It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrians take 3 Israelis "as prisoners" -- Syrian TV

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Syrians take 3 Israelis "as prisoners" -- Syrian TV

www.sabanews.net

DAMASCUS, July 11 (Saba) -- Syrian residents of the Golan "have taken three Israeli soldiers as prisoners," the Syrian television reported on Sunday, according to Kuwait News Agency (KUNA).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Is this the False flag we have all been waiting for????

It will be interesting to see the response from Israel especially with a boat attempting to break the blockade of Gaza too despite efforts to divert it to Egypt.

I feel it could be a very long night. I will keep a watch out for further news stories.

www.sabanews.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

DAMASCUS, July 11 (Saba) -- Syrian residents of the Golan "have taken three Israeli soldiers as prisoners," the Syrian television reported on Sunday, according to Kuwait News Agency (KUNA). The state-run television said, "The sons of the Golan have captured three Israeli soldiers during a raid targeting a house in the town of Majdal Shams" in the moutainuous region, partly under Israeli occupation. The television also reported simultaneous clashes between the Syrian natives and the Israeli soldiers in the town.

This won't end well.
Linky

[edit on 7/11/2010 by jonny2410]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by theallseeing

I think if Israel were going to pull a false flag it would be much bigger than this. Although I don't think this is a flase flag, I do think if this is true it will only make the situation there much worse.

We've all been saying it's a matter of "when", not "if"

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This will get very ugly, sooner than later..

The Israelis never sit still for their people being abducted...

One to watch...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
One to watch...

I would have to agree with those statements.
This is not going to end well for Syria or the hostages.
I see Syria using them as bargaining chips or
prisoner exchanges.

Another note here that raised a red flag for me
was the local citizenry were involved. Israel will
take that under consideration in any retaliatory
move.

edit spelling

[edit on 11-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is really sad. The situation as it IS and not as Syrian propaganda tries to picture it - in Majdal Shams , that is inside Israel, police got into trouble with local Druze community. Some policeman are barricated in the house and ordered not to leave and there are talks between police officials and leader of Druzes. No false flag, no "abducted". Simply nobody wants to escalate things, and it will be solved very soon.
By the way, i hear that policeman already left.
"Syrians" , "as prisoners"..... Yeah.
Edit - source
www.jpost.com...

[edit on 11-7-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This could be an article on the same thing -:

Angry mob attacks police in Druze town

Large police forces were dispatched Sunday to the Druze village of Majdal Shams in the Golan Heights in order to help rescue several officers trapped in one of the houses. No injuries were reported.

Link

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Starred for beating me to it.

Pretty good chips for bargaining, plus obtained in some what of a territorial gray area. Can't see it playing out like a straight swap. But if the Palestinian Israeli swap recently is anything to go by, the Syrians stand to make a 'profit' in terms of how many of their men they get back.

All assuming of course Israel doesn't bomb them instead.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
All assuming of course Israel doesn't bomb them instead.

speaking of bombing

IDF might construe this as an act of war
with an attack on the Police. A revolt if you will.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hezbollah did the same thing 4 years ago exactly and it started a war.

Remember that the Lebanon-Israel war started on July 12, 2006 because Hezbollah kidnapped Israeli soldiers.

And now it's about to be July 12 in the middle-east...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I have a gut feeling we will be ok this time and avoid war due to this incident.

However eventually some incident is going to start it all off again..

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A few updates and more details...

Violent clashes broke out on Sunday in the Golan town of Majdal Shams and the local residents held three Israeli soldiers, the State-run Syrian Television reported.

The television said the troops surrounded the town and tried to free the three soldiers who were held inside a house in the town.
The violence flared up when the troops tried to levy fees. They burst into the house of a local resident, Mohammad Al-Shaer, but three of the soldiers were captured and held by angry Syrian residents.
Earlier, the Syrian television said the town, one of four mainly-Durze towns dotting the mountainuous region, was under siege by the Israeli forces, backed by gunship helicopters roaring across the skies over the hill-top town.
In a broadcast monitored in the West Bank town of Ramallah, Israel Radio said 12 Syrians were wounded in the violence in the Golan today. They were injured when the angry Arabs attacked an Israeli security force in Majdal Shams.
The radio station said the Arab residents attacked the Israeli troops who were raiding a location in the town, showering the troops with stones.

Police rescue officers trapped by residents in Majdal Shams restaurant (Haaretz)

It seems they were rescued before anything bad could happen... Good. No war.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
A little off topic but anyone know what happened the Iranian aid ship? Know Libya have just sent one!

Back on track. Below makes interesting reading along with this soldier capture.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu keeps on vowing that Iran will not be allowed to establish an outpost on Israel's borders, but he has not lifted a finger to stop this menace ensconcing itself in the north. He cannot realistically expect feeble UN reprimands and the puny French contingent of UNIFIL to blow away the 20,000 Hizballah troops dug in in 160 new positions in South Lebanon, backed by a vast rocket arsenal - even though this is a gross violation of UN Security Council resolution 1701.

www.debka.com...

I know I know it's Debka but still worth a gander... I love how Israel is sudenly interested in upholding UN resolutions

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
good call, this could easily be the spark to set it off. s and f. keep an eye on this guys

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Nope i don't think this is a false flag even knowing iserail are the worlds leaders in that department.

Originally posted by semperfortis

One to watch...

Thats double talk !

When Iserail does they same they call them prisoners and they have 1000's and yet when the other side does the same thing it's called an abduction or hostage taking.

given how the IDF acts in other peoples land gives them a perfectly ligitimate right to seize such people and no one said americia abducted the ten russian spys last week.

See what happens when you controll the media you even get the public to use the same wording as the zionist use.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
I love how Israel is suddenly interested in upholding
UN resolutions

well I think it is for public opinion.
Now folks can't say they didn't go
by the book

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The various big players are itching for this but no one wants to held responsible, so making the first move is difficult. They appear to be trying to provoke using 'soft' tactics and hoping someone else will make the first strike, and receive the inevitable international tarring.

Anyone with any sense outside of the situation can see they are as bad as each other. But my subjective scoffing at the situation cannot devalue that this in itself is a deadly prospect. As they are equally hell bent on destruction and will most likely mutually acquire it!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The Golan Heights are one of the most strategic sites in Israel... Any challenge to this area will start confict.. This is deeply worrying on a personal level... Will check back later when i have verified this.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Very true clearly they have turned over a new leaf since Cast Lead. They have also got the long awaited public approval from the US for their undeclared arsenal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join