It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked!: Complete Assay Of The "Crude oil" & Corexit Warning Label

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Someone has leaked the complete assay of the "Crude Oil" to
Yobie Benjamin: Hacking Capitalism, Carbon, Politics & Food
at SF Gate!
SF Gate
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a3416afa2d3.jpg[/atsimg]
www.epa.gov...

www.nalco.com...

SECTIONS 311 AND 312 - MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET REQUIREMENTS (40 CFR 370) :
Our hazard evaluation has found this product to be hazardous. The product should be reported under the following
indicated EPA hazard categories:
X Immediate (Acute) Health Hazard

Leaked!
A LIST OF ALL CHEMICALS, ELEMENTS AND CRUDE OIL TYPES GUSHING OUT OF THE VOLCANIC BP OIL GUSHER
Deepwater Horizon chemical assay test of Light Louisiana Crude... It's not a surprise, it's not pure oil!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22171bb243ae.jpg[/atsimg]

The question to which no one knows the answer is to what extent and lethal combinations Corexit reacts to all the chemical and compound elements gushing from BP's volcanic crude oil disaster!
It is an unknown experiment because there are hundreds of variables at play.

We know Corexit is a killer!
Chris Pincetich PHDToxicologist Details How Corexit Destroys Biological Life

Susan Shaw, Marine Toxicologist: COREXIT9500A Ruptues Red Blood Cells

www.rikiott.com...

We still don't know the Corexit proportion mix and there are uncorroborated tips coming into my mail box that the ingredient list is not complete. As a refresher the ingredients in Corexit are below.

NALCO COREXIT INGREDIENT LIST (Not written by a PR company)

1,2-Propanediol - The primary ingredient in aircraft anti-freeze and automotive anti-freeze. Used as the killing and preserving agent in pitfall traps, usually used to capture ground beetles. Mixing anti-freeze with heavy metals (iron, cobalt, copper, manganese, molybdenum, zinc, mercury, plutonium, lead, arsenic, aluminium, mercury, cadmium... see list of ingredients spewed by the volcanic oil gusher) makes it very toxic. Not recommended for your aquarium. Don't try going to a sushi restaurant, get salmon eggs, tobiko or uni and start soaking them in anti-freeze.

Ethanol, 2-butoxy-

Butanedioic acid, 2-sulfo-, 1,4-bis(2-ethylhexyl) ester, sodium salt (1:1) - Animal studies on rats and rabbits show depression, diarrhea, lethargy, irritation and hemorrhage of the gastrointestinal tract, erythema, edema, premature skin death, malformed fetuses, irritation, coarse skin and of course - death! Oh... it kills fish!www.academicjournals.org...

Sorbitan, mono-(9Z)-9-octadecenoate - NOAA CAMEO (Comparative Analysis Of Marine Ecosystem Organization) Chemicals page states that exposure to this chemical may cause "chemical pneumonitis", intestinal obstruction, and eye, skin and respiratory tract irritation.

Sorbitan, mono-(9Z)-9-octadecenoate, poly(oxy-1,2-ethanediyl) derivs.

Sorbitan, tri-(9Z)-9-octadecenoate, poly(oxy-1,2-ethanediyl) derivs - No toxicity warning found on this stuff. Yey!

2-Propanol, 1-(2-butoxy-1-methylethoxy) - The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health's Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances lists it as a suspected neurotoxicant.

Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated light - Kerosene... also sold as GumOut Small Engine Gas Treatment I do not recommend you put GumOut in your aquarium... the fish might not be happy.

www.informaworld.com...=all~content=a713852826
globalwarming.house.gov...

[edit on 9-7-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Good find!
S&F

"Do not get in eyes, on skin, on clothing, Avoid breathing...:"

Must be a REALLY good reason they need to use this.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by BrokenCar]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This thread needs to be flagged...these images need to be put in everyone's face. This needs to get out in front of peoples faces...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Makes sence now why the EPA asked them not to use this junk.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
i just posted this on a few other boards.
gotta' laugh when someone says something like, oh, it's so watered down that the hazards are almost nonexistant. no need for respirators.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Thing is, read it and weep. They spray this undiluted!!! I found the actual notebook online, along with EPA Contingency Product Schedule.

Open at your own risk these are .gov sites.
No actual worries, I read them and saved them both. They are not classified.

www.epa.gov...

www.epa.gov...

[edit on 9-7-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

this is absolutely insane. can't the epa just put a stop to it, or are they in actuality as useless as i'm beginning to think?
do they need a congressional mandate to do anything?

if i remember it didn't take them long to basically outlaw ddt.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I really need to print this but can't copy it can somebody help please.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dead shrimp blues

Try this, go to this link SFGate

Scroll to the picture you want to print, right click and choose -save picture-. Save it, you should then be able to open it, and print it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thank you and thank you for posting this.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj

I wonder what would happen to me if the EPA told me to stop using something, and I kept on using it?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Yes, I am really trying to find the dirt so I can post it.
Check out all the EPA suits here, Cease and Desist's I dont see BP on it.

taberlaw.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

OK so the stuff they are pumping in to the water "Corextinct" 9500 has a concentration of arsenic at 0.16 ppm I know the EPAs limit is 10 ppm or 10 parts per gallon.

BUT

How many gallons of this stuff a day they keep pumping in the same area from the time BP started pumping till now and till they stop or fix the leak.
I know 0.16 ppm wont harm a human, but would destroy the plankton and small invertebrates in the area or the areas that the oil reaches.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Yes that arsenic figure you present is correct!

Just last week bad news about the ocean and the way its natural arsenic is affected.

www3.imperial.ac.uk...

www.elsevier.com...

Add to that the arsenic hazardous material in COREXIT AC9500A and you have a real lethal potential!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm thinking even if they clean up the oil, and the corexit with it, there's gonna be some nasty DDT-esque remains of that crap in the sealife (especially seafood) for a loooooong time.

Even now, people like me, who were born and grew up after they outlawed that chemical cocktail crap, have (trace amounts?) DDT in my body. Just imagine the arsenic and lead, and all that other crap in the stuff. It's going to get stuck in the fish and other sea life. Then out comes the fishermen, do their thing, pull up the stuff, and in the end, somebody's going to end up eating it.

"The food is safe to eat", eh? I'd like to see Mr Obama take his mouth awayt from BP's collective behinds and eat some arsenic-flavoured Gulf fish.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is pure DEATH in a can......and they say it's safe down there, come on down and enjoy a day at the beach....Yea, right, I'm on my way.....

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by guavas

Originally posted by robbinsj

I wonder what would happen to me if the EPA told me to stop using something, and I kept on using it?

The same thing that would happen to me...We would both be sitting in a prison somewhere awaiting trial....

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Corexit is illegal to use in the US in this maner, however BP is dumping untold amounts into the Gulf under the watchful eye of our government. The question is why is this allowed. BP, the Government, and all of us know this will kill all life in the Gulf. WHY is it allowed?
Corexit keeps the oil below the surface.
Many think this is done to hide the scope of the disaster, this is not the answer.
Water is a great insulator against radiation and toxic substances. This oil is highly radiaoactive and off gassing highly toxic fumes.

To delay evacuations, which delays the complete failure of the economy the government has chosen greed over stewardship.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

You are not alone in that thinking.

projectworldawareness.com...

Many of the chemicals listed in that "crude oil" leak are radioactive also.
This could be one reason they are moving the Naval ships out of the Gulf.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Great post !!!

If I had a car it would be sticked on my bumper !

S&F and hope "the chicks" will use it next week !

[edit on 9-7-2010 by truthy-bird]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join