It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aspartame Dangerous Chemical found in Carbonated Soft Drinks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have a few documents saved on my computer which I have been collecting and now can finally make the thread about the danger's of Aspartame as I have helped people become aware of this chemical added to coca cola and its no conspiracy. Its FACT that its danerous for anybody who decides to drink it and your not doing yourself any favours in the long run.

If you do not want a expensive medical bill or lost loved ones in the near future then I suggest you take this information as 'Information Only'. I am NOT fear-mongering, I am just trying to help people become aware of the danger's of this hazardous chemical and its effects.

Aspartame Side Effects

There are over 92 different health side effects associated with aspartame consumption. It seems surreal, but true. How can one chemical create such chaos?

Aspartame dissolves into solution and can therefore travel throughout the body and deposit within any tissue. The body digests aspartame unlike saccharin, which does not break down within humans.

The multitude of aspartame side effects are indicative to your genetic individuality and physical weaknesses. It is important to put two and two together, nonetheless, and identify which side effects aspartame is creating within you.
Aspartame Side Effects

The components of aspartame can lead to a number of health problems, as you have read. Side effects can occur gradually, can be immediate, or can be acute reactions.

Aspartame Information:

 Aspartame Side Effects
 Aspartame Case Histories
 Artifical Sweeteners
 Phenylalanine
 Phenylketonuria

Message Board Forum:

Think you are having an aspartame reaction? Join Dr. Hull's aspartame message board forum and communicate with others!

* Ask Dr Hull Forum

According to Lendon Smith, M.D. there is an enormous population suffering from side effects associated with aspartame, yet have no idea why drugs, supplements and herbs don’t relieve their symptoms. Then, there are users who don’t ‘appear’ to suffer immediate reactions at all. Even these individuals are susceptible to the long-term damage caused by excitatory amino acids, phenylalanine, methanol, and DKP.

Adverse reactions and side effects of aspartame include:

Eye
 blindness in one or both eyes
decreased vision and/or other eye problems such as: blurring, bright flashes, squiggly lines, tunnel vision, decreased night vision
 pain in one or both eyes
 decreased tears
 trouble with contact lenses
 bulging eyes

Ear
 tinnitus - ringing or buzzing sound
 severe intolerance of noise
 marked hearing impairment

Neurologic
 epileptic seizures
 headaches, migraines and (some severe)
 dizziness, unsteadiness, both
 confusion, memory loss, both
 severe drowsiness and sleepiness
 paresthesia or numbness of the limbs
 severe slurring of speech
 severe hyperactivity and restless legs
 atypical facial pain
 severe tremors

Psychological/Psychiatric
 severe depression
 irritability
 aggression
 anxiety
 personality changes
 insomnia
 phobias

Chest
 palpitations, tachycardia
 shortness of breath
 recent high blood pressure

Gastrointestinal
 nausea
 diarrhea, sometimes with blood in stools
 abdominal pain
 pain when swallowing

Skin and Allergies
 itching without a rash
 lip and mouth reactions
 hives
 aggravated respiratory allergies such as asthma

Endocrine and Metabolic
 loss of control of diabetes
 menstrual changes
 marked thinning or loss of hair
 marked weight loss
 gradual weight gain
 aggravated low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
 severe PMS

Other
 frequency of voiding and burning during urination
 excessive thirst, fluid retention, leg swelling, and bloating
 increased susceptibility to infection

Additional Symptoms of Aspartame Toxicity include the most critical symptoms of all
death
 irreversible brain damage
 birth defects, including mental retardation
 peptic ulcers
 aspartame addiction and increased craving for sweets
 hyperactivity in children
 severe depression
 aggressive behavior
 suicidal tendencies

Aspartame may trigger, mimic, or cause the following illnesses:
 Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
 Epstein-Barr
 Post-Polio Syndrome
 Lyme Disease
 Grave’s Disease
 Meniere’s Disease
 Alzheimer’s Disease
 ALS
 Epilepsy
 Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
 EMS
 Hypothyroidism
 Mercury sensitivity from Amalgam fillings
 Fibromyalgia
 Lupus
 non-Hodgkins
 Lymphoma
 Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

These are not allergies or sensitivities, but diseases and disease syndromes. Aspartame poisoning is commonly misdiagnosed because aspartame symptoms mock textbook ‘disease’ symptoms, such as Grave’s Disease.

Aspartame changes the ratio of amino acids in the blood, blocking or lowering the levels of serotonin, tyrosine, dopamine, norepinephrine, and adrenaline. Therefore, it is typical that aspartame symptoms cannot be detected in lab tests and on x-rays. Textbook disorders and diseases may actually be a toxic load as a result of aspartame poisoning.

