It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Piggie: Trolling for Bacon with a fork

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Is this a serious thread or a play thread?
If it is a play thread...I wanted to volunteer
to bring the lettuce,tomatoes and mayo for
the BLT's.
If it is suppose to be a serious thread,it
needs to be trashed and put out of it's misery
and ours.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Where do you get that this thread is about bashing Law Enforcement Officers. If I wanted to bash LEO's all I would have to do is post one execution performed by them, one...

I never even read the multiple threads hear over it until the poster who created the live feed over the oakland riots.

Id be out there to. Cold blooded murder... And its only involuntary manslaughter?

On the plus side it gives me hope. It means I can go kill people I disagree with and only face five years..

Explain that... Or how about the thousands of other incidents.

That whole crap is not what this is about. I started this thread due to my own ignorance. I want to know what its like. The pressures they face. Crap from their superiors. Maybe a few retired would be willing to talk.

Its not about bashing its about understanding. Are you the second definition?

That day is coming, the day when that choice is going to be made. Maybe just maybe by god, this dialogue now will be running through a few of the officers heads. And maybe just maybe when TSHTF they will say, FU to TPTB. Followed by we are not doing this, we are here to protect and serve not punish and enslave.

The hatred and mistrust is justified. It needs to be refocused into accomplishing something good.

You want to know what I am after...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I don't know if I'm considered LEO or not. I work in Corrections but my father was in the RCMP.

First off, your title is offensive. You ask questions but you are purporting a certain disdain with the title and the OP.

From my experience, and it's extensive, I grew up around cops, there are good and bad. My father never shot his revolver on the job. Well with the exception of qualifying on the range. He was known to give other cops tickets. For Dad the law was black and white. Something I don't agree with. He was a COP though.

I met others and most were good people and good cops. There were the occasional tools though. Pumped on their importance. Dad had no use for them. Considered them dangerous.

The bottom line? Yes, of course there's bad cops. I've seen more than a couple of handsful. I've also met hundreds of them.

One thing that gets missed in translation though is that cops are people. They carry their job with them 24/7. If you don't you're not only a bad cop, probably a psycho. They see # daily that we don't, and don't want to. I tell you, it's quite unnerving to come home and see a 300lb man that is your father weeping into his hands at the dining room table because he had to peel a kid off of the highway. Over 30 years ago and it still gives me chills.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The title and other material with-in does take a lot to not try and bashbashbash.......

I am curious about all I can learn when it comes to psych, and it combined with a few other things.

Poof the title and the responses...

Your father sounds like a good man.

Yes I do considered you part of the police establishment. My roommate is a former corrections officer. He has told me some of the worst and some the funnier things he has seen.

He said that his whole career their where about four innocent men in there. All the other gaurds new it to. There was not a thing they could do except make sure nothing happened to them.

Is it the same with yourself and fellow gaurds?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Cold blooded murder eh? How about reading up on the CA PC 187 and the intent that's needed to qualify a killing as murder before you go on with your ignorant emotionally based posts. Remember, the judge said there wasn't evidence to show that there was intent when the incident occurred so out the door goes murder. No mens rea, no murder conviction.

Did he wrongfully kill that man in a criminally negligent manner?
Yes so it's Involuntary Manslaughter.

Did he kill that man with malice aforethought?
No, so no Murder.

Did he intend to use his Tazer and not his gun in which he did?
Yes.
Why?
Because he stood up when he shot him. The action of standing up is consistent with the actions of firing a Tazer because like AED's, if you're touching any part of a person when that jolt goes into them the jolt goes into you too.
If the use of a firearm was needed, then he wouldn't have gotten up from his squatted position since in a hypothetical combat shooting situation like that officers in CA are trained to pull their pistol and shoot from the waist without getting up.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well, I am not a Police Officer, although I seriously considered Police Academy.

I even took the Academy entrance exam and passed it with flying colors.

That being said however I have been a Security Officer in a hospital.

I tend to speak and speak loudly about Government, Military, and Law Enforcement, however, due to being raised by a Vietnam era former Marine.

I was taught how to spot corrupt Law Enforcement of many levels, not to mention knowing politics, inside and out, knowing the different aspects of society and how we treat not only ourselves but those who protect and serve.

Myself, I have noticed a rather rampant rise of criminal and semi-criminal mentality on ATS lately, people who speak of violence, who have violent tendencies already, or who have learned negative behavior patterns.

I tend to see any thread on ATS about Law Enforcement, whether by intent of the original poster, or not, go very quickly into the Cop-hater venue.

You know what really irriates me about that more so than the corruption?

That people do not tend to recognize that Law Enforcement Officer's have a job.

Their job is to stop people from doing stupid, ignorant, and criminal things.

Stop speeders who are literally causing unsafe conditions for other people.

Yes, it is ironic how they have to speed, to stop a speeder, that is their job.

