It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof tht aliens are NOT visiting earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
In my signature there is a link to a thread that asks people to try an experiment. I tried to get people interested in attempting to make first contact. Of all the "believers" on this forum, none have responded. Not one single person has said "This would make a better signal" or "The base would need to have_________ to operate."

This is proof that the "believers" do not want anyone to do an scientific research that would prove UFOlogy is a religion and nothing more.

Before you attack me personally and insult my previous thread, ask yourself this. Why isn't there anyone in the scientific community trying to make contact with the aliens that are visiting Earth? SETI has sent signals to distantstars but have made no effort to contact aliens that are already here.

I could gather a bunch of info and write a book saying that aliens are here and make a lot of money from the UFO religious believers. But if I say that I do not want to make money from my idea, only to see the science done. If I say that I would help this scientific endeavor, I am ignored or made fun of by the believers.

Someone opened a thread asking for one single piece of evidence and four hundred posts later believers are still trying to prove it.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by ChicUFO]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sorry, wheres the proof?
Im not seeing it..

Cheers

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Your topic seems to further propogate that use of the word "proof" within topic titles on this forum is mere irony.

Really, that word is thrown around far too much.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

Hi, thanks for the thread! Very interesting.

I'd like to give my quick personal opinion.

I highly suspect that Aliens using UFOs to visit earth may very well be possible due to the government involvement, a huge amount of credible eye witnesses, and a few very interesting photos and videos.

However, I have not seen any proof, and in order to stay intellectually honest, I must say that UFOs have no visited earth, as far as I know.

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Actually, I think he just named it incorrectly. You really don't prove something wrong when it hasn't been proven correctly. I understand what ya mean man. It is quite understandable that there hasn't been one researcher or scientist that has [publicly] found or contacted intelligent extraterrestrial life. I think that it is a very legitimate statement that it hasn't been proven to be true because there isn't anything to officially support it! Only things supporting the argument is some old cases, blurry photos, and stories. We just need more proof that there IS some kind of life form visiting us, before to make it true.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Originally posted by ChicUFO

This is proof that the "believers" do not want anyone to do an scientific research that would prove UFOlogy is a religion and nothing more.

How in any way can you say Ufology is a religion? That is just outrageous! i respect your opinions but i must say there may be a few people who worship these ufo's but they are few and far between. The best evidence is out there and sure is not hard to find, this evidence dates back thousands of years.

lithiumdreamer.tripod.com... Ufo's in Ancient Art

Now understand that in the ancient days there were no such things as planes or anything man made that was flying in the skies in these periods. This limits the things you can "claim" it was to try and debunk them but you dont have much. Paintings from all over the world and hundreds of apart.

SETI has sent signals to distantstars but have made no effort to contact aliens that are already here.

You are assuming that the methods of communication are the same throughout the universe? What if they use a different more advanced method of communication and the frequencies in which we are using are obsolete or simply not used? These are all things you need to consider when asking yourself these questions.

I do appreciate the time you put into your post i am not trying to degrade or slander you just simply offering you a different view to the statements you have made.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by ChicUFO]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
well spielberg was "counseled" by the air force and the government while making close encounters not to make it too realistic in a 20 page letter. they told him that they did not want people to start actually believing they were real. wish i had the article with the interview. he stated that was when he began to take the alien business for real. "why would the government act paranoid about a movie" he said?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Exalted321

Interesting reply! I'd like to respond, if you don't mind!

How in any way can you say Ufology is a religion? That is just outrageous! i respect your opinions but i must say there may be a few people who worship these ufo's but they are few and far between.

I only think believing in UFOs is a religion when one believes without any proof.

Ufo's in Ancient Art

I've seen this many times before! A good website to explain many of these paintings and drawings can be found at this link: sprezzatura.it...

I hope it helps in some way!

You are assuming that the methods of communication are the same throughout the universe? What if they use a different more advanced method of communication and the frequencies in which we are using are obsolete or simply not used? These are all things you need to consider when asking yourself these questions.

If Aliens use some kind of higher technology to communicate through the universe, then it really doesn't matter for humans. We don't have this kind of technology, so the best thing we can possibly do for now is keep using what we do have.