Ever gone to the doctor with real, physical symptoms, but he/she can’t find the cause? Well, it’s probably your diet, your environment, or both.

Aspartame is the common denominator for over 92 different health symptoms at the root of modern disease. The Aspartame Detoxification Program demonstrates the most effective way to reverse disease symptoms is removing the underlying cause - aspartame.

I counsel aspartame victims worldwide and have witnessed nine out of 10 clients restore their health by following the Aspartame Detoxification Program. Begin with detoxifying your body of all residual chemical toxins from aspartame's chemical make up of phenylalanine, aspartic acid and methanol and their toxic by-products, and see if any adverse health symptoms remain. Try the Aspartame Detoxification Program, and within 30 days your symptoms should disappear.

Steps:

1. Remove all sugar-free products with aspartame from your diet.
2. Learn to 'read' your body. Begin recording any health changes.
3. Get a hair analysis.
4. Be happy with yourself.
5. Detoxify.
6. Restore depleted nutrients.
7. Exercise and get plenty of rest.
8. Eat 75% raw foods at every meal.
9. Drink water, water, water.
10. Get control of your life.

I designed this Ten Step Program to help protect your health and the health of those you love from being seduced by the sugar-free diet craze. Wishing you good health.
What can you do about aspartame side effects?

Set an example by changing your diet.

* Tell everyone you know.
* Talk to the schools and day care centers. Offer to speak at parent-teachers meetings.
* Contact your local, state, and Federal government representatives.
* If you see someone with a diet drink, ask if they have had any of the typical aspartame side effects.
* Spread the word at your work.
* Distribute the Aspartame Consumer Safety Network and Pilot's Hotline
* Tell your doctor about the scientific research available proving the negative side effects of aspartame.
* Register a complaint with the FDA, the FAA, the NutraSweet Company about aspartame poisoning.
* Return all food products with aspartame, opened or unopened, to your grocer. Tell him/her the products make you sick. The grocer can return them to the manufacturer for a store refund. The manufacturer should get the message. So, will the grocer.
* Spread the word on computer networks.
* Publish articles in newsletters at your church, place of work, or neighborhood association.
* Set a personal example for health and wellness.

Search www.SweetPoison.com...

Dr. Hull's Websites

Site Navigation
 Aspartame Dangers Home
 About Dr. Janet Hull
 Dr. Hull's Newsletter
 About SweetPoison
 Internet Resources
 Contact Dr. Hull

Aspartame
 Aspartame Information
 Aspartame Side Effects
 How to Detox
 Case Histories
 Organizations
 Articles
 Sweeteners
 Videos

[edit on 10-7-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
btw Aspartame is ONLY found in diet beverages and other diet foods(pudding, etc)
Aspartame is NOT found in regular coca cola, and it is not limited to diet coca cola!

the title of this thread is misleading

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Kr0nZ]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

ok well I dont drink any of that stuff. so its basically an artificial sweetener then?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

yeh
its used in diet soda instead of regular sugar or glucose-fructose

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
NutraSweet is an Excellent Ant Poison/Aspartame Disease a Growing Concern in New Zealand

alexconstantine.blogspot.com...

FRUCTOSE, ASPARTAME, CARAMEL IN SOFT DRINKS AND NONALCOHOLIC FATTY LIVER DISEASE

www.wnho.net...

AMINO SWEET What Will It Take To Make You Sit Up And Listen? [PDF format] (It will open in a new window)

www.wnho.net...

Global Campaign To Ban Aspartame

www.globalcampaigntobanaspartame.org...

'Secretive' Chemicals Being Hidden in Food Under 'Artificial Flavors' Label

www.organicconsumers.org...

THE LATEST AND GREATEST AT THE FDA...

www.wnho.net...

Behind the Label: chewing gum

www.theecologist.org...

Neotame seeks a slice of the saccharine market

www.foodnavigator-usa.com...

NGO’s call for Diet drink's aspartame to be dumped

www.scoop.co.nz...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

A Dangerous Spin on the Cancer Risks of a Sugar-Free Sweetener

world-wire.com...

ASPARTAME STUDY - UK

www.wnho.net...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Asda submits defence in aspartame case:

www.foodmanufacture.co.uk...