Stop domestic violence of a couple where the husband beat the tar out of the wife too ignorant and scared to leave, usually because of Stockholm Syndrome.

Yes, it is ironic how they have to step into violence, to stop a domestic violence case, that is their job, often to their detriment when a spouse leaps on their back as their leading the abusive jackass off to jail.

Remember my comment about violence, violent tendencies, and learned behaviors.

Yeah, Law Enforcement Officer's have the roughest, and most abusive of days.

Today as a matter of fact I discussed with someone outside ATS how I see possibly 3 to 5% of those serving within Government, as corrupt, and that extends to Law Enforcement as well, after a while it comes with the terrority.

You will take note my post here is neither nasty nor derogatory towards L.E.O.'s.

Neither is it necessarily defending the actions of the few who give them a bad name.

Law Enforcment Officer's are the physical extension of the Juducial Branch.

One of the three branches of Government we often complain, whine, and or bitch about, and while I most certainly understand some people may see their freedoms have been infringed upon, they have been defended by those same people we often rant and rave about non-stop.

Any Law Enforcement Officer on ATS immediately has my respect.

Even the Undercover ones we joke about being Government Agents.

Do you know why?

Because they are just doing their jobs.

If you do not know the law, if you do not know how to keep from breaking the law, if you see violence as the only resort, you deserve to be locked up.

That goes for those Law Enforcement Officer's who break the law too.

They are not above the law but politics being what it is there often is what may seem to be a double-standard, more often than not it is because the psychological stresses of the job are far too much for them.

Law Enforcement has the highest divorce rate in America than any other country.

Gee, I wonder why that is, possibly because the job royally sucks.

Yet they still come back for the grueling punishment day after day.

Often spit on, stabbed at, shot at, and generally disrespected completely.

Yep.

These men and women drive fast cars, carry an arsenal of weapons, and have the authority to lock you up, that is their job, but they are people.

Just like you and I.

They have laws they have to follow too.

Policy, procedure, and protocol as well, how to do things, why to do things, and when to do those things, often to save someone's life and take someone else's.

That comes with the territory.

If you know the law though it is there to protect you just as much to put you away.

The law is just a bunch of words bound in an agreement society chose for us.

And Law Enforcement Officer's are the men and women chosen to enforce that.

As a former Security Officer, it irritated me to no end when people would ignorantly call me a Security Guard, not a Security Officer, especially at a hospital, a small city of its own, because of the sheer size.

A guard, has a toll booth, and patrols a fenceline with a flashlight.

A Security Officer enforces policy through procedure following protocol.

So does a Law Enforcment Officer.

If you feel you have been rousted by an Officer think about what lead to that moment.

Did you disrespect them and it was the 100th time that day?

Were you ignoring the law completely and lying through your teeth when asked if you were aware of what you did and why you were stopped?

Did something you do breach the peace in some way?

My post is not in any way a Law Enforcement apologist post.

Lord knows I'm going to get some idiot making a fuss over my post.

But you know what?

I would tell that idiot to shove off and take a short walk off a short pier.

Just the same as I would to a Law Enforcment Officer who disrespected me.

The difference is I would say sir or ma'am to that Officer and my intent would be indifferent, due to my nature to know, who I am speaking to.

Someone I respect.

For anyone who might reply to my post none of this has been directed at you.

If I felt a Law Enforcement Officer was wrong in doing something I would tell them, the same as I would tell you, but that is because I choose to.

And because I know how to speak intelligently to anyone and everyone.

Cop-haters just as much as the Cops they love to hate.

Go on and hate me for respecting Law Enforcment Officers.

At the end of the day you do not walk in my shoes nor theirs.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.

Helen Keller

Odd is it not how a blind woman sees security is it not.

We do not ever attain 100% security in our lives because of the nature of mankind.

Because ultimately mankind is the most selfish species because we love to hate.

How about instead of hating someone doing their jobs we actually step up?

And be a responsible citizen and know the laws by being intelligent.

Because you know what, the law is not just there to tell you what you cannot do, it is there to tell you what you can do as well, the law is ambivalent.

It is our perceptions of that law which is often skewed and or out of alignment.

While I certainly understand the law, I as well most certainly understand that all it takes is one individual to change that law, through perseverance, through knowledge of the law, and the difference of how society works, and how we believe it should work, to affect one person.

If you can know the law and exercise intelligence it becomes an important partner.

And it will back you up in everything you try to achieve in life.

However, if you are ignorant of the law, it can be your worst enemy.

It is ultimately your decision of whether to know it or be an ignorant victim.

You are either one of three men or women in your own life.

You can be the man or woman who is down on their knees with a shotgun aimed at their head, you can be the man or woman holding that shotun, or you can be the man or woman intelligent enough to know that the shotgun is only an extension of power, and your actions decide your fate, in whether the shotgun is a weapon to be feared.

Or a tool to enforce a job with zero power if the correct actions are taken.

