It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hover Board (AS in the back to the future variety)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

I'm sure they will one day, I think we should follow the work of Nikola Tesla.
A rotating magnetic field was a key principle in the operation of his alternating-current motor.

Your design looks like an alternating current motor.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

(You really contradict yourself when you say you don't understand what I am saying about it but think it wont work.)

I do apologise for that, that's also why I'm saying the best way is to get in and build it

I understand it can be very hard to get ideas across, but as I am understanding it (which could be very wrong) I don't think it will work.

The reason why I can't answer your question about how fast it will need to spin is because I don't have near enough information.

For example if somebody asked you how fast would a fan need to spin to move 750,000 litres of air you would need to know:
- how fast do you need to move that air? (Litres/minute)
- how big is the fan? (Diameter)
- the pitch of the propeller.

Because you are not using a conventional propeller these points may be void.

As you can see it really is an impossible question to answer with the information I have.

[edit on 11/7/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

(You really contradict yourself when you say you don't understand what I am saying about it but think it wont work.)

I do apologise for that, that's also why I'm saying the best way is to get in and build it

I understand it can be very hard to get ideas across, but as I am understanding it (which could be very wrong) I don't think it will work.

The reason why I can't answer your question about how fast it will need to spin is because I don't have near enough information.

For example if somebody asked you how fast would a fan need to spin to move 750,000 litres of air you would need to know:
- how fast do you need to move that air? (Litres/minute)
- how big is the fan? (Diameter)
- the pitch of the propeller.

Because you are not using a conventional propeller these points may be void.

As you can see it really is an impossible question to answer with the information I have.

My bad then.

Let's say the fan has enough room to fill 500 liters of air.
Weighs 1 pound.
Is a ring that is 5 inches in width, not to mention length, and 3 feet in overall diameter.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater

OK I will try and help you understand what is trying to be done here.

See there is one outer ring Which has 3 rows of magnets on them all the same polarity.But slanted in a certain direction.Middle row straight, top row slanted downward, and bottom row slanted upward.

Then there is a hollow ring with slits that take in the air.

The ring stated right above, which will now be known as the hollow ring, also has rows of magnets, whereas these rows are aligned so the magnets aren't slanted.These magnets all repel themselves along with the magnets from the outer ring.

Now as I stated the hollow ring has openings to take in the air.
These openings are located on the sides where the magnets are not located.

In other words this means the top and bottom faces of the hollow ring.

Now these slits take in the air. The air is then released through tubes that get increasingly smaller and descend to the center of the apparatus.

The pressure increases due to the amount of intake increasing and the amount of out put being limited.

Creating an enhanced push for the board and lifting the apparatus upward.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join