I would also think that any Aliens also trying to locate signs of life would use as many techniques, even far older ones. I'm quire sure if they are advanced enough they would know of radio.

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Where is the proof ??

All we get here is your opinion, ..... all filler and no thriller,

Are you trying to ride the coat tail's of the other thread and get a little attention for yourself ?? maybe some star's, a few flags ??

Sorry, ... but kind of a waste of space.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Proof that aliens are not visiting the earth?
Please, ridiculous thread that is essentially worthless.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

I was able to locate something similar to what you are talking about here is a quote from the second page.

Spielberg credited Hynek’s place in the movie as more of an inspirational role model. In a 1997 documentary, he explains that Hynek found the witness reports very credible and he found so many similarities from so many portions of America as well as throughout the world that he became a convert to the fact that the government was hiding something. . . . So I met with him and I used him and I picked his brain and he consulted with me. He’s even in the movie in a bit of a scene in the third act.
I owe a lot to his instilling in me a professional’s point of view on this kind of field reporting, and he helped me make the movie more credible than it would have been without his existence.

Here is a link to the pdf : www.cufos.org...

ENJOY!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
One correction should be made here. SETI has posted the following page with the assumption that any alien visiting Earth would find the internet link. They assume that the aliens would be so much smarter than us that they would be able to understand our languages, our communication devices and methods.

My own idea made no such assumptions.

ieti.org...

The word proof has been thrown around a lot on these threads and I used it only to get readers attention. I also used the word alien to get attention. Neither word means that I posted just for the sake of gaining attention, stars or flags. When you post a thread about UFO's you don't call it roses and petunias because that would not draw attention to the purpose of the thread.

I compare UFOlogy to religion for the reason that Hitotsumami has already stated so clearly.

If you believe without evidence, how could anyone see your beliefs as anything more than faith?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

Thanks for the reply! Id depends on what you consider proof? because proof to one person might not be the same to the next person! If you dont want to believe something to be true then you will never believe. You can can never reach a conclusion for yourself if you only question one side of the evidence instead you need to question anything and everything to find the true answer even if it is against what you already believe.

I only think believing in UFOs is a religion when one believes without any proof.

Not trying to derail this thread or change subjects but by saying this you are also saying that all religions from around the world that people worship, kill, and fight over also has no proof of existence but is just a belief? There is "evidence" for all but that evidence only matters if you believe it. Like i said before no one can spoon feed you information for you to believe in something, belief can only come from within and from your own experiences and research.

I do appreciate your reply! I also hope that your weekend has been great!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Proof that aliens are not visiting the earth?
Please, ridiculous thread that is essentially worthless.

I agree.

However, the title should have given it away.

You can't "prove" that something isn't happening.

The earlier poster lamenting the overuse of the word "proof" hit the nail on the head.

I've said many times here at ATS (and elsewhere) that people need to use the word "evidence" when they mean evidence.

"Proof" only exists in mathematics. It is impossible to truly "prove" anything in the physical universe.

Ask any solipsist.

Harte

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Exalted321

Thank you for the kind reply!

I do not think proof should be radically different from person to person. Proof is when physical evidence backs up a claim. If one claims UFOs are real, then one must supply the proof. The proof would be a UFO one can use their senses to interact with, or the proof could be an actual Alien.

None of this has ever occurred. You could say it's all being hidden by the government. Maybe they are hiding it! But I do not know, because I do not have proof. Proof the government is hiding something is a claim, and one needs physical evidence to back up that claim.

However, even if someone from the government does say they are hiding UFOs or documents come forth showing they are hiding UFOs, this is not proof of UFOs. It's only claims by the people saying these things. And claims require evidence, and that evidence is the same as before, an actual UFO or Alien.

I will not believe a claim until I research it, discover the physical evidence or some kind of natural truth, and my conclusion matches the one proposed.

One could say to me, then you do not believe in China, since you have never experienced it with any of your senses!

My response to this is that the claim China exists is far less extraordinary than the claim UFOs exist. To add, it is physically possible for me to travel to China and determine it's reality for myself, while that is not the case with UFOs.