With all that seriousness I have to say Law Enforcement Officer's have a sense of humor just like the rest of humanity, and one of the most important tools is not the gun, the taser, the handcuffs, the night-stick, but the ability to wield their intelligence and sense of humor in de-escalating.

If you're on the right side of the law, Law Enforcement Officers can and will be your best friend, if you're on the wrong side of the law, your worst enemy.

The most important thing I can say is know where you stand in regards to the law.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse but neither is being stupid enough to insult someone who is just doing their job, whether you believe in them or not.

COPS Theme Song - Bad Boys

You ultimately have the power to be arrested or not if you're intelligent.

By knowing just what is legal and what is illegal.

Whether you agree with the laws or not you can be more intelligent.

The law is just a set of policies, procedures, and protocols for life.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
With all that seriousness I have to say Law Enforcement Officer's have a sense of humor just like the rest of humanity, and one of the most important tools is not the gun, the taser, the handcuffs, the night-stick, but the ability to wield their intelligence and sense of humor in de-escalating.

Don't know if you've ever been to this site but this was part of the curriculum at my academy in CA.

Verbal Judo

The man's a loon but the info is solid gold in many fields.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

WT* are you talking about?
WT* are you talking about?
What is LEO an anagram for?
Weird thread

Weird dosn't begin to describe this sucka for me! Bizarre might suffice.
OP what are the chances there are laymans terms for what is going on here?.........Please?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

I have never been to that website but thank you for supplying it.

I learned "Verbal Judo" on my own, self-taught, due to life.

I follow policy, procedure, and protocol in all things I do in life.

Often I hold myself to a higher standard than most.

And I know the difference between right and wrong and politics.

It is often knowing the differences which sets us apart from the animals.

They react by instinct according to their species and we have to learn that.

Animals are often smarter than humans and understand their roles.

Humans have confused their roles, program themselves to reject those roles, or ignorantly assume someone is their master, when no one can master you if you do not allow them to do so, because you choose.

You choose to be a servant, a master, or someone completely free.

I am free.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I hate to ask SKL but I wanted to know if you would take over responding to the posters here. I have to finish the data thread I created. It is to good a topic to let go in my opinion.

If not its ok, I understand everyone is busy....

I was trying to get an idea from the officers what it is like to be one.

either way thanks.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

First off, your title is offensive.

I agree. I went digging into past threads only to find this one. I kinda understand what the op was trying to do, but it could have been done in a more respectful manner.

Looks like a few posters already pointed this out.

I was considering becoming a LEO, but my family feels I will only find it more of a burden than an opportunity.

Still on the fence. We will see.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistafaz
Did he intend to use his Tazer and not his gun in which he did?
Yes.
Why?
Because he stood up when he shot him. The action of standing up is consistent with the actions of firing a Tazer because like AED's, if you're touching any part of a person when that jolt goes into them the jolt goes into you too.
If the use of a firearm was needed, then he wouldn't have gotten up from his squatted position since in a hypothetical combat shooting situation like that officers in CA are trained to pull their pistol and shoot from the waist without getting up.

Forgive me for injecting some common sense.

He doesn't need to be a cop if he can't tell the difference between a gun and a tazer for so long, that he actually grips and pulls the trigger on his freaking gun. I guess he realized it was a gun after some had to remind him, too? I don't buy it.

Was there malicious forethought? Yes, I believe so. I believe you are mistaken in thinking there was not, because there is NO WAY that pig could be THAT dumb. They can be pretty damned stupid, I know, but come on. Reaching for your gun by mistake is something that takes a split second of "Woah! Whoops" before corrective action occurs. Instead, he took it out, stood up, gripping it correctly, and squeezed the trigger. Someone should have only been there to squeeze their own trigger to save the young man and serve real justice.

Standing up is also perfectly normal for someone who wants to put space between their ears and the firearm, which they know is going to be very loud, and the ground reflects that sound energy back up. The closer you are to something, the less sound energy is attenuated before returning to your ears. The pig was just making himself more comfortable before killing the young man.

The riots are justified and it would be a real shame if more were not done about this and similar police corruption all over this country. What we need is less apologizing for them and more beating their asses the same way they senselessly beat others for no reason.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I work in Corrections but my father was in the RCMP.

First off, your title is offensive.

YOU are offensive. I'm offended that you're offended. Law enforcement is supposed to protect the 1st amendment. If you're going to moan about the word "pig", you can understand my skepticism that you would ever uphold such a duty faithfully. Real police men and women take verbal assault every day as part of the job, as they should, realizing that citizens are not angry at them personally but the political system they choose to serve, for better or for worse.

Originally posted by starryeyes
I was considering becoming a LEO, but my family feels I will only find it more of a burden than an opportunity.

Still on the fence. We will see.

If you do, you should rightfully find that it WILL be more of a burden than an opportunity. It's a public service paid for by taxpayers that should be approached with humility and fear, NOT an "opportunity" for your personal gain. You are already looking at it the wrong way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join