It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC News Video Day 81 Reports 20 % BP Workers Falling Ill & Not Allowed Protective Gear!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Request that someone who has the ability copy and save the video as the last one dissapeared!

Folks, if you use firefox web browser, the videos (youtube etc) are saved to the cache folder. no need for additional software to download and save. for example, on windows, the firefox cache folder can be found in:
"C:\Documents and Settings\"your login name here"\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\"a random string".default\Cache".
sort the folder contents by "Date Modified" and you should be able to find it.

On my pc, it has a size of 19,267KB. I just copy it once i have finished watching it in my browser to another folder with a .flv extension eg; BP_workers_sick.flv. you can then play it in any flash video player (eg VLC).

hope this save some of you time and download quotas before you go and watch something like this at 19mb, then download it a 2nd time.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by CitizenNum287119327] bbcode glitches

[edit on 11-7-2010 by CitizenNum287119327]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I have no interest in rep vs dems, but if this happened under reps, then the media and hollywood would be wild with slamming teh white house.

Just because hollywood got there man in, no stars or media are slamming the white house, and it is as much there fault as bp's.

No, you DEFINITELY DO have an interest in "rep vs dems" and you happen to be dead wrong. The coverage would be about the same. The only thing that would be different is the republican's aversion to any sort of regulation might get greater emphasis.

I'm tired of preposterous, self-serving delusions about the news media. Especially when they just report facts. Somebody ALWAYS says it's because of bias. The right claims a liberal bias when the facts turn out against them, the left claims the media are stooges of the corporations when the facts turn out against them.

It's stupid. Facts are facts. Opinions are NOT facts.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by ClintK]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Friend working near Mississippi coast for BP. Complains of nose and throat irritation and also a 33% reduction in pay for all subcontracted clean-up workers. Also because they paid him for the 4th they have cut back his hours to 4 for 2 days so they don't have to pay overtime. Just the facts.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by aviatrix

Sorry to hear that about your freind,
hope he seeks medical attention.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
"They used chemical twice more dangerous that they were supposed too"

"How much is govt is too blame"

... simple answer, they are 110% responsible. Letting workers cleaning up with no gear is voluntary negligence at it worst.

"They should of step earlier", it's what taxes is all about !

BPMakesmesick.com, hooora ! but i'm from Canada, cant sign the petition
Who's gonna build a world wide site against BP's bad practice ? If some one does, U2U me, I'm a senior php dev.

I remember a recently thread called something like "Enough is enough, time to take real action", the content was all about praying and sending hummm of love for the GOM.... hahaha ! Now this new web site is closer to taking action then any other means described in that thread !

Workers getting sick is a bad news, but we all knew that. MSNBC reporting the real truth, now that's incredible news ! Add this new site for the GOM workers and I call-it a good day in this _____ situation !

OP, S³&F !

P.S. Dam you guys are fast at finding the good stuff !

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by truthy-bird

Great Idea to make a site for the entire web! I really hope someone here gets on that. Thank you for offering your services, and I actually might know someone who would be interested in this!

You know, BP is already on probation for previous crimes? I just read that its in one of my other theads. I will find the link and bring it here.
So they have already been convicted, and are on probation. And they still wont allow these workers protecitve masks to filter the 2 butoxyethanol!

BP is a conviceted serial criminal corporation!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
reply to post by burntheships

if this will have a wors effect on young children and the elderly

Yes - "dose plus host makes the poison" - meaning children,
elderly and pregnant women are more susceptible.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by truthy-bird

I actually might know someone who would be interested in this!

Keep my posted, U2U. I have vacation days to take, else I loose-it. So, got a couple of days a could give.

Will not gonna go help with the cleaning, that's for sure ! Aldo it would be the most significant thing to do. But BP makes-it insignificant.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This topic is a dead fish.

It's been talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about and talked about ....

Weeks after the catastrophy began, Scientists published scientific data making forcasts about the size, and extent these chemicals were going to saturate to, and the direction of flow as well as the saturation point of toxicity.

Corexit was exposed, and BP refused, so that to this day, it still gets distributed. Even big league players like Lindsey came right out, and warned the people about this!

And then, there is the God Forbidden possibility of Methane Armigeddon. Yes, still a REAL possibility.

Now reports are comming out about people getting sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. sick. ...

LIKE WE DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN?

Since the 'enlightented' here can't seem to put the final sum of all fears into perspective here... allow me to demonstrate in words what the future holds for this event.

Are you ready?

DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH

This event is going to kill, put to death, anihilate, terminate, destroy, burry, eliminate, cause to cease to remain alive...

close to 200 thousand people... if not more.

THIS IS THE TRUTH, AS IT EXISTS.

Expect it...

NOW, I don't mean to be rude, or a meanie here - but given the facts as I present them, how many folks here in the United States think 20 Billion dollars is going to really compensate PEOPLE?

and now we have politicians who are already earmarking this BP 'slush fund' for things other than people...

people - people who come into contact with these chemicals

CAN NEVER RID THIER BODIES OF THEM

They are known as CHRONIC contaminates. Chronic means it builds up and builds up. it congeals into recesses of the body where it will sit and cause cancers, and other malignant diseases.

Truth be told, those who have been exposed to these chemicals technically are already dead.

DEAD!

My proof? outside of the scientific data I just revealed to you here, look at the Exxon Valdez Clean up crews...

DEAD! DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD!

[edit on 7/11/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Ok. I'll ask the question that nobody seems to want to ask. WHERE IN THE HELL IS OSHA? There.

As far as people going swimming, that's their problem. They should be smart enough to stay out of the water.

I have seen numerous threads whining about beaches being closed and patrolled by security. Now I see people whining about beaches NOT being closed. Personally I think people just like to whine,

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sorry for posting so soon but I have just one more item to say.

