It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Alien Child Molester Receives $4M In Lawsuit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Illegal Alien Child Molester Receives $4M In Lawsuit

www.americanthinker.com

the Orange County Board of Supervisors agreed to pay $3.75 million, plus an additional $900,000 in medical expenses to an illegal alien who was severely beaten by other inmates in the Orange County Central Jail. The Mexican national filed a lawsuit shortly after the incident.

Fernando Ramirez, 24, was in jail after being charged with molesting a 6-year-old girl at a local park. He eventually pled guilty to the lesser charge of battery against a child.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Not just an illegal alien, a child molestor as well. Yet, here the taxpayers are not only paying for him to be behind bars, we are paying him a settlement as well. What the heck? He's a child mo. He's gonna get what he deserves in jail. We shouldn't have to pay his bills to begin with. What is going on with our society?

www.americanthinker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeedBump

I had a look at the article. I'm sorry, but in this case, I think the payment owed to the guy is justifiable.

While we all know he's a creep, he was taken into custody, and suffered the beating, before he even got to trial.

Illegal or not, this should not have happened to him in jail.

He should have been stopped at the border, before he could get into the country to commit such a crime to begin with.

It's a shame that that the $4 million wasn't used to prevent him from being here in the first place!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

There is an unwritten rule in prison to beat child molesters. Most of those monsters, however evil they are, understand the innocents of a child.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with it. I really try to make myself feel something. I can't.

I simply can't feel mercy for those whom act in such a disgusting manner. Rape is worse than murder in so many ways.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

There is an unwritten rule in prison to beat child molesters. Most of those monsters, however evil they are, understand the innocents of a child.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that this happens. Do we hear about the others that get a good butt whipping that aren't illegals? Being charged is one thing, being found guilty is another.

It's a shame they didn't wait until he was convicted. They coulda killed him then, for all I care!

edit for quote fix

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
He should thank his fellow prisoners, in a Mexican prison, he'd be dead rather than beaten, and the guards would have watched.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
how irony sets itself in motion

what good is $4M if u never make it
out of prison to spend it?

he now has a price tag on his head !!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by SpeedBump

I'm sorry, but in this case, I think the payment owed to the guy is justifiable.

So you are telling me that if this were YOUR DAUGHTER that was MOLESTED, and the guy got beat in jail, you would have NO PROBLEM with that molester of YOUR DAUGHTER receiving 4 million dollars stemming from the act of molesting YOUR DAUGHTER ?

Are you honestly going to answer yes? If so, you have a serious damn problem, and in essence you are part of the problem of society - getting paid for inhumane crimes.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Too true mate. Innocent until proven guilty. I am sorry for speaking too soon.

Oh well. Sloppy seconds if he's guilty.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

So you are telling me that if this were YOUR DAUGHTER that was MOLESTED, and the guy got beat in jail, you would have NO PROBLEM with that molester of YOUR DAUGHTER receiving 4 million dollars stemming from the act of molesting YOUR DAUGHTER ?

First of all, like I said, he was beaten before his trial. I have no problem with inmates having at a convicted molester, once they are in the system.

For the fact that he was not protected before his trial, I sure do believe he deserves the money. He plead to a lesser charge. Molestation is horrific, I know having been a victim myself.

If this guy was not an illegal, but was a US citizen child molester, we wouldn't even have this as news.

edit to fix quote

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
His crime and immigration status aside for one second.

Inmates in prisons are regularly beaten and killed. Unless there is a lawsuit that accompanies each one I don't know why this particular man was able to be awarded compensation.

Also, I think the lack of details in this story is troubling.

We have no way of knowing if the people in charge at the jail, put this man into a situation where he could be beaten because of his crime, or if its a case like most other jail beatings.

If it were found out that the deputies allowed this man to be put in a situation so he could get beaten, I think an award is justified. If it is just like every other jail beating and he just got beat before the deputies had a chance to stop it then I see no reason for a judgement.

I know for a fact that deputies can and will place you in locked rooms, cafeterias, laundry rooms, day areas, and allow inmates to come in and beat you savagely. If thats the case here, then reparations are justified.

As heinous as this mans crime is, I cannot condone either, the savage behavior of molesting a child, or beating a man to death, or to the point of mental retardation.

2 wrongs do not make a right.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
If this guy was not an illegal, but was a US citizen child molester, we wouldn't even have this as news.

well since we're throwing around IF's

IF he had been stopped at the border
then this lil girl wouldn't have been molested.

IF
IF
IF

I could go on and on

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
Inmates in prisons are regularly beaten and killed. Unless there is a lawsuit that accompanies each one I don't know why this particular man was able to be awarded compensation.

ACLU

need I say more ???

The same group who brought you
the law suit against AZ's new law.

link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

what good is $4M if u never make it
out of prison to spend it?

What good? So the family of the little girl can sue for it!

That would be fabulous.

peace

link   
to me, 10% of the mexicans here are illegal and causing harm is JUSTIFICATION for all true americans black and white to run every hispanic out of the us. why not? things were much better before them.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
[Originally posted by Blanca Rose

I had a look at the article. I'm sorry, but in this case, I think the payment owed to the guy is justifiable.

So you believe it’s a good use of taxpayers money to compensate someone who in not so distant, more democratically representative, times, would have been executed anyway?
The issue (for me) is not whether he should be able to receive compensation. Its that 4.65 million is just far too much. Probably even for people who haven’t committed any crime.

I just wonder how much his family, back home, must be laughing at the U.S legal system? I also wonder how his victims feel? Even if he had “only” burgled my home, I think the news of him entering the wealthy-rich class could turn me into a vigil anti (like on Death Wish)

The political problem is the way in which our courts, hand out punishments, through judges (and laws) that completely disregard the need to respect the American public-taxpayer. This is an old problem. I advocate that juries (and juries alone) should determine prison sentences.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

What good? So the family of the little girl can sue for it!

That would be fabulous.

peace

That would be fabulous! It should just pass go, and get right into the deserving pocket!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You can't right child molesting with rape
Im' pretty sure that would only make matters worse

don't be sadists

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
He should thank his fellow prisoners, in a Mexican prison, he'd be dead rather than beaten, and the guards would have watched.

That's up to him to decide not you
many would prefer death over being raped by another man

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I could go on and on

You have, have you not? If I am not mistaken, you yourself have started threads about crimes that illegals have commited.

There are a lot of "if's" with a thread like this. The fact remains though, that this particular illegal would not have been charged with molestation, being given the opportunity to plea out to battery of this little girl, IF he was prevented from being here at all!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Honestly, I don't have a problem with it. I really try to make myself feel something. I can't.

I simply can't feel mercy for those whom act in such a disgusting manner. Rape is worse than murder in so many ways.

I can't agree more. However I do think the punishment should be held off until he is found guilty. Once he is guilty i say do what you got to. However Let"s for argument sake say that this guy was an American who was the father of 3 and a wonderful husband, however for some reason he fit the description of the offender and they hauled his behind in to jail. While waiting in jail for the courts to find out he isn't the right guy, he gets beat like this guy. then we find out he wasn't even the one they were looking for. Its a shame that this happens. However if they held off the beating till after he is found guilty, then at least they get the right guy. What if the father of 3 was beaten to death while waiting for his trial. We would all cry and be sad. It's something that can be prevented since the guards know that Pedos will get beat. They can put him in a safe area to be watched and protected until he is sent in after being found guilty. then we can all sit back and get the pop corn and watch him get beat. Dibs on the front row seat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join