It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hover Board (AS in the back to the future variety)

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I was thinking about Back to the future(Bttf) and about hover boards.

I thought of this design for a hovercraft.

(Reading past this point means that you understand that you are not the creator of this design or any other that I have posted in my threads. You also recognize that Gentill Abdulla is the sole creator and designer of the design and any others you may see or read below.)(For technical purposes.)


This is for a hover board. And bttf is back to the future.

Why not use a ring shaped object with magnets on it to push another ring shaped object, which is hollow, that has large openings for air?

These air openings could hold the air and send it through tubes that are on the side of the object but curve downward. These tubes could get increasingly smaller allowing the intensity to increase due to the limited opening and the excessive amount of air.

Providing an uplifting force that could use several of these objects placed below a board.

Similar to the board used in bttf.

And I also thought after to recharge the magnets to use wind turbines to help power the magnets while the object is already moving.

Here is a diagram to help explain...

i917.photobucket.com...

Enjoy!

I also thought about doing this for my science fair experiment.

I am asking anyone here if there are any places to get any of the materials(Rather than magnets.) that are shown here. And please only post reliable sources.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]




posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I don't really have an answer for you... but if you want to design, sell hoverboards, I suggest you get cracking. I fully demand that I have a hoverboard by 2015, which is when Back to the Future 2 promised we would have them by.



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well....you ask ME...yeah ME....

I'm just guessing that your idea (while interesting) will not work because our atmosphere is not magnetic.



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
I don't really have an answer for you... but if you want to design, sell hoverboards, I suggest you get cracking. I fully demand that I have a hoverboard by 2015, which is when Back to the Future 2 promised we would have them by.


I got the design part down I just need materials.

(The story of my life!)



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
Well....you ask ME...yeah ME....

I'm just guessing that your idea (while interesting) will not work because our atmosphere is not magnetic.


Why does the atmosphere have to be magnetic?

If you don't mind me asking.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla
 


Well get to it. I fully support this endeavor.



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   


this guy uses old harriers



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

Originally posted by bismarcksea
Well....you ask ME...yeah ME....

I'm just guessing that your idea (while interesting) will not work because our atmosphere is not magnetic.


Why does the atmosphere have to be magnetic?

If you don't mind me asking.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]


Well....Magnets only work on ferrous material. They will not "push" air.
You need a mechanical device to push air.

Spinning a magnet to push another magnet that that pushes the air is horribly inefficient.... This is why we use fans.

Your plan would only work if the atmoshere was affected by magnets, otherwise you are only creating an overcomplicated fan that will take LOTS more energy to push the air than you could carry on the device.

I'm not trying to crap on your idea, dont get me wrong....but if you are going to spin something....spin a fan!

[edit on 11-7-2010 by bismarcksea]



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

Originally posted by bismarcksea
Well....you ask ME...yeah ME....

I'm just guessing that your idea (while interesting) will not work because our atmosphere is not magnetic.


Why does the atmosphere have to be magnetic?

If you don't mind me asking.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]


Well....Magnets only work on ferrous material. They will not "push" air.
You need a mechanical device to push air.

Spinning a magnet to push another magnet that that pushes the air is horribly inefficient.... This is why we use fans.

Your plan would only work if the atmosphere was affected by magnets, otherwise you are only creating an overcomplicated fan that will take LOTS more energy to push the air than you could carry on the device.


It is just using the magnets to capture the air and funnel it down increasing pressure and intensifying the blast.

The air being affected by magnetism has nothing to do with it.

Granted it's much harder going against the air but still creates the wanted effects.

And as I said before the magnets can be recharged while in flight with the turbines.



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm failing to understand the purpose of the magnets if you have a turbine.


Maybe its because I'm up way past my bedtime, but it's just not making sense to me.



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hovercrafts work because they have a cushion of air. They don't work by having lots of little jets.

You would need a crapload (I think that's the scientific term) of pressure coming out of little jets to lift a person. Not achievable really.

That's if I understand the idea properly, I don't really understand the rest of the idea though.

[edit on 11/7/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
I'm failing to understand the purpose of the magnets if you have a turbine.


Maybe its because I'm up way past my bedtime, but it's just not making sense to me.


The wind turbine is used to power the magnets while they are being used. I was thinking an electro-magnet for use while in flight or maybe just the use of both kinds of magnets.

The turbine works when the hover board.



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I like the look of the design but I would like to see the digital blue print,
at first glance it looked like Nikola Tesla's AC design.

I also had a design for an hover board, the only difference is that your design is for leisure where mine was for transport. It was in the shape of a capitol L,
just like the "Toyota Winglet" but without wheels. I'm not sure how it worked because I'm not that technically minded, I just saw it in a dream.

I really see your idea of the hover board a great concept and something we will use in the future for sure.

I wouldn't mind seeing more about how it works and a digitised design


the idea is a good one and worth encouraging



all the best.



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seventytwo
I like the look of the design but I would like to see the digital blue print,
at first glance it looked like Nikola Tesla's AC design.

I also had a design for an hover board, the only difference is that your design is for leisure where mine was for transport. It was in the shape of a capitol L,
just like the "Toyota Winglet" but without wheels. I'm not sure how it worked because I'm not that technically minded, I just saw it in a dream.

I really see your idea of the hover board a great concept and something we will use in the future for sure.

I wouldn't mind seeing more about how it works and a digitised design


the idea is a good one and worth encouraging



all the best.




Thank you but I am not good with all the digital stuff.



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
would you please stop calling me (YEAH ME!) out into threads that are clearly not as "general audience" as you seem to think that they are.


take just a moment more before posting to dream up a suitable title, eh?



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
would you please stop calling me (YEAH ME!) out into threads that are clearly not as "general audience" as you seem to think that they are.


take just a moment more before posting to dream up a suitable title, eh?


If it bothers you that much I will gladly change the title.



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater
Hovercrafts work because they have a cushion of air. They don't work by having lots of little jets.

You would need a crapload (I think that's the scientific term) of pressure coming out of little jets to lift a person. Not achievable really.

That's if I understand the idea properly, I don't really understand the rest of the idea though.

[edit on 11/7/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]


Hovercrafts are different than hover boards.

While a hovercraft uses a cushion of air hover boards do not.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla
 


It's something you need to do, if you have better drawings I'm sure that some could help photoshopping it.



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seventytwo
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla
 


It's something you need to do, if you have better drawings I'm sure that some could help photoshopping it.









Would have looked better if it wasn't in pen.

I am not a good drawer in pen.



posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

Hovercrafts are different than hover boards.

While a hovercraft uses a cushion of air hover boards do not.


But aren't you pushing the air down tubes which get smaller and smaller? If that's the idea, then while not actually a hovercraft, you are still using air pressure. Otherwise how does it hover



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join