It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah discriminates against disabled contest winner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Maybe you have heard of the internet star Zach Anner before. Here his video.

I hope one of you may be able to take advantage of this shocking story. You probably will not believe it at first, but here it goes.

Oprah Winfrey has hosted a competition in which a lucky winner will be able to host their own show. Unfortunately, the competition has been rigged. The person currently in first place, Zach Anner, can clearly be seen on the front page of the website in the lead of the competition by over one million votes. If you go to the results page you will see he is almost in dead last. This is because the results have been changed. This is an act of discrimination against Zach for his disability. Please, get to the bottom of this.

Thank you.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by chase the sun]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I think you need to remove emotion from logic on this issue. There is no real evidence to suggest the contestant won or that he was discriminated against on the grounds of being disabled. Maybe you are seeing something that does not exist because you feel strongly for a certain cause?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
You will notice that the front page is views - not votes. Where as the results page is votes - not views.

Pretty simple explanation.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I wasn't expecting that to be funny at all, but it was hilarious.

There's no way someone else on that list would be as popular as if that guy got a show.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
NO ATLANTIS IS TOO UNDERWATER OR FICTIONAL

... AND NO MARS IS TOO OUTER SPACE OR ABSENT OF BREATHABLE ATMOSPHERE!

Hahaha. That guy is funny.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

You're reading it wrong. The front page is views and votes. It clearly says:

9,161,042 votes

Right next to the guys name.

Then on the other page it says 3,484,018 votes, under the guys name. The "winner" has 7 million votes on the front page, and 9 million on the second.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I think the problem is that...

...he'd never be able to walk in Oprah's shoes.

YEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chase the sun

The yoga thing really made me laugh. This guy is pretty funny and I admire his strength to go 'on tv' or show himself with the condition he has. However, in brutal honesty, if this guy had his own show, he may end up freaking out some children... If it were up to me though and he was the winner, he should win then, unless there were some rules and restrictions to the contest.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This guy is hysterical.
And I'm humbled by him.
Truly.

I hope he wins!

As for the rest the other posters above have pointed out the diff between the views and votes. I just wanted to cast my vote here for Zach and thank you for posting a video that did me some good and helped me remember the depth of spirit (some) humans possess.

peace

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
@Wine Flu

I can't walk in Louboutins either!

@chase the sun

That was a great audition video. Will be interesting to see what happens. Hope he is chosen, his adventure travel idea sounds awesome. Thanks for bringing this issue up. Don't watch Oprah, would never have seen it.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

new topics

top topics

join