It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Satan is the Ego???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What if what really happened in the Garden of Edan is this:

There were people there.... but there was only Oneness w/ the Absolute, and no Ego.

Well, somehow, somewhere down the line, some being got so caught up in thoughts ...that an ego formed. And this ego came up with the brilliant idea to create ego in all beings, therefor also making them trapped in this limited self created, self perpetuated construct.

I mean, the ego is the most brilliant imposter to ever exist!!!!

So the cause or hate, fear, war, destruction, murder is all the cause of this ego complex which originally started maybe millions/billions of years ago and was spread through out the cosmos!!!

So the whole while ...you are wondering who the enemy is ...when the whole time the enemy is that aspect about you that is wondering who the enemy is. Hidden within yourself!!!

[edit on 10-7-2010 by dominicus]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by dominicus]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
S & F !

The Ego is a big thing that really decides alot aspects in our life.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The ego is actually a temporary delusion that is based on the reality that the fallen man has no identity with his spirit or soul, so what is left is only his body and mind that he is aware of.

Thats the root of the problem, its gets worse becasue of the negative energy we have to deal with being unconcious of our spirit and soul.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is truly an interesting line of thought.

However, it's not the Ego we should be so worried about. It's the Id that will have you looking over your shoulder and causing you to lose sleep a night.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The Ego already existed. Does God does not say to the serpent. " Now they know good from evil, just like us " ?

Does God not want to be praised. Did He not requested offering to Him. Did He not say, "I'm a jealous God ?

That means that God has a very big ego. Or the God you read about in the bible has been a creation of humanities ego.

link   
I find most psychology to be the equivalent of scripture as man tries to understand and explain things that really cannot be on the terms either of these represent.

But what do I know, I'm a crazy recovering Christian.

link   
Well if we are going to personify then I think it's more likely that the ego is Harry Potter and Satan is Voldemort (shadow-Self). God would be Dumbledoor (Self) and Hogwarts would be the entire human psyche as a model of four-fold symmetry (four houses).

BTW, hello ATS!

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Student X]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Student X]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The ego in itself is not a product of the fall of man or of sin and can be subjugated about the same as any human aspect to good and evil before and after the fall. Even before the fall, the actual event of eating the fruit, it was reason and the decision making process that failed man even in his/her uncorrupted condition.

But how could this be? To me it is simple...mans ego and reason are the same as it was before the fall....hes just fallen now. The ego is not a condition of the fall of man.

Many need these tools like ego to explain things...mark a point in time like mans fall and ego as a product of the fall to help them understand in an easy way. So they become sorts of ego Buddhists and spend all the live long day wrestling with themselves on this point, trying to kill the ego and never reliaze that they become disfunctional as Buddha did.

Pounder Christs submission to the cross as an ultimate act of the ego driven by faith, promises, obedience...the ego as central area of appeal in any act, work or cause.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Freud said that the Ego is sort of the result that emerges as the Id and the Superego battle over dominion of the human being's response to internal and external stimuli. The Id - in Freud's analysis - better characterizes the carnal, self-centeredness of a Satan persona. Not the Ego. The Ego is sort of the truce agreement between the Id (devil) and the Superego (angel) within the dualistic human mind. That makes the Ego pretty much human in every respect.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by NorEaster]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ego - Death,

Death - Trying to be alive.

Life - Alive and well.

The ego is just death trying to be alive, stop over complicating it! All of this other stuff is just a bunch of wordplay and nonsense. The ego is death telling you that you are not enough alive so you must change something to feel more alive rather then just being which is life.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I tend to side with the theory that in the Garden of Edan, there was an egoless label-less state. There was only Oneness.

In that state there is no separating dualities such as good and bad, tall and short, man and women ...as its all relative.

Plus when you study enlightenment, they say it is ego death which results in absolute freedom and the experience of absolute nonduality.

Perhaps God saying he is a jealous God, was just the author's own limited perspective being imbellished into the story.

Either way, from 8 years of intense study into these topics, it is an interesting idea and one that holds some weight based on descriptions of what people have learned in near death experiences.

It would be the most craziest thing ever, to be born pure, then to put on a satan-esque false identity that is the cause of the experience of separation, war, murders, rapes, etc.......

Imagine that ....

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
S&F Great topic, and pretty much my philosofi too

Sat Nam

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
At some point Freud has to go out the window. We are going to let some guy come up with these lables and then what? Tie them into scripture?

Some folks harp on the ego becouse they hate a healthy one seeing they are nutless control freaks. Trust me on this folks, people that are control freaks call anything that stands up to them "ego". That feeling you get as they try to put you to the leash is self preservation....the good kind...what they want to hear is "Toby be a good &*^#% boss."

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
You may have something there. I was making fun of psychology and religion because they're both based on belief and opinion. You can read all the books you like, but when the leader of modern psychology is one of the most dysfunctional people that ever lived, it might be a small clue about the credibility of the content.

I've always been fascinated with people that prattle on about psychology with the same enthusiasm as a southern baptist preacher. It's entertaining, and they like to hear themselves talk and actually influence people .... but is the information accurate? At best partially, and no one can say with certainty otherwise. It's all speculation, pure and simple.

The "industry" as a whole does more damage than any I've ever seen. The weight given to these "professionals" is as useful as any witch doctor anywhere I guess. I speak from experience when I say that most of the people that make a living from psychology are more screwed up than their patients!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
What must be understood is that the ego before the fall and now is only the consciousness of the person has of itself—individuality, it has nothing to do with Satan, which is a metaphysical technical term that is one of the five negative energy formations [ archetypes] that came into maturation after the fall of man, they are:

Iblees
Satan
Gog
Magog
Dajjal-Antichrist

Satan or Shaitan is the aspect of this evil lower-archy that designates or means: the perversion of natural inclinations

These 5 negative archetypes are responsible for ALL the suffering and evil on this planet!

new topics

top topics

join