It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrians take 3 Israelis "as prisoners" -- Syrian TV

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Oh give me a break, Syria attacked Israel many times and they lost the Golan because of their ignorance so it now belongs to Israel. The spoils of war pertains to every nation throughout history and does not exclude Israel.

To the one poster, Palestine was never a nation and never will be. It was a region that includes most of the nations in the mid-east including Iraq so should the Iraqis give it back as well? Its legally a Jordanian-Israel problem and Jordan has a deal with Israel and possession rules the land as the Jordanians were also ignorant and attacked Israel and LOST.

Get over it!! This situation could explode if Syria moves its troops at all. Israel would stomp a giant mud hole in Damascus in the opening shots.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
if this is true ... it would be big news
israelis website put online those kind of news very fast
front page ...
i dont see anything yet
odd

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I need to see more links than just the original. Anything else to corroborate this?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
world.globaltimes.cn...

Thats all I can find for the moment. That was from 1 hour ago...

Have they been rescued or haven't they?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You have forgotten what happened to the UN peacekeepers in 2006. Link

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If this is true, it will become bigger news. So far its nothing to be alarmed about.. Especially if what a member posted earlier about them having been rescued

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Palestine was a state in the ME in the 1800s.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

en.wikipedia.org...
seems to be referred to it more of as an international city or region as opposed to a state perse .... just saying seems that it was just a area taken from the ottoman Turks after ww1 and seemed to encompass more then just the area that the IDF occupies wouldn't a Palestinian state require lebbenon etc to also just give them some land>? have the other neighboring countrys willing to do this or do they still share the Israelis view that there not giveing up any land at all? just asking wanna get some knowlege here today

In common usage up to World War I, "Palestine" was used either to describe the Consular jurisdictions of the Western Powers[142] or for a region that extended in the north-south direction typically from Rafah (south-east of Gaza) to the Litani River (now in Lebanon). The western boundary was the sea, and the eastern boundary was the poorly-defined place where the Syrian desert began. In various European sources, the eastern boundary was placed anywhere from the Jordan River to slightly east of Amman. The Negev Desert was not included.[143]

For 400 years foreigners enjoyed extraterritorial rights under the terms of the Capitulations of the Ottoman Empire. One American diplomat wrote that "Extraordinary privileges and immunities had become so embodied in successive treaties between the great Christian Powers and the Sublime Porte that for most intents and purposes many nationalities in the Ottoman empire formed a state within the state".[144]

The Consuls were originally magistrates who tried cases involving their own citizens in foreign territories. While the jurisdictions in the secular states of Europe had become territorial, the Ottomans perpetuated the legal system they inherited from the Byzantine Empire. The law in many matters was personal, not territorial, and the individual citizen carried his nation's law with him wherever he went.[145] Capitulatory law applied to foreigners in Palestine. Only Consular Courts of the State of the foreigners concerned were competent to try them. That was true, not only in cases involving personal status, but also in criminal and commercial matters.[146]

According to American Ambassador Morgenthau, Turkey had never been an independent sovereignty.[147] The Western Powers had their own courts, marshals, colonies, schools, postal systems, religious institutions, and prisons. The Consuls also extended protections to large communities of Jewish protégés who had settled in Palestine.[148]

The Moslem, Christian, and Jewish communities of Palestine were allowed to exercise jurisdiction over their own members according to charters granted to them. For centuries the Jews and Christians had enjoyed a large degree of communal autonomy in matters of worship, jurisdiction over personal status, taxes, and in managing their schools and charitable institutions. In the 19th century those rights were formally recognized as part of the Tanzimat reforms and when the communities were placed under the protection of European public law.[149][150]

Under the Sykes–Picot Agreement of 1916, it was envisioned that most of Palestine, when freed from Ottoman control, would become an international zone not under direct French or British colonial control. Shortly thereafter, British foreign minister Arthur Balfour issued the Balfour Declaration of 1917, which promised to establish a Jewish national home in Palestine.[151]

The British-led Egyptian Expeditionary Force, commanded by Edmund Allenby, captured Jerusalem on 9 December 1917 and occupied the whole of the Levant following the defeat of Turkish forces in Palestine at the Battle of Megiddo in September 1918 and the capitulation of Turkey on 31 October.[152]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by LittleSecret

Honestly I see the US as a small ant eater compared to most nations. The US is still the best nation on Earth, even as a half police state monstrosity. The whole world are monsters. All have sin. This is shows every day on the news of every nation on Earth having violent problems.

Weather or not one nation has a veto is not much matter. The point is that the UN is there already with the specific orders to prevent Israeli expansion north and Syrian expansion south.

But hasn't the UN ordered hundreds of other things for Israel to comply with, and non were listened to? And all were VETOed?

Tell me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Captured Israeli officers released

Residents of the Golan Heights have released three Israeli policemen who were captured today in the course of a military operation.

english.ruvr.ru...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Hezbollah did the same thing 4 years ago exactly and it started a war.

Remember that the Lebanon-Israel war started on July 12, 2006 because Hezbollah kidnapped Israeli soldiers.

And now it's about to be July 12 in the middle-east...

That was what I was going to say, except for the July12 bit, I didn't realise that!

If Israel doesn't respond the same way, they will look weak...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

That is hardly comparable to a military division. That killed two people. There is a whole lot more at the Syrian position.

reply to post by LittleSecret

Telling someone to do something and getting your arse walked over by their military are two different things. Any land actions require Israel to actively attack UN Soldiers. Not just accidental air strike and kill 2 poor chaps. I mean literally a prolonged engagement on land.

There can be no invasion unless Israel declared war on the UN. And that would be utterly retarded.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

of course UN laws dont apply to Israel

get over the spoils of war BS

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Palestine was a state in the ME in the 1800s.

Really? Be so kind and show me the map. Or wait, just tell me how this "state" was called then at least....
Hint - Turkish empire,maybe?
And how was province Palestine called?
Hint - there was no such province, all area including Syria ,Jordan, part of Iraq and current Turkey was called Syria.
And it was divided into several sub-provinces, not a single called Palestine.
Check this:
en.wikipedia.org...

Hope it helps.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

[edit on 12-7-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join