AMERICA - YOU GOT A F*ING PROBLEM .....

Yes, YOU...

I want everyone who is an American read this, and take it to heart REAL QUICK. I MEAN REEEEEAAALLL QUICK! That means... Do it NOW...

IF YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THE GULF COAST STATES, FROM TEXAS TO FLORIDA, YOU MUST BEGIN TO PACK YOUR BELONGINGS AND LEAVE FOR A STATE MORE TO THE NORTH AND INLAND NOW! I SAY THIS TO YOU BECAUSE IF YOU DO NOT, YOU TOO ARE GOING TO DIE.

For God's sake people, don't wait for the God D**n Government to move you, it'll be too late then. You'll be sitting up in a FEMA camp, dying!

What will 20 billion dollars do for you then? (like it's really going to do anything for this tragedy!)

MOVE NOW!!!

[edit on 7/11/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
BP still refuses to allow workers to wear protective masks!

So if someone wants to wear a protective mask B.P. is telling them no? Somehow I just don't believe this, perhaps they are not furnishing them a protective mask but surely they would let them wear one that they personally own. Besides you gotta be pretty stupid to let a company tell you you can't protect yourself. Never in my wildest dreams would I work for a company that doesn't practice common sense protection, how desperate are these people for work? Are you saying they are that gullable? Or is this just another stretch of the truth story? Sensationalism seems to be running rampant here.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
How is this not an OSHA case?

Does this mean that we have the United States Department of Labor Occupational Safety & Health Administration being complacent with BP's blatant violations of it's own regulations?!?!?!

Why am I not surprised...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I say we start a movement that will force BP to pay 1 Million Euros to every living person on earth. Thats right one quadrillion dollars!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wavector

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
imagine how many people there really is that are sick. im sure BP or any other source is reporting the number. Or think of how many are getting sick nd rashes and arent relating it to the ocean they swam in yet! It baffles me why anyone would go in the ocean a week after the spill let alone a month or two months...

They can still sue. Those waivers hold no water in court, especially if a crime has been committed (there are several being committed with respect to work place safety). They are just another form of intimidation.

No, they cannot sue their employer and it has nothing to do with the waiver. Worker's Compensation is the exclusive remedy for an injured or occupationally diseased worker. To collect Comp you don't have to prove negligence. If you are injured in the course of your occupation, you collect. But the trade-off is, you may not sue your employer or a fellow employee in tort for the injury.
That's another reason why the much ballyhood documents are innocuous. The waiver has no real effect since you can't sue anyway. By law you are relegated to the administrative remedy of comp.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

will do. I will u2u you with ideas and contacts!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks everyone for the commnets and I hope this video gets spread far and wide!

I did post this on the front page, but want to post it here as well!
BP is refusing the workers to wear masks! It is a fact, established and here it is in black and white in the New York Times, as well as in the MSNBC video, and the Greenwire report.

Also the petition is proof, as it goes to Obama asking that the workers be allowed to wear masks!

The PCCC petition begins by drawing a comparison between "the denial of protective gear that hurt so many 9/11 clean-up workers" and reports from public-health advocates that BP has denied requests for respiratory protection from Gulf oil leak responders.

"President Obama and the federal government must demand that BP allow every clean-up worker who wants to wear respiratory protective equipment to do so -- and ensure that workers get the equipment and training they need to do their jobs safely," the petition states.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It seems that these three are working together hand in hand corrupt.

EPA, Coast Guard, and BP PR Tied to Airborne Corexit Denials

At the Deepwater Horizon Joint Command press conference last week (June 30) on the toxic studies of Corexit, Paul Anastas, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Assistant Administrator for Research and Development, answered a question from the Associated Press. He said clearly that there was no evidence of dispersants in the air. Here is the relevant portion of a recording of his remarks. (Listen at 1:50)

However, the EPA site which provides real time data for air quality monitoring on the Gulf Coast indicated that from May 18-June 6 "two chemicals found in dispersants" were detected at numerous GPS locations on the Gulf. The data for June 6 can be found here and the data for the other sites is available at the TAGA Route website. The chemicals detected were 2-butoxyethanol and 1-(2-butoxy-1-methylethoxy)-2-propanol.

www.opednews.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Yes, that is what is happening and it is not
sensationalism. If you watched the video you will hear it.

Read the Article from The New York Times, you will see it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK

Originally posted by andy1033
I have no interest in rep vs dems, but if this happened under reps, then the media and hollywood would be wild with slamming teh white house.

Just because hollywood got there man in, no stars or media are slamming the white house, and it is as much there fault as bp's.

No, you DEFINITELY DO have an interest in "rep vs dems" and you happen to be dead wrong. The coverage would be about the same. The only thing that would be different is the republican's aversion to any sort of regulation might get greater emphasis.

I'm tired of preposterous, self-serving delusions about the news media. Especially when they just report facts. Somebody ALWAYS says it's because of bias. The right claims a liberal bias when the facts turn out against them, the left claims the media are stooges of the corporations when the facts turn out against them.

It's stupid. Facts are facts. Opinions are NOT facts.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by ClintK]

I wasn't sure how to process this...rant. I guess it'll go under comedy?

I agree with the statement. It was the first one I gave a star to.The media would be crucifying repubs. btw I don't care about the rep/dem hoax either.

It is bill o'reilly's 'opinion' that I am a traitor~because I give not a whit of mind to his heavily processed, nor ANY msm outlets, 'facts'. They-are-all-in-it-together. I break from further writing about this because of the sheer volume, and distaste, involved.

Tell me you were joking....

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Here are some few video from the bp problem ........

just trying to send more info..... i do not take credity from those video.. just sharing..

bp=

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Illuminati_2012]

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Illuminati_2012]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join