Ajinomoto launched the legal action in May after Asda refused to change the wording on its ‘Good For You’ range, which describes aspartame as a ‘hidden nasty’ along with hydrogenated fat, artificial colours and artificial flavours. It has also banned the use of aspartame in its own-label range.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ
btw Aspartame is ONLY found in diet beverages and other diet foods(pudding, etc)
Aspartame is NOT found in regular coca cola, and it is not limited to diet coca cola!

the title of this thread is misleading

Aspartame is not listed in Coca Cola however there is evidence that the FDA have approved of it with Senior Coca cola manufactuer back in the early 1980's. Just because they have not listed it in the brand label, does not mean it isn't still being used. My friend Terry suffer's from Phenylketonuria and he is not allowed to drink any soft drinks that have Aspartame and Phenylalanine as the tinest amount would kill him.

He works at the local garage station and on his break he was reading through the soft drinks isle and picked up a 1 litre bottle of Coca Cola. On the brand label it states that it does not contain Aspartame or Phenylalanine so he helped himself to only half a cup of Coca cola. Next thing he collasped and was rushed to hospital.

Every now and again he brings his story up at his place of work when I go to fill up my tank. And he's amuzed that just because it didn't state it in its ingredients he admitted how easy it is to believe everything you read from manufactuer's. He said he believe's he's still alive to make people aware of the danger's of his condition and Coca cola alone.

Fair enough the headtitle may be mis-leading to others however my mate is still alive to tell of his experience with a few sips of Coca cola.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This thread is extremely 'alarmist', and makes unnecessary claims about aspartame basically causing every symptom ever dreamed up, and even being contained in things secretly.

Sorry, I just hope this thread does not freak anyone out. Many of the symptoms listed are just symptoms of the human condition called 'life'.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

i assume then that he is now rich?

ingredients have to be listed, and it would be easy for a lab to test if aspartame is in it

he should take a can of coke to a lab for testing then sue them

thats ofcourse if there is any truth to that story

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
All those symptoms are also common for other neurotoxins, such as
MSG(monosodium glutatmate, which has a number of pseudomnyms),
and CITRIC ACID.

truthinlabeling.org...

www.westonaprice.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
this topic has already been discussed to exhaustion here on ATS
Did you not look it up in ATS?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

You are totally WRONG!!!

Unless you know what you are talking about you would be wise to be silent.

For your information - here is a list of symptoms for
PESTICIDE POISONING. Notice that most of them are IDENTICAL to the list for Aspartame.(MSG & Citric Acid also)

Learn to Recognize the Symptoms
of Pesticide (Poison) Exposure
(Are you, or have you been a victim?)
DEATH
Headaches
Nausea
Fever
Coma
Asthma
Cramps
Allergies
Diarrhea
Dizziness
Vomiting
Convulsions
Memory Loss
Blurred Vision
Chronic Fatigue
Rapid Heartbeat
Soreness of Joints
Tightness in Chest
Flu Like Symptoms
Respiratory Paralysis
Reproductive Failures
Elevated Blood Pressure
Immune Deficiency Disorders
Central Nervous System Disorders
Multiple chemical Sensitivities (MCS)
Irritations to Skin, Eyes, Nose and Throat
Muscle Twitches, Loss of Coordination
Changes in Heart Rate and Liver function
Behavioral Abnormalities, Hyperactivity, Moodiness
Genetic Damage
Various Cancers
www.safe2use.com...

I am an MSG senstive, and I can tell you that this stuff and other can make you life hell. I also react to Citric Acid. All these chemicals are in a class called "Excitotoxins", and they can be deadly.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

I reckon the spiritual effects are worse than any it causes to the physical body. Chemicals like this can potentially damage the light body, diminish the aura, reduce esp or psi and make developing intuition harder.

They also make it much harder for people to find truth and realization, to be able to access infinite truth within and wake up....this stuff helps to keep us asleep.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

I so agree. In fact isn't this, the what, at least second thread or maybe third this evening with similar misleading titles? Or does this thread title just keep changing? Also, it's been "found" in diet soft drinks for a very, very long time now.

[edit on 7/10/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
big alarm bells start ringing when you find out that donlad rumsfeld was the ceo of gd searle the company that discovered aspartame and subsequently was brought out by none other than monsanto. curiously the FDA banned aspartame for 16yrs till ronald reagan took office and a determined rumsfeld got it past the fda by foul play. i hope there is a hell for the likes of rumsfeld and his kind.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Great topic. I am going to try your detox suggestions mainly by trying to not drink the stuff. I've seen other people talk about how they've had reactions to either regular pop (being addicted to the stuff) and also Diet Coke. I haven't experienced the extreme conditions here but I agree that its probably better to find something else to drink.

top topics

join