It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Workers Swept From Jobs in 'Silent Raids'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

In Brewster, truck payments stopped, televisions were returned, mobile homes were sold, mortgages defaulted.

How do Illegal get a mortgage, or buy a truck ?!

Still coming from the Canadian point of view here, but I have bought several homes, many vehicles and lots of other things and have never had to prove citizenship as any part of it. But..maybe it's different in the States...

..Ex

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

To buy a vehicle, open a bank account, etc here you must have a valid form of ID, such as a state ID, dricers licence. You must also have a valid Social Security number. Which means that these businesses are not checking the validity of the Social Security numbres and they are accepting Mexican ID cards.

IMO the government should not only be going after the businesses that employ illegal immigrants they should also be going after businesses that do do business with them on this type of level.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

If you take the time to read my posts, I mention nothing about giving people who are in this country illegally ANY chance at an "expedited" path to citizenship. They go into the same, if not stricter, process as the other applicants. The difference would be that the illegals caught would still be in this country serving their court sentence whilst we monitor them at the same time, paid for at THEIR expense, since the government wouldn't need to spend the money on moving an entire family back to where ever they came.

Like I said before, implementation of this IS NOT possible without securing the boarders first!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

To buy a vehicle, open a bank account, etc here you must have a valid form of ID, such as a state ID, dricers licence. You must also have a valid Social Security number. Which means that these businesses are not checking the validity of the Social Security numbres and they are accepting Mexican ID cards.

Ok..here you have to prove your identity yes, but the bank cannot legally ask you for your SIN (social insurance number) About the same as your Social security number. As an employer, I have no ability to check the validity of a person social insurance number except when we file at the end of they year. Although I can ask to see a copy as the employer. So I guess the nuances of each country are different.

..Ex

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Employers here don't really have to have the ability to check the validity of a person's Social Security number, Illegal immigrants can't obtain a valid ID card. So it's really quite simple if they have no valid ID they shouldn't be hired. Matter of fact it's mandatory that an employer see and make a copy of a valid ID of anyone they hire.

......but the bank cannot legally ask you for your SIN (social insurance number) About the same as your Social security number.

I think the CEO's of the banks would have a shock induced heart attack and drop dead if that were the case here. And unless you specifically say that you don't want it on your ID your SS# is printed right on your ID, at least here in Illinois.

[edit on 7/11/2010 by chise61]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Basically I think this says it all: 'Silent Raids'. we, the American public was not suppose to have any knowledge of this taking place.

You've notice the most important part of this article haven't you?
Obamas Justice Department will not prosecute illegals for being in our Country Illegally.

The same justice department that will not prosecute the new black panthers for hate speech or voter intimidation. But are more than Happy To Sue Arizona Over 1070, but then again they will not prosecute cities openly breaking our laws by promoting Sanctuary for illegals.

They key words here to make note of: Illegal Workers Swept From Jobs in 'Silent Raids' Not Arrested and Deported. You were not suppose to know about this.
Obamas open and transparent Government at work, this is what you voted for.
YES WE CAN, Make The American Peoples Look Stupid.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well Democrat Governors are feeling stupid and very nervous right now.

With Obama and is Lackey Holder not taking care of the illegal situation.
DEM GOVS WARN: OBAMA SUIT VS. AZ IS 'TOXIC'
Universally the governors are saying, ‘We’ve got to talk about jobs,’ ” Gov. Phil Bredesen of Tennessee, a Democrat, said in an interview. “And all of a sudden we have immigration going on.”

I'd have to say, Your Democrat Governors are worried about this falls elections.

I think Obama and Holder needs to drop the Silent Raids and start with very Vocal Raids and deportations.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I am so sick of the double standards! Illegals do whatever the hell they please and are not held accountable and an American citizen has to obey the laws. What's wrong with this picture? And the black panthers and minorities not being held accountable for their actions? All of this bull is inexcusable! Such an arrogant and blatant disregard for anyone who isn't of color. They have taken this racist stuff too far. Close the damned borders, stop illegal immigration and hold those already here illegally accountable! Laws go for all of us, not some.

This is no longer America. I don't know what the hell it is anymore.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

AGREE, AGREE and I AGREE with you, My firend.
I really believe most of America also backs what your saying 100%, But can you get them in mass to voice themselves. NO, their afraid of the RACE CARD being thrown at them.
I'm not afraid and I don't care, I make up maps and hand them out at Lowe's and Home Depots. I'll ask them, like the old song, Do You Know The Way To San Jose?

Great reply, we need to stand together and more people need to voice themselves.

Come On People, You Afraid?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I concur* send them back and let them come back legally* corporate america has taken up some much room in terms of land here, its not reallys as crowded as people think it is. but, it is what it is.
in the days of ellis island, like mom, who came here from austria in 1952, she was 5 then, as on a boat with a temporary sponsor, registered signed a book thier and was made a citizen. obviously becuase so much land is taken up here now, we dont have that option anymore...too many people would overcrowd us the citizens.
the other thing is, securing the border* bush nor obama seem interested in doing so, so of course, at least a few already deported wil come back through, and take up our jobs, in this crippling economy.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is exactly what needs to be done. Go into businesses, quietly fire all the illegals, fine the hell out of the business owner, rinse and repeat. If you fine enough business owners, others will start hiring people with documentation.

Till illegals have no where to work, they will keep coming here. If they have no where where they can work, most of them will go home. No expense on our part. That's fiscally conservative y'all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join