It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel.... They are at it again!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

disarrangedreality.com...

Israel steps up bid to block aid ship bound for Gaza

The Amalthea in Lavrio, 9 July The Amalthea is carrying 2,000 tonnes of food, medicine and other items

Israel has stepped up its attempts to stop an aid ship breaking its blockade of Gaza, sending a letter to the UN and engaging Greece and Moldova in talks.

The Moldovan-flagged ship, Amalthea, chartered by a charity run by the son of Libyan leader Col Muammar Gaddafi, was due to leave the Greek port of Lavrio on Saturday.

Israel said it now believed the ship would not reach Gaza.

An Israeli raid on a Gaza-bound ship in May killed nine Turkish activists.

Israel insisted its troops were defending themselves but the raid sparked international condemnation. Israel recently eased its blockade, allowing in almost all consumer goods but maintaining a "blacklist" of some items.

Israel says its blockade of the Palestinian territory is needed to prevent the supply of weapons to the Hamas militant group which controls Gaza.
Continue reading the main story

The foreign ministry believes that due to these talks, the ship will not reach Gaza

news.bbc.co.uk...

Edit to add the BBC link i forgot

[mod edit: added source link and Required external source tags]
ALSO:
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Master Shen long]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Wow.... They just dont get it do they?

There they are, illigaly killing, starving and maintaining an illegal blockade and condemed at every turn by the UN and they have the nerve to send a letter to the UN?

Scum

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Ah yes, I've read about this...the Libyan relief ship bound from Gaza from Greece. In fact, even though this Libyan ship told them they were welcome to search and then deliver the aid themselves to Gaza, Israel went to the UN and asked them to "block" it.

Odd how that silly UN comes in handy at times and is to be totally ignored when not convenient...you know...for things like sanctions and treaties and inquiries.

I think maybe Israel got thrown for a loop because with the loss of Turkey as a friend, they've been courting Greece and Egypt, and this ship leaving from Greece probably shook them. Just a theory from what I've observed.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Your theory is correct......

Double standards. Israel craps in the face of the UN than asks them to wipe it's ass.
Maybe the UN should blackade Israel for a few years... Give them the same back. See how they like it.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well, at some point the Israelis are going to have to accept the reality that public reaction to their behavior and their horrendously dishonest propaganda is to regard them as being below the worst of the worst past heinous nationalities.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

I have decided to join you in this little playground!

Stop and think...Would you want one of your "enemies"
shipping supplies to the other side?I believe Israel may
not care about letting foodstuffs' and medicines going
through the blockade.I think Israel is concerned over
the items that might be hidden in them.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Master Shen long

I have decided to join you in this little playground!

Stop and think...Would you want one of your "enemies"
shipping supplies to the other side?I believe Israel may
not care about letting foodstuffs' and medicines going
through the blockade.I think Israel is concerned over
the items that might be hidden in them.

Maybe if they didnt starve and kill the Gaza folk they wouldnt have any enemys to worry about. Its mostly over Gaza that Israel has so many enemies. Thats unless you read Debka.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Well, at some point the Israelis are going to have to accept the reality that public reaction to their behavior and their horrendously dishonest propaganda is to regard them as being below the worst of the worst past heinous nationalities.

More chance of pigs flying.

Israel is a nation with no morals... Because GOD said its ok for them to dp what they want

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
To be fair, I believe Israel said they would get the goods to Gaza.

I give up...the URL's got weird characters...try this.

[edit on 7/10/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
To be fair, I believe Israel said they would get the goods to Gaza. Link

Dead link bro.... But yea i heard that too, but until i see it happen i wont give Israel the benifit of the doubt no more ever ever ever again.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Didnt they learn from the past fiasco, when they pirated the Turkish ship? Any other country that did that would be black listed by the so called free world. UN? They are a bunch of tossers. Isreal ahve broken more UN regulations than any other country. Yet they are still allowed ilegal wmd. Guess its ok to do this, if you have america backing you.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Please try again now. The URL for the article is bizarre and not working, so I did a lmgtfy...no offense!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Classic.....

Nice find

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Sounds like a sensationalist thread - what's the news? Israel are listening to the world/us... no news.

BAD THREAD - Hypo somewhere else

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
You guys need to REVIEW the news first. Nothing has gone on, they said this ship wont make its port. OMG, some worry me

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Caveat Lector

I agree with your response that this is a
sensationalist thread,nothing new and boring.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Any state who makes war on children by denying them cookies
needs to be exposed however whenever and where ever.
Like if it was your own children being treated like that we would find it boring too.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

The children wouldn't be starving if their parents
would grow up and stop acting like children.The
children would still be starving even if ALL the supply
ships got through.You know why?The food would go
to feeding the military,not the civilian population.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I guess your arguement doesn't hold up to the facts:
If it was your children starving under invasion would you give the army their cookies?

The Israeli government has admitted that its blockade of Gaza is not a security measure but actually an act of "economic warfare" against Hamas, an Israeli human rights group says.

In response to a lawsuit by the Tel-Aviv based Legal Center for Freedom of Movement (Gisha), the Israeli government explained the blockade as an exercise of the right of economic warfare, mcclatchydc.com reported on Wednesday.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Ah yes, I've read about this...the Libyan relief ship bound from Gaza from Greece. In fact, even though this Libyan ship told them they were welcome to search and then deliver the aid themselves to Gaza, Israel went to the UN and asked them to "block" it.

Yes and they will be taking the cheque book with them to ensure compliance with any requests.

Our politicans are nothing better than the mafia and won't do the job they are being paid to do.

No taxation without representation i say.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join