Not trying to derail this thread or change subjects but by saying this you are also saying that all religions from around the world that people worship, kill, and fight over also has no proof of existence but is just a belief? There is "evidence" for all but that evidence only matters if you believe it. Like i said before no one can spoon feed you information for you to believe in something, belief can only come from within and from your own experiences and research.

Yes, as far as I can tell, all religions also seem to be just a belief. If you have some kind of evidence for them, I would really enjoy to see it so I can change the way I view the universe to match what it correct.

Kind regards.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Believing in GOD without any proof is done through faith. I believe in God, not because I have been brainwashed but because I chose to have faith. Religions are based on a persons faith t believe in something that can not and has not been proven. No one can prove that God does or does not exist to someone who believe through faith, one way or the other.

People don't seem to understand what I post on these threads, they pick one comment and go after that. Allow me to clear up what I believe and I am sure that many others will agree with my views.

I do not believe that Aliens have or are visiting Earth.
I do believe that it is a possibility. I do believe that an alien race could have survived long enough and advanced technologically enough to accomplish this.

I do not believe in cattle mutilations.
I do believe that it is possible that an alien species could find one specific animal of such interest that they would dissect it.

I do not believe that aliens are abducting people.
I do believe that it is possible that an alien species could visit this planet and that they would, more than likely, abduct a few individuals in order to study them.

I believe in the possibilities of alien species visiting our world but without evidence, I chose to have faith in the possibilities and not believe blindly. Maybe someday I will chose to be a believer, who knows?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Thanks for wasting my time with this pointless thread.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

No, it isn't.

Why isn't there anyone in the scientific community trying to make contact with the aliens that are visiting Earth?

How do you know there isn't? It's probably not something any scientist would publicize, for fear of being stigmatized.

I could gather a bunch of info and write a book saying that aliens are here and make a lot of money from the UFO religious believers. But if I say that I do not want to make money from my idea, only to see the science done. If I say that I would help this scientific endeavor, I am ignored or made fun of by the believers.

Probably because your plan wouldn't work. Don't blame the lack of interest on others -- come up with something better.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Maybe not visiting now, but in the past 100% sure they did. Take pumapunku for example -

The processes and technologies involved in the creation of these temples are still not fully understood by modern scholars. Our current ideas of the Tiwanaku culture hold that they had no writing system and also that the invention of the wheel was most likely unknown to them. The architectural achievements seen at Pumapunku are striking in light of the presumed level of technological capability available during its construction. Due to the monumental proportions of the stones, the method by which they were transported to Pumapunku has been a topic of interest since the temple's discovery.

So they had no writing, but managed to build the most complex structure's that modern scholars cant work out?
Take a read of Erich von Däniken - Chariots of the Gods and try answer some of the question's posed !

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

Always kind here! I do enjoy the replies! It is my belief that many people have lost the ability to debate or converse without bringing emotions into the subject as it usually sends the conversation 180* the other way and i would like to think you for the logical and well explained answers.

Now back to the subject i do agree with you in the sense that religion is only but a belief and i see it the same way as you. I am the kind of person that needs physical proof to change my opinions however when it comes to Ufos i think the best evidence is from stories and art dating thousands of years back because of the fact in which the only things flying in the skies that people would have any understanding of would be birds.

How do you explain these? They are proof and i believe this proof yet you do not? We are looking at the same photos through our own eyes yet i believe and you do not? It is easy to mistaken a plane, helicopters, rockets, strong lights, hot air balloons, and etc to be a ufo today because there are tons and tons in the skies day and night everyday.

However, ancient art depicts "Ufos" for hundreds or thousands of years back from just about every location on this planet and yet this is not strange or "evidence" to make you believe? Maybe everyone was on drugs? I doubt it. Swamp gas? I doubt that. Plane? Defiantly not that for there were none until hundreds and hundreds of years later. Flood lights or some kind of strong lights on the top of a mountain? No there was no such thing as electricity at that time. So what was it and how was it seen all over the world when the only people you could communicate with effectively or quickly were your neighbors a couple of miles away.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join