive at a conclusion that may be at least a little close to reality. I just hope that we are all wrong about more than a couple of them.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
jJust a few replies en masse

If our military had been used as it was meant to we would not still be in Iraq.
But we would have and should have gone.

Neither the US or Israel has any intentions of trying to occupy Iran. Israel will have to be, and is already, deployed to fight the ground war that will commence in Gaza, the west bank, and along the borders of Lebanon and Syria, but the strike against Iran will be limited in scope, using special forces ground troops and air assets.

I seem to remember that during the last unrest in the country at one point the ruling clerics had airplanes ready to fly them to safety. A good pounding of the political leadership, along with a heavy pounding of military assets and troops, and the whole government may come tumbling down.

This is not a conflict that we can avoid. As such we would be better off fighting it at the time of our choosing, and the way of our choosing.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Funny...
I just heard Netanyahu on the radio saying:
" we can't let an irrational regime like Iran have nuclear weapons"
We just found out Israel has Nukes for certain...
...and didn't his shrink just commit suicide because he couldn't handle Netanyahu's irrationality?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
doesnt matter either way, what we are seeing now is yet ANOTHER war we are being dragged into.

Im against both sides on this issue, always have been.

Not like its any of our buisness anyway, let em eat each other, its not our problem.

We cant police the entire world when two countries have their problems.

Im sure there are countries ALL OVER the world that are having problems with their neighbors, but we dont hear about it because we dont have a stake in it.

In the end, it doesnt matter, we have no control. I just dont want my brothers and sisters to have to put THEIR lives on the line for these backwards ass nations that can give a damn about us in the first place.

Everyone talks about war like its a Nintendo game. Get real.
Enough innocents have died at the hands of power hungry bastard children.

"And thats all I have to say about that".- sorry, Im watching Forrest Gump at the moment.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
these comments from isreal are no surprise after amadidanutjob just said him self that sancions would not cause iran to stop its nuclear program....so netanyahu is just mimicing what iran has said over a week ago

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
While reading this, a thought.

Is China holding NK over the head of the US, as a deterrence to an Israeli/American raid on Iran?

And if so, are they bluffing?

Russians I believe will go to highest bidder. Or maybe already have?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

"There has only been one time that Iran actually stopped the program," Netanyahu told Fox News' Chris Wallace Sunday. "That was when it feared US military action."

Netanyahu is, of course, correct on this. All it would take is threats and implications by the US to stop the Iran nuclear proliferation.

But Obama is running with his tail between his legs, afraid to offend his Islamic friends, afraid to look like anything but a pacifist to his liberal base.

And more occupied with troop pullouts in Afghanistan come August and hammering out some sort of compromise with Taliban so he can save face.

Obama is finding it hard to concentrate on world affairs while he is suing multiple states in multiple lawsuits on unpopular issues such as the Arizona law.

He and his base are watching Democratic popularity plummet along with American jobs mostly due to Obama policy.

While blaming Bush and the Tea Party movement and Republican legislators!

Who will have the last laugh here, I wonder?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I don't even see why America needs to get involved. I mean the US pledges to protect non-nuclear allies with their own nuclear umbrella, but Israel has had nukes for decades. So basically Israel wants America to expend it's resources to prevent Iran from developing an equal deterrent capability... what? lol

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The Meek shall inherit the earth...the weak are the iranians....victory is guaranteed to them

Guaranteed by the will of God

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Da Man6

Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony if that statement was meant figuratively and not literally?

I can't imagine God or Jesus Christ being so hung up on a piece of land.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Dear God, please make me a bird and let me fly far far away from here...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I've got a prediction. If Obama doesn't back Israel he's going to eat a bullet and Biden will have NO problem backing Israel. He doesn't now.

You don't actually think an American President is anything less than a marionette these days do you? The Judeo-Masonic synonym most folks are familiar with is "The Western World".

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join