It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea threatens war if U.N. Security Council blames it for ship sinking

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I agree, the problem is someone is writing this stuff, and I don't like the author, don't care much for being a character either....

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Look at their transparent history.

Threat = US sends them money.

Then we stop sending them money, so they follow through on a threat. Now its a standoff to see how far they will go.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well...I do know they've demanded money but I wasn't aware we've sent them all that much. China seems to take care of them that way.

I do, however, remember that Halliburton helped them build their first light water reactor. Maybe that help was in lieu of payment.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
North Korea has been making threats about war and "nuclear strikes" for far too long now. Yes, the SK warship sinking incident is suspicious but I wonder if any of the members of international community even considers these threats seriously. To put it simply, Kim Jong Il has cried wolf many times and until the DPRK army marches into SK, very few countries are going to stand up and pay attention.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well apparently the U.N. takes these threats seriously, because they caved in to the demand by N.K. they not be blamed for this 'incident'.

And it seems China is warning US and SK about wargames.

South China seas heating up, Arabian Seas heating up, carribean heating up, looks to be a hot summer.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

As much as N. Korea love to run their mouth and threaten everyone with war.. I really do have my suspicions over the sinking of S. Korea's warship.

If N. Korea really wanted war by sinking this boat why do they continue to deny having any involvement?

It think there is a sinister force at play here.. Someone somewhere is pushing hard for war to happen.

Like Gerald Celente has been saying, when all else fails (Global Economy) they take you to war.

Is history repeating itself in front of our eyes?

www.businessghana.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Probably because north korea doesn't want to be seen as instigators...
I thought that would be obvious, if you want war, you try to get the other guy to start the war so they look like the bad guy. Imagine the propaganda machine that would start rolling if south korea started the war on the north.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
How will we ever clean our world up with all these 2 yr olds running countries?

Some times I wish the total end would come and end this crap.

We cannot progress as human beings as long as we suffer these morons and fools.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
lol

people here are clueless

false flag as NK

why would NK lie if they did the attack ... and lets be real: why the hell would NK do anything?

they are just talk, and they talk because they are threatened ...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b0092bc6e81.gif[/atsimg]

Tantrum throwing lil' kimmy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56fdae47ddf0.jpg[/atsimg]

World's humanity

[edit on 9-7-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Here we go again, people blindly swallowing the propaganda.

Wake the hell up.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Okay, they blamed NK....

NK doesn't have the BALLS:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Didn't they say this very thing a few weeks ago? Maybe two weeks?

Every month since I was a kid. I'm a little older than many here. Yup every few months sometimes two or three times a month North korea threatens war. Sometimes twice a week

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Yeah, from that article i posted near the bottom of page 1:

The U.S. and China have agreed on a statement condemning the attack on a South Korean warship that doesn’t accuse North Korea of complicity.

They condemned the attack but didn't accuse NK.

So we're guessing it was a generic-type warning and hoping it satisfies NK's concern in the OP article.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Even before Lil Kim? Seriously, though..it's got to suck to be them. Luckily they still have big brother China watching their back.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Something tells me that puppet master is about ready to cut off it's own hand.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee3c836b7b2e.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Since you're older you should also know why they are making threats against Western bully-ism attitude/which they are at war with.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

Since you're older you should also know why they are making threats against Western bully-ism attitude/which they are at war with.

Yes becuase North Korea is the last of the cold war hold outs. While the rest of the world has moved forward. The Soviet Union is gone and China is now a Capitalist nation. One in which they have so badly mismanaged their own economy where Little Kimmy would rather spend billions on weapon systems than feed his own people.

A country that now China is having to build a better more secure border with them as to keep all the people trying to escape North Korea into China looking for work and food out.

May I remind you who invaded whom that started this situation in the first place?

No, Maybe I wont that would require you to do some real research into the real past. Not just rely on pop culture opinion of the US.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Give those Koreans some Enzyte, that'll fix this mess.

North Korea just can't seem to get along, too bad really.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You're expecting them to move forward with the Western Bully-ism still around?

I guess you expect Cuba to move forward also?

The difference between me and you in regards to this situation is:

- You believe N-Korea is the source of the problem, holding peace back.
- I believe the Western empire is the source of the problem, holding peace back.

Me and you both can agree that everyone in this day and age lies, right? It is hard to find a honest person, or country. That being said, how can we find the truth?

Since the world has gone materialistic, we can find the truth through observation of gains and losses in material sense.

Think about it, what does N-Korea have to gain from peace?
Think about it, what does the Western-empire have to gain from peace?

I don't want to make assumptions in regards, a 50 year old war still continuing? I guess you are gonna argue that since there is/was two monsters, they are both innocent.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret
- I believe the Western empire is the source of the problem, holding peace back.

You do realize that Russia, China, the US, Japan and South Korea are all trying to get North Korea to chill out right? None of them are talking about forcing any kind of reunification on the North yet. Just for them to stop all the saber rattling and threats.

I don't know....
Look at North Koreas statement every few months going back decades they are always threatening war. I don't hear the US or South Korea threatening war every few days or weeks towards them. So who is being the bully here? South Korea is one of the fastest growing countries in the region next to China so which society is better off. Better schools, Hospitals, more opportunity etc?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join