It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's fun to kill in Afghanistan, says top US commander

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

It's fun to kill in Afghanistan, says top US commander

www.independent.co.uk

A video of General James Mattis making his comments was yesterday spreading through the Muslim world at a fraught time in Afghanistan for the US and it's Western allies.

He said: "Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know it's a helluva hoot. I'll be right up front with you. I like brawling. You go into Afghanistan, you get guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil ... guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

"The fact is people in the forces tend not to speak like bishops. We'll have to make clear to Afghans that what he was talking about related to the Taliban, who oppress women, and certainly not Afghans and Muslims as a whole."

Troops tend to not speak like bishops
I think that this sends a VERY strong and important message
People should really think of that statement there
And what's with that attitude too?

I do believe there are many good law enforcers out there but sooner or later you have to ask yourself, if there's so many good cops out there how come they aren't doing anything about the bad cops?

This way of thinking can also be applied to this

It's funny how they tried to pin the whole "No Snitching" movement that was all over the news a while ago to black people when people in power created that notion!

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The U.S. corporate gov. does have police that police, the police.

Confusing right?

Anyways they are called, The Internal Affairs.

There are a lot of layers to this word game the Illuminati like to play.

And the Military is just a tool.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
How quaint of him.

Ohh well, it's no surprised that Jarheads and running the show over there.

I'm just amazed that some people in positions of power like Mr. Mattis can "like" killing folk.

As far as I am concerned the BIGGEST thing on any general's mind should be how to MINIMIZE casualties and get their men the HELL out of there.

Just seems like it's a war of occupation.

Trying to fight a un-organized and sporatic threat, with a standing army is a dumb idea anyway.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
His and a rainbow of other psychoses & neuroses drive US foreign policy.

Clearly it isn't rational, good common sense.

It is all about lofty, soaring, confabulations of ego & the supposed 'glory' of the United States or some such other diatribe.

Their mental diseases & melodrama are too expensive for my back to bear any longer.

How about yours?

Called your congressperson(s) lately?

Give it a try.

Give it to them with both barrels of hell raising, flaming outrage.

Disrespect them the way they so royally deserve.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by slank]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Taken out of context...over blown,,,,,BS
hes talking about freeing the muslim women from oppression....
Theres much ado about nothing.
How many times have you heard somebody say that this r that childmoleser should get a bullet behind the ear, and theyd be glad to do the honours....
Its not a statement one can take out of context and use to flay the back of an honourable fighting man....
Sure the army kills people.THATS what YOU pay them for.....dont you get it?
War and killing are this guys bread and butter,now what kind of personality would go in for twenty-five years of that #?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yes, they kill abuse so why not sink to there level.

An 'eye for an eye'.

The hypocrisy shows the immaturity of humanity at this day and age.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Guy is psycotic should be locked away in a mental hospital permanently. By his own words he is a clear threat to the safety of others with absolutely no regard for human life... Or put on trial for crimes against humanity for leading an illegal / immoral war causing the deaths of thousands of innocent people and gloating about it.. Yet they will probably promote the psycotic bastard and let him continue his murder spree..

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Anyone who finds amusement or fun in any act of killing is a worthless piece of crap.

Anyone who is recorded saying something like this should be removed from service and mentally evaluated.

He is not fit to serve any military that I support.

Disgusting thoughts from perverted minds.

Boo.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I realize they have a job to do over there, but certain types of jobs shouldn't be so much "fun". What type of people are they going to be when they are not at war anymore? Or are the ones that find killing "fun" the ones that should not be brought home?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yes he's just the type of guy iserail likes to have aboard.

This also made new on Russia Today but maybe thats banned in the USA as they might not trust you with the truth.

must think he's rambo

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Now thats a war pig! War pigs love death an carnage, to them its "fun" to kill mame and distroy. Yes the militaries job is to fight and kill but only to the point neccessary to gain victory and never for fun.

Trying to say it was out of context is simply trying to cover up the truth of that fact that he loves war and killing. It would not matter where the war was or against whom. His answer would still be the same, "its fun". If he wants to be up front, rifle in hand, grant him his desire and if he caught some hot lead he wouldn't think it was so much fun.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
There is something deeply saddening about this video...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I love the smell of fresh Napalm in the morning, and it's a real hoot when I shoot one those bad, bad men in the head and his brains just squirt out his nose and everywhere.
The ones rapeing the women and mudering them must be having a great time.

War is hell, unless you love it then it's a hoot.

This is sick, yea tell the Islam's it was those other guys they like to kill not them, them.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I am sure it is an attitude of Kill or BE Killed...I have to ask...Just What in the HELL are we (U.S.) supposed to be accomplishing there????????

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bamagurl

I'm not sure, but I know this one kid was going to kill his whole family, but joined up been over there long time, gets to express his self.
I know he said, one of the things when first going over there was getting your first kill, something to really look fowards to.
Thank goodness he's over there , but what happens when he comes home, hi mom, dead I mean dad.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Taken out of context...over blown,,,,,BS
hes talking about freeing the muslim women from oppression....

Anytime someone says that "he/she is being taken out of context" the next thing that should follow are his ENTIRE exact words.
You did not do that though

No matter how you twist or untwist what he said in it's entirety, part of it was "it's fun to kill in Afghanistan"
I'm sorry but there's no defense for saying that and there's no getting away from it

I am amazed how one can think if his righteous end goals are noble then that excuses any sentence he says within a statement and if you criticize it then you are taking it out of context.

Originally posted by stirling
How many times have you heard somebody say that this r that childmoleser should get a bullet behind the ear, and theyd be glad to do the honours....

Ok so now you are not understanding what is being said in comparison
It's about not being a whistleblower not about being a vigilante

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Also here in case you're interested.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bamagurl
I am sure it is an attitude of Kill or BE Killed...I have to ask...Just What in the HELL are we (U.S.) supposed to be accomplishing there????????

I know it's deply disturbing,

'Well let's just drive down this stretch of road through this town here, and uhh see what happens, lock and load."

I know it's not just that but it is strange. If I was there I would be scared and definitely keep my trigger finger icy. I feel sorry for the troops and in general for